[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I don't have enough to get a NES, SNES and Genesis separately.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: super_retro_trio.jpg (67KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
super_retro_trio.jpg
67KB, 1100x1100px
So I don't have enough to get a NES, SNES and Genesis separately. I know clones are a meme, but is pic related good? I recall the Retro Duo being surprisingly competent even if it had a handful of incompatibilities
>>
>>3571078
You might as well emulate on the PC

Don't have enough? Buy one of the 3 consoles first, then another one in a month or when you have the money, like the rest of the mortals.
>>
>>3571078
Don't buy those things
They suck and have horrible input lag
Buy original even if it takes longer you will thank yourself.
>>
How many fucking times must we say it to you idiots? DON'T BUY EMULATOR CLONE SHITS, either go emulate or buy the real consoles
>>
>>3571078
>incompatibilities
>shoddy construction
>death grip on your cartridges

It took this mispurchase for me to finally realize that clone consoles aren't shit and probably won't ever be.
>>
>>3571282
This makes me wonder: do people hock these used for cheap? I've been pondering getting one of these just to harvest the cheap USB cartridge reader out of it. Hell, even new the reader in this is cheaper than any others I've seen.
>>
no, if you're going to emulate you should probably just forgo carts entirely. just get original hardware and a flash cart.
>>
The Retro Trio is a hardware clone system, not a software emulation box.
This means there's no cartridge reader for >>3571373 to use, and there's also no input lag (>>3571090).
They have other issues, with compatibility, sound quality, and sometimes video quality.
>>
go full retard (original consoles)
or go non-retard (emulator on PC)

never go half retard
>>
>>3571373
Never seen that exact one second hand cheap but I've bought a lot of others. But come to think of it when I bought a boxed retron 1 in a flea market I probably overpaid.

>>3571790
>go full poorfag (emulator on PC)
FTFYK
>>
I find it depressing how many of you suggest emulating.รค
>>
>>3571923
Why? I'm a collectorfag but wouldn't tell someone who doesn't have the money that they need it to enjoy retro.
>>
>>3571078
I've looked into these a bit recently and here are my conclusions:

This is the best clone console you can get.
It's hit or miss in terms of quality:
Some people's work perfectly, some have lots of audio distortion and some compatibility issues.

The newer ones have SNES plugs on the controllers instead of Genesis ones like pic related, so those are likely more reliable.

I think emulators are better than hardware in most cases, but if you would really like one of these, get one from a very customer-centric seller like Amazon because you might have to do a couple of returns before you get a good unit.
>>
>>3571929
It's not expensive, unless you need everything NOW.
>>
>>3571923
4chan largely attracts the poor
>>
>>3571078
I have one.

1. Nes is worst out of three, it has most games that just doesn't run at all, and some models(of retro trio) has fucked up audio on specif games(kirbys adventure, castlevania 2 and many more). However, games that do run runs no problem

2. Snes seems to be just fine, there is some slowdown thats not present in legit hardware(for example Demons Crest is much more laggier than it should be, and super metroid and DKC1-3 and probably many other games has slowdown when they do specif flashing effects(and with so-called flashlight effect). Outside of that it works fine

3. Genesis is best out of three, having region and language selection build-in, and with only one (official) game not working without modding(virtua racing, and also 32x and sega CD). It does suffer from the jailbar issue(google), while theres mod to fix it, it doesn't fix it completely. Also master system games works, at least with my chink-everdrive.

Also the controllers that it comes with are surprisingly good, they do have that cheap-feeling to them, but they are good enough.

But I'd still suggest emulating on PC instead, I mean if you dont have money, how do you have money for games then? Buying legit console(s) is better option in long run.
>>
>>3572052
>You can play a video game for free with hardware you already or you spend money on hardware and software. The second option is the most reasonable because it is not expensive.
>>
>>3571929
So he finds it kind of depressing how many poorfags there are here. What's wrong with that?

>>3571943
>i've looked into these but don't own one
>i'll post some crazy shit about how SNES controller plugs make a console more reliable anyway
into the trash it goes

>>3573123
>implying he already his mommy's macbook is
>>
>>3571907
PC emulator costs nothing while buying a knockoff console costs money

might as well buy original hardware
>>
>>3571078
Me and my wife...

Seriously though, you should really just emulate if you're considering this stuff. At least you can update to the latest SNES9x that way, and if you really have the desire to you can attempt hooking a CRT up to the compy.
>>
>>3573735
Just like emulating costs nothing for you because you already have the hardware playing on original hardware costs nothing for me because I already have the hardware. See that I did there? Grownups can make silly arguments using kidlogic to. The only difference is we don't actually take it seriously when we do.
>>
>>3573728
Point was that the SNES ones are newer and more likely to have some of the other issues resolved.
>>
File: 711Qa7TgcjL._SX522_.jpg (46KB, 522x404px) Image search: [Google]
711Qa7TgcjL._SX522_.jpg
46KB, 522x404px
My friend got me this for my birthday last year. I normally don't fuck with clones anyway, but this one actually almost nailed it. comes with two wireless controllers and some decent games built in. but... they somehow fucked up the sound, and some channels are out of tune while others aren't and everything sounds like a garbled mess. such a shame, it would be perfect otherwise desu
>>
>>3571078
The wife loves it!
>>
>>3575727
Plus mono only
>>
>>3575484
But that's not true. It's completely different hardware. Each console has it's own difficulties to emulate
>>
>>3576093

From the reviews I have read, it seems that the newer models are a bit more reliable than the older ones. It sounds like it's more of an issue of quality control. I saw a few people who had more than one unit, some which worked perfectly, and some with fucked sound and compatibility issues.

It's just a hunch though, maybe all the they did was change the controllers.
>>
>>3571078
I am with most here suggesting you emulate. It is the most cost effective way to play those systems, especially if purchasing the systems is costly (and the games will cost even more).

I have a lot of systems and games that I have kept over the years, but my NES died and I did get the Super Retro Trio for its SNES shaped Genesis controllers. Also to use it for games I dare not want touching my original systems (never owned a EA game on Genesis nor SNES until recently to try out Mutant League Football) like bootlegs. I intended the Trio to me my "treat like shit" console, but I really haven't used it. At this point I kind of wished I never got it, but there was no RetroUSB AVS nor NESmini announced at that time. It's not like it has any worth, so I cannot sell it to put it towards one of those, but I've been strangely enjoying Combat Cars lately on it (another game I do not want touching my original hardware, pretty good for $3+tax, and surprisingly decent Genesis music).

One thing of note, most here seem to mix up the Super Retro Trio with the Retron 5. Since the Retron 5 is the Android-based emulation machine and the Super Retro Trio is just clone hardware (Nintendo-on-a-chip). Perhaps this video can explain things a bit better: https://youtu.be/i9y12oIwCE0
>>
>>3576907
Why don't you like play certain games on your consoles?
>>
>>3577023
Those games arent worthy of being played on original hardware
Theyre that shitty
>>
>>3577023
Actually, I intended to buy the 3 Everdrives for the Super Retro Trio to make a side setup on an old CRT TV. However, I cannot afford them at the moment, so the clone console just is sitting on the floor playing the one free bootleg I got plus I recently got those two cheap games. I am in no rush to get the Everdrives, because I do have a lot of games already and I already do have an emulation machine. The Everdrive setup sounded good at the moment, now not so much.
>>
File: in to the trash it goes.png (190KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
in to the trash it goes.png
190KB, 300x400px
>>3576907
>my NES died
>only having one
>having an NES instead of master race FC
>thinking anyone read the rest
>>
File: emulation_ingredients.jpg (561KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
emulation_ingredients.jpg
561KB, 2592x1944px
>>3577864
It's a sad story. I'd agree with my parents not seeing any reason to get me two.

I have no (actually one) Famicom games. So no real need to get one at this time.

Nintendo is really pricey around here. The HDMI and RGB NES are expensive. Local game store has the toploader for $125USD, RetroUSB's AVS is also similarly costly to me. I just hate being poor as fuck.

Have a suggestion for a Bluetooth mouse to pair with my emulation machine here?
>>
>>3571078
My wife likes it so much that we decided to get a second one for her boyfriends son, too.
>>
>>3571180
These don't emulate.
>>
>>3571790
I agree with this.
>>
>>3571090
>input lag
>hardware clone

Uh, what
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.