[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys recommend using for cataloging your games? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: game-shelf-2.jpg (363KB, 692x1037px) Image search: [Google]
game-shelf-2.jpg
363KB, 692x1037px
What do you guys recommend using for cataloging your games? I'd like a website that has a companion app or something, for ease of use.
>>
I believe the two most popular websites are vgcollect and backloggery.
>>
>>3568862
>backloggery
Thanks, I'll check them out. There is a decent app I used called My Game Collection but it is only available as a mobile app which is kind of shitty because I have tons of games and it takes forever to type on a phone for me.
>>
vgcollect works fine
>>
I use my own spreadsheet since I'm not retarded.
>>
>>3568924
Come on man, there isn't even a game to insult here. /vr/ doesn't need an edgelord in EVERY thread.
>>
AppleWorks
>>
>>3568953
dude what do you mean you don't use Notepad? What do you want? A user interface? Images? f ucking idiot
>>
I use RetroCollect, recommend it heavily for its ease of use and tracking elements.

www.retrocollect.com

Simple as
>>
>>3568858
I use Grouvee but idk how good it is for cataloging. I just use it to keep track of what I've played and keep notes for what I'm playing. helps a ton for RPGs to update your "status" with where you're at/what you were doing when you finish a session.
>>
>>3568862
>>3568904
I use vgtcollect but their mobile app is shit. If I'm not on wifi, the app crashes if I try and look at my collection and that sucks because that is the reason I wanted it in the first place.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161019-134423.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161019-134423.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
My Game Collection for Android. Its free, connects to several game databases, has wishlists, box art, search by system. Pretty much everything I need. Great to have when I'm out shopping and need to check my collection so I don't buy doubles(I've done that more than once).
>>
>>3568902
>but it is only available as a mobile app
FUCK
> a website that has a companion app

when you use "app" people assume you're talking about some android/ios faggotry

fuck you steve jobs, the tech vocabulary is rich, widget, util, client, prog, wares, plugin, extension, script, now its all "App"
>>
>vgcollect
>backloggery
>retrocollect
>Grouvee
>My Game Collection

what will you folks do when these websites go offline, or those app are removed from smartphone stores and you need to install it on a new phone... or even when you want to use it offline in a cabin in the woods?

a spreadsheet is quite future proof, and you can even script some advanced behaviour, but its just not as easy i guess to instantly consult the bucked list amd other things i guess...

sounds like someone needs to make this into a self contained javascript like that TiddlyWiki thing

with CVS import/export, fuck that, xlsx export its just XML after all

and even working in communication with a site or even existing sites to pull info from and save in itself

you could run this in any kind of computer/tablet/phone/pocketpc
>>
>>3568968
>fucking plebs arent using windows commands to catalogue their games
>>
>>3568968
You use notepad? Shouldn't you be playing Farmville loser?
>>
>3571482
>windows commands

Fucking disgusting. And I say that as a Windows user.
>>
>tfw people catalog not to keep track of what they've played and when they beat it
>people catalog to make sure they don't buy the same game twice

If you asked me off the top of my head I can tell you whether I own a game or not, and I have probably 1000. If you use a catalog just because you're a faggot hoarder you need to seriously consider killing yourself.
>>
How do you not know what you own?
Jesus.
>>
I use google sheets , seems to work fine for my needs , its primative but it works and keeps my games organized online
>>
File: IMG_0743.jpg (178KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
178KB, 680x544px
You all should really try the Game Collectorz program. Just pirate it and see how you like it - the customization is insane. I use it to keep track of all the games I've played, not games I 'own'.

Feels a lot more complete than Grouvee and the like.

Runner-up goes to 'Keep Track of my Games'.
>>
the fuck faggotry is this? you need assistance keeping track of whats right fucking in front of you? might wanna look into grade 4 math, not a tracking program
>>
I'm not a native speaker, so sorry for the dumb question - what are spread sheets? Are those the tables you make in Excel?
>>
>>3571820
got a link?
>>
>>3568902
The problem with that app is that it doesn't recognize different releases of the same game.
>>
>>3571432
I like the novelty of adding a game and automatically having tags
>>
>>3571669
>Not buying lots
>Not getting multiple games for cheap
>Asking mom to take you to the game store to pick up that game you've saved your allowance money on
wew
>>
>>3571940
Yes
>>
>>3571972
Are there some good templates? I once tried making my own but I never liked the layout, though I never used Excel-like programs much so I don't know how to make it sorted and looking good properly.
>>
>>3568858
I can say, i tried them all.
The problem is, that they ALL have very inconsistent databases of games. Either missing a lot, or duplicates everywhere, etc.
And change- or add-requests is a mess and takes months until one might get added.

That made me code an own one. Currently very "beta" and just using it for myself. Maybe i will create a public version out of it sometime...
>>
>>3572124
just dump the files to us via mediafire.com or something

we both know youll never get around to registering a github for it
>>
>>3571432
with backloggery i click view all games and save the page now and then as a backup.
its nice having my collection on a site that i can view wherever without having to sign in or care about a file.
>>
>>3570539
ads.... wtf man not even once. at least root your device and use AdAway.
>>
I prefer my excel spreadsheets since I already have one for taxes and one for my pirated movies/anime/cartoons.
>>
>>3572790
>and one for my pirated movies/anime/cartoons

why do you need a spreadshiiiet for what movies you downloaded and watched?

serious questiuon, im curious, perhaps im missing out
>>
>>3573031
tism
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.