[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these franchises in your opinion is better and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: lGkq7EU.png (433KB, 510x355px) Image search: [Google]
lGkq7EU.png
433KB, 510x355px
Which one of these franchises in your opinion is better and why and what do you think the best game of both is? I never got into either of these series and I'm looking to start.
>>
Aside from controlling a ninja they're not really similar.
>>
i've never played gaiden but definitely check out revenge of shinobi
>>
Shinobi shits all over ninja gayden.
>>
>>3571576

This.
>>
>>3571568

Ninja Gaiden is better
>>
>>3571576
And there goes the thread.
>>
>>3571576
What are the biggest differences?
>>
>>3571693

Not him but mostly gameplay and overall game design. Both are side-scrollers, and both are ninja-themed, there ends the similarities.
>>
>y-you can't compare them because they aren't completely similar!

Autism at it's finest.
>>
>>3571695
Right but how would you describe the gameplay of both?
>>
File: MurasakiBrothers1.png (485KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MurasakiBrothers1.png
485KB, 640x480px
>>3571769
Shinobi is slower and more methodical, most enemies are best dealt with from a distance, you must take care of every step you make, proceed slow but surely.

NG is more frenetic and you make your way through enemies by slashing through them in close combat, proceeding in a slow, stealthy way it's a sure death. You must go and never stop, walljump, slash enemies, keep going.

Shinobi feels a bit more like real ninja, NG is more flashy Rambo-style non-stop action.

>>3571767
People can give their opinions, but OP should form his own by playing them first.

Also, it's possible to like both series for different reasons, without placing one above the other.
It's easier to compare the different iterations within the series, but that'd still be opinions. For example I prefer Super Shinobi, but a lot of people like Shinobi III better.
>>
Ninja Gaiden is much better because of faster pacing and no autoscrollers.
>>
>>3571786
This. Also, in Ninja Gaiden, if you fuck up on the timing and positioning of anything, you're gonna lose a ton of life, otherwise if you're fast and precise you can get far in the game pretty easily. Basically, if you lose a life, it's your fault, you can't blame anything on the controls. Super Shinobi is more forgiving but more complex, so it kinda balances out. Also, controls in NG II and III are floatier than in I, but they're still good, you just gotta adapt. Also, Shinobi III is objectively GOAT, even if I prefer Super Shinobi. Also, Shadow Dancer is really good.
>>
There are some really good Ninja Gaiden games. The Master System game is very good. Ninja Gaiden III on Lynx is also very good. The NES version was called Shadow Warriors, it wasn't very good. None of the three NES games were very good.

Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi III, and Cyber Shinobi are all great.

Overall I'd say the Shinobi series has more good games. The PS2 Shinobi is not as good as the rebooted Ninja Gaiden series, however.
>>
>>3572015
>None of the three NES games were very good.

?
>>
>>3571568
Shinobi, obviously.

Revenge of Shinobi got maybe the most badass boss theme from the MegaDrive, and Shinobi III is a retro action masterpiece.

I also consider Gaiden achieved its way to 3D, while Shinobi PS2 ans Nightshade were meh at best.

Seriously, what can be more epic than a surfing ninja?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Bc-AXdQLo
>>
>>3572021
They're really not, especially compared to the Master System game.
>>
>>3572107

let me guess, sega vs nintendo shitposting shenanigans?

I don't think you'll get many people to agree with you, NES NG are great games,
>>
>>3572110
They don't play anywhere near as well as the Master System game.
>>
The Shinobi series manages to do a completely different thing for allmost all of their entries and don't produce a single bad game. Even the not retro ones were ok.
>>
>>3571568
Shinobi 3 is fun as fuck to speed run and has a ton of cool tricks to learn. Easily one of my top 10 games of all time.

Ninja Gaiden isn't fun, it's just a way to measure your epeen.
>>
File: ninja-gaiden-level-1.jpg (94KB, 620x543px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-gaiden-level-1.jpg
94KB, 620x543px
Arcade:
Shinobi >>> Ninja Gaiden

8-bit home ports:
Ninja Gaiden > Shinobi

16-bit:
Shinobi by default

Post 2000:
Shinobi on PS2 is great
Ninja Gaiden on Xbox is greater
>>
I hate Shinobi's double jump.
It makes me fart.
and I hate Ninja Gaiden's one way to beat levels thing.
It also makes me fart.

Best ninja game? Strider.
>>
File: strider.png (471KB, 724x504px) Image search: [Google]
strider.png
471KB, 724x504px
>>3571568
Answer is, Capcom's response to Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>3571693
Ninja Gaiden is like a SHMUP mixed with a platformer: It's played largely by learning to thread the needle, so to speak, through a litany of increasingly difficult situations. Enemies respawn continuously so that the pressure stays on you to move. Small errors hurt a lot and big errors usually cost you a life.

Shinobi, on the other hand, is a much slower moving game. Most of the time, there's no pressure on you to continue moving as most enemies don't actually come at you and certainly don't respawn when they die. There's a lot more slower moving platforming and a greater reliance on stage-based gimmicks.

Both franchises are really great, and even though they're really not comparable (seriously. Try them for yourself) I'd give the edge to Ninja Gaiden, despite the fact that I got into Shinobi ten years earlier. The Shinobi games are great and all but they really are quite slow. Ninja Gaiden's main feature is perhaps the very real sense of accomplishment you get when you finally do make some progress in the game, and that's completely absent from Shinobi as most of your deaths are likely to result from one-off blunders, and not the repeated failure to complete the same task that is basically the primary characteristic of Ninja Gaiden.

Like I said, though, they're both really good. I would check out Ninja Gaiden II on the NES and Shinobi 3 on the Genesis first.
>>
>>3572131

You're not convincing anyone though, NES Ninja Gaiden are good games.
Not saying the SMS game isn't good too, but take your 35 year old console war faggotry to the geriatric.
>>
>>3572326
Are you fructose malabsorbant?
>>
>>3572378
>Not saying the SMS game isn't good too, but take your 35 year old console war faggotry to the geriatric.

It's not even consolewar faggotry if you are talking the SMS version. That game never even had a north America or a Japanese release.

It was a special snowflake game made for a long dead console that lingered unnecessarily past it's expiry date in PAL regions. Most people outside of Australia never even knew this game existed until they stumbled across it while fucking around with emulators.
>>
I always found Shinobi extremely awkward and frustrating to control. Ninja Gaiden has much faster and smoother gameplay.
>>
File: hagane.jpg (128KB, 500x904px) Image search: [Google]
hagane.jpg
128KB, 500x904px
>>3571568

Play the best instead.
>>
>>3571568
I like both but I had lots of fun with the Sega CD version of Shinobi back in the day.
>>
File: shinobi spiderman.jpg (423KB, 1006x1357px) Image search: [Google]
shinobi spiderman.jpg
423KB, 1006x1357px
>>3572492

Sega CD version had spiderman and godzilla removed. I seem to recall they replaced godzilla with a zombie dragon thing.

I can't remember if it still had Rambo and Arnold's T-800, or the fight with Batman.

I am always amazed they pulled this off in the first place.
>>
>>3572508
Also the Terminator
>>
>>3572508
>>
>>3572512
>Also the Terminator

That was the T-800 mentioned above. That was a really fun boss fight as he was throwing engine blocks and cars at you.
>>
>>3572519
So you did, I missed that completely
>>
>>3572508
>I am always amazed they pulled this off in the first place.

Only the early revisions of the cart have those, on later ones they replaced those bosses.
>>
>>3572421
>Outside of Australia
Uh...
>>
>>3572549

Ok. Brazil too. They loved their SMS through the mid 90s as well.
>>
>>3572561
>Ok. Brazil too
Uh...
>>
>>3572313
Only the Master System version of Ninja Gaiden is better than the 8 bit port of Shadow Dancer.
>>
File: shinobi.jpg (178KB, 861x538px) Image search: [Google]
shinobi.jpg
178KB, 861x538px
Shinobi > Strider > Ninja Gayden
>>
>>3574757

>Gayden

HAhahahaah, very creative. This is why I come to 4chan, you guys have a great humor, very original.
>>
>>3574757
Strider > Ninja Gaiden > ShinoPEDOFAGFURRYPONYUNDERTALENOOBCASUALDMCREBOOTKELLYCLARKSONSTEPPEDONALEGOISRAELFUCKASSDAMNHELLBASTARDCRAPbi
>>
File: hitlers.jpg (27KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
hitlers.jpg
27KB, 608x402px
>>3574771
>being this wrong
>>
Shitnobi
>>
>>3571786
>Shinobi feels a bit more like real ninja

Yet neither of them get close to the real thing. Actual ninjutsu consisted of espionage and infiltration tactics that aimed to gather information about an enemy. Historical sources show that combat was always discouraged and this makes sense considering it reveals your presence and makes your enemy wary of future attacks.

Ninja Gaiden, however, gets closer to the modern notion of a ninja; an extremely fast and shadowy figure that kills his opponents in a single hit and possesses arcane powers.

I've never seen Rambo charging towards his enemies with a sword.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.