[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I grew up PSX>PS2/Xbox>PS3/360/PC I've only played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Nintendo2.jpg (328KB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo2.jpg
328KB, 2048x768px
I grew up PSX>PS2/Xbox>PS3/360/PC

I've only played Nintendo stuff occasionally. My dad brought home a NES with a bunch of games he found at a yard sale, a little bit of Super Nintendo and N64 at friend's places but never really delve into Nintendo.

I now have a modded 3DS, a gamecube controller with a USB adapter and Dolphin runs great. What should I play and in what order to experience the best of Nintendo? Retro and modern. Also Nintendo-exclusive games/series would be appreciated. I'm looking at Chrono Trigger, Skies of Arcadia, etc. Thanks
>>
>>3570029
In no order;
>Super Mario Bros.
>Super Mario World
>Chrono Trigger or EarthBound
>Pokemon Crystal (or Gold/Silver DS remakes)
>Zelda: Ocarina of Time (or 3DS remakes)
>Super Metroid
>Donkey Kong '94
>Tetris (GB or NES)
>Super Mario 64
>Smash Bros. Melee
>Super Mario Galaxy 2

Those are pretty much the most popular titles, the most accessible and it's what I'd recommend to get a bit of everything. Didn't include most of the party games like Mario Kart and Party as they're boring on your own, Smash is at least kind of fun.
>>
If you want to dig a bit deeper none of the following are on the other anon's list and it's more or less assumed by people interested in the retro games era or Nintendo in general that they have some shared experience in these titles. These are also all fairly accessible, though you might have to unlearn modern FPS controls to enjoy N64 shooters

NES:
>Mario Bros. 3
>StarTropics
>Dr. Mario
SNES:
>Final Fantasy 6
>Soul Blazer/ Illusions of Gaia/ Terranigma
>Kirby Superstar
>Final Fantasy 3-5 (if you're interested in RPGs and want more)
N64:
>007:Goldeneye
>Perfect Dark
>Paper Mario
>Zelda:Majora's Mask
>>
>>3570029
did you mod your 3ds yourself to use a gamecube adapter or did i missread that?
>>
get the NES Classic edition and put it in the bathroom and play it while your takin a doo doo :D
>>
>>3570105
Misread. I'm a bad writer. I have a modded gateway 3ds, and an adapter for this gamecube controller that works on Dolphin.
>>
>>3570029
>skies of arcadia
>nintendo exclusive
lol at the people falling for the troll
>>
>>3570720
Oh right, the Dreamcast. A system so shitty it ruined Sega.

>muh soul calibur
>>
>>3571453

The system so shitty it ruined Sega was the Saturn. Only tards and weeaboos enjoyed that piece of shit.
>>
File: Kid-Icarus-4.jpg (50KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kid-Icarus-4.jpg
50KB, 400x240px
Download the 3D classic version of Kid Icarus.
Personally it's one of my favorite classic NES titles and the 3DS version is the definitive.
Be warned, the game might be crazy hard at first, but it gets less punishing as you go since you get upgrades and don't die in just a few hits. At least try to make it to the first dungeon and see if you like it.

The rest is up to you, there isn't a definitive way to "get into nintendo". Mario and Zelda are the staples but there are so many other series from Nintendo. Also make sure to play more than just 1st party stuff, there's a lot of 3rd party exclusives on the NES and SNES, and while the N64 is moslty a 1st party machine, it does have its own 3rd party exclusive gems. But if you got a modded 3DS just start with NES and SNES. Your backlog should be gigantic.
>>
>>3570223
>modded gateway 3ds
kekle
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.