[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say that only the Genesis / Mega Drive's CPU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 4thgenspecs.jpg (403KB, 1730x947px) Image search: [Google]
4thgenspecs.jpg
403KB, 1730x947px
Why do people say that only the Genesis / Mega Drive's CPU was more powerful than the SNES, when in fact, everything in the Genesis / Mega Drive was more powerful than the SNES.

Everything.
>>
>people

It's just a few autistic old guys who can't get over the fact that the console wars is long over and that you, actually, can enjoy both consoles.
Specs on papers mean shit if you don't get good devs. Luckily both systems got good devs working on them.
>>
Cuz snes has 256 colors
>>
>>3571819
Yeah, on paper, maybe. Too bad this didn't result in prettier or more impressive games.

>64 (more like 16 in practice) color ditherfest
>fart sounds and music
>terrible framerates despite muh blast processing
>>
>>3572672
>fart sounds and music

kek best meme
>>
>>3571819
Who gives a shit. This battle is all about games and the SNES is the clear winner by far.
>>
File: Knuckles.png (44KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles.png
44KB, 350x447px
>>3573086
What did u say u little bitch?
Genesis games take a fat steamy dump all over garbage snes games
You fucking plebes disgust me
>>
>>3573096
I have more genesis games than you. I am from the era. You are wrong. God damn kids these days I swear.
>>
Genesis does what Nintendon't. I like my games with more than two enemies on screen at a time and without massive slowdown.
>>
>>3571819
>Everything
>post pic that disproves claim
>being an assmad console war warrior in 2016
>blatantly ignoring global rule #2
>>
>>3571819
>It's just a few autistic old guys who can't get over the fact that the console wars is long over
Children are doing it too. There are youtubers making videos about this sort of thing and younglings run off to parrot their opinions here. Not even lying, there are people born after '98 who are likely reviving this dusty old battle and thinking they're doing the world a favor.

The fact that I know this makes me realize more and more that I'm getting old and shouldn't be here anymore.
>>
>>3571819
The SNEZ had 4x the Colours allowing more diversity. It also had the most progressive sound chip. Its the current year 2016. Dont you want to be on the right side of History? Fucking bigots.
>>
who cares, both consoles had cool games
>>
>>3571826
It's just another rivalry like Yankees—Red Sox, Chevy—Ford and so on. No one even cares about who's objectively right, it's just about the conflict itself and adding imaginary worth to their dull lives.
>>
>>3571826
If the autistic kids having console wars today are "old guys" to you then you shouldn't be here. Or anywhere except your moms vagina for that matter.
>>
>>3571819

>Everything.
Yeah sure, that's why every single Genesis game used dithering as a crutch for its shitty tiny colour pallettes and lack of transparency.
>>
>>3576104
having a few more colors is all the SNES had going for it though

it was so much slower in every other way
>>
What people don't get is that Mega Drive is 2/3 years older than SNES and even like this it had some moments where it outperformed it, shit was amazing.
>>
Slower, came out a while after, yet it still won the console war.

SNES has better games, controller and sound.
>>
>>3576132
>yet it still won the console war.

it mostly didn't if you live outside of japan

tie at best in USA
>>
>>3573096
The console most popular in Japan got the best support.

>>3576119
And mode 7.
>>
>>3572672
>>fart sounds and music
Triggers me every time
>>
>>3576137
>And mode 7.

Mode 7 is just a fancy name for "SNES can rotate backgrounds". So can the Genesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKsQ09qOk4
>>
>>3573683
/thread
>>
>>3576164
Nice, but that was rare for the machine. You might argue that it was overused for the SNES, but that still means there were a lot of good games using mode 7.
>>
>>3574021

old guys =/= autistic old guys
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.