[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that game you really like that you cannot convince any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Contra_-_Hard_Corps_Coverart.png (192KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
Contra_-_Hard_Corps_Coverart.png
192KB, 250x355px
>that game you really like that you cannot convince any of your friends to play, and if they do play it, they don't like it

Post 'em.
>>
My friends temble at my will, if I demand they play a game they play it

If I tell them they enjoyed it, they enjoy it
>>
All fighting games

My friends are all normies who only like FPS and co op multiplayer games
>>
>>3569818
It seems like everyone who has no experience with the genre thinks every fighting game is about doing insanely precise infinite combos all the time and has no desire to even try something on Fightcade. It's upsetting.
>>
>>3569780
Pretty much anything that isn't some AAA shooter or sports game is impossible for me to get most of my friends to play.
One of my friends will play Mortal Kombat with me, but that's about it (Not to brag but I'll wipe the floor with him too, so he rarely wants to play it.)
>>
>>3569828
Yeah, to normies I think it seems to skill based...and even to a lot of gamers, the fanbase and competitive nature puts them off cause they fear being told they suck or something....it stinks

>>3569891
>One of my friends will play Mortal Kombat with me, but that's about it (Not to brag but I'll wipe the floor with him too, so he rarely wants to play it.)

Funny enough, same thing here....if I get friends to ever play any fighter it's MK, cause they think the rest is "chink shit" or something and much like you, rarely want to play and get pissed when they lose
>>
File: Nox_(video_game_-_box_art).jpg (34KB, 334x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nox_(video_game_-_box_art).jpg
34KB, 334x400px
>>3569780
I got one or two people to try the co-op mode, but everyone seemed too intimidated by the quality of players online to try anything competitive.

>>3569818
>>3569828
I only find fighting games fun when my opponent is somewhere near the same skill level as me. Unfortunately, finding such an opponent always proves to be a herculean task that just isn't worth the effort. It seems like every single person online is either playing the game for the first time and just mashing buttons, or is an enthusiast who has been playing fighting games non-stop since the release of Street Fighter 2.

As such I accepted that I will never be good at a fighting game and pretty much gave up on the genre entirely.
>>
>>3569948
>playing the game for the first time and just mashing buttons
Help them learn

>or is an enthusiast who has been playing fighting games non-stop since the release of Street Fighter 2.
I find lots of people I play who are way better then me often try to help me out, not by letting me win or something but trying to teach me
>>
Convince them isn't difficult, especially when playing it together, it's convincing them to do it again after a playthrough.
It seems like the whole concept of replay value is going over people's heads as time goes by.
>>
>>3569780
Get new friends with better taste.
>>
>>3569909
>Chink shit
>anybody actually saying that unironically
You and the boys from the VA still talk about the Marianas turkey shoot?
Top Kek, any shitters who play MK for anything more than the laughable violence are only kidding themselves.
>>
>>3569780

>having friends

I wish normal fags would get off my /vr/
>>
File: move-carefully-to-avoid.png (51KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
move-carefully-to-avoid.png
51KB, 320x224px
>>3569780
Not quite none of them, but I've always had a hard time finding other Ecco the Dolphin fans. Most people either think it looks like a casual relaxing art game so they never try it, or they think it's a casual relaxing art game so they do play it and then hate the game for octo slapping them.
>>
>>3569780
Anything that isn't Smash.

Luckily I just found out that my younger cousin is into old school fighters and is interested in beat 'em ups and shmups, but getting to play with a friend on the couch is just a bit more satisfying than over Fightcade.
>>
Can't even get this one with my KOF buddies

RB2 just feels like "RBS: Everyone is Nerfed Edition" to me, not sure why that one seems to be better remembered

>>3570194
This is the worst, I get that people have their preferences and they're different breeds of game but the only way to convince a Smash player to touch a different game is at gun point
>>
File: terraniggasheartout.jpg (103KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
terraniggasheartout.jpg
103KB, 600x413px
I've actually gotten a lot of people to play it but they all quit at around Grecliff. One powerful soul made it past Grecliff and quit at Zue.
>>
>>3569780
every one I talk to hates Castlevania 2
I love this game but no one else does apparently
>>
File: 1471285351091.png (229KB, 752x856px) Image search: [Google]
1471285351091.png
229KB, 752x856px
>>3569780
>tfw my best friend only plays modern shit like Rocket League and Fifa
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.