[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a copy of Final Fantasy VII and it has a fucked Disc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: ff7casefront.jpg (233KB, 1191x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ff7casefront.jpg
233KB, 1191x1024px
I bought a copy of Final Fantasy VII and it has a fucked Disc 1. I can't play past the intro segment where you blow up the thing. Disc 1 has tiny little bumps right at the edge of the disc where it must have been knicked. The other discs don't have that damage. It's too late to return it. I could try to sell it but that would just be a dishonest passing of the buck. I can't find anyone selling only Disc 1's online.

Is there anything I can do here or am I just screwed?
>>
>>3569732
the bottom surface is simply clear plastic while the top of the disc with the printed logo and whatnot actually has the data encoded onto the bottom layer. if it's just the plastic that is damaged it can be resurfaced.
>>
>>3569732
Try switching disks to disk 2 or 3 before the explosion cutscene. It will play the wrong FMV but should allow progress.
>>
Also I wouldn't normally say this but FFVII is probably better emulated so you can use savestates to save on the map screen and avoid missing shit by accidentally cutting off areas by advancing the story too fast, and also so you can re-do story scenes and dialogue with different answers/different characters in the party

it's also a lot easier to see materia and shit on the maps when you're not playing on a CRT

someone is probably going to come in and say how everything I just said is bullshit and I'm not a real gamer, but you don't need to take wizards seriously

I also use the fast-forward function in emulator to skip summon animations and enemy turns when I know the battle is already over. Literally playing through this game right now.
>>
a) burn Disc 1 to a CD-Rom if you're capable of playing pirated PS1 games on actual hardware
b) do this >>3569745
c) cut your losses and just buy another copy, not like FF7 is particularly expensive used
>>
>>3569757
If you're going that route might as well play the PC version
>>
>>3569763
The PC version is actually bad, it's legit worse in most ways.
>>
>>3569747
The explosion FMV was replaced with a close up of some blue monster but all the way up to meeting Tifa and unlocking the Materia option didn't seem to have any problems. Weird that all that data's still on the disc. I guess FMVs are just that big. Might be finnicky switching every time there's issue but it might work. Thanks.
>>
File: Screenshot_10.png (103KB, 645x481px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.png
103KB, 645x481px
every time
>>
>>3569816
Now I tried to load my save and the only one there is the one inside Reactor No.1. Looks like that fix doesn't really work, guess I have to get the disc resurfaced.
>>
>>3569732
I'm not entirely sure of the nature of the damage, but a resurfacing may be possible, and you can probably do it cheaply at your library.

If that doesn't do the trick, then you could either try an auction on ebay, or just buy the first disc outright.
>>
>>3569732
>FF7

I'd say don't even bother in the first place. Played through it earlier this year and it's possibly the most underwhelming Final Fantasy game there is.
>>
>>
>>3569732
Don't worry about it, you're not missing out.
>>
>>3572358
So that fight took place on the north pole?
>>
>>3572653
Does FF8 even have a north pole?
>>
File: ff8map2.png (557KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
ff8map2.png
557KB, 900x650px
>>3573059
Yes, actually.
>>
borrow disc one from a friend.

eventually you will find one selling online for cheap
>>
File: 1408960223155.jpg (30KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1408960223155.jpg
30KB, 500x456px
>mfw I try having Tifa use the Powersoul and Curse Ring at the same time
>>
>>3573098
>>3573059
The world is actually torus-shaped.
>>
>>3569732
Destroy it.
>>
I have a spare disc one. If you want I can send it to you OP.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.