[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vr, did you enjoy this game? Thoughts on what could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 256px-Freespace1box.jpg (19KB, 256x317px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Freespace1box.jpg
19KB, 256x317px
Alright /vr, did you enjoy this game? Thoughts on what could have been done differently or explained better?
>>
>>3568028
I think the controls could have used some simplifying.

There's so many commands and sctions that even with my joystick, I still wind up using half of the keyboard.
>>
>>3568037
This is definitely true. I use keyboard because I don't generally play flight sims, and I didn't use most of the keybinds, even after remapping them
>>
>>3568028

The idiot wing men. I swear every mission was me by myself after any initial engagement, and then flying back to the Galatea with 2% hull.

>>3568037

This too, to a certain extent. Way back when I played it, I had a Wingman Warrior (actually, I still have it somewhere), and I didn't care for the way it controlled with the Warrior, so I played with keyboard+mouse.

I should definitely give it a replay though. I have an Extreme 3D Pro that's just aching to get used.

There's very few things "wrong" with FreeSpace 1 or 2. Flies better than any of the Wing Commander games, and while it doesn't have the branching storyline, what storyline it does have keeps you interested and engaged.
>>
>>3568114
I never had any problem with the wingmen, as long as I called at least half a wing to fly with me I was fine
>>
Yeaaa this game was fucking lit
Tbh original descent is better but i def super like freespace too
Blowing up capital ships and all that pizazz
>>
>>3568119

It never mattered what commands I gave them. The damn bastards just died more often than not.

My hull being held together by wishes and chewing gum is due to my insistence on flying the Valkyrie over any other fighter.
>>
Played it for 5 minutes and said wtf is this. Never played it again. That's after playing descent 1, 2 and multiplayer on kali. D1/2 were my favorite computer games of all time. Freespace wasn't fun.
>>
>>3568134
That would do it. I generally used the ship the mission started with as default, the only one I changed was the bombing mission
>>
>>3568139

I just really like the Valkyrie. Its speed and maneuverability saved my butt so many times against Shivan Dragons. It's also one of the only fighters that's exceptionally good at chasing down torpedoes.
>>
File: 41tT1g1h4hL.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
41tT1g1h4hL.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>3568037
IMO the Microsoft Sidewinder 3d Pro was better. I had the one in the pic and the Sidewinder Force Feedback and I actually preferred the cheaper 3d Pro
>>
Does anyone here even use the translational controls?

I pretty much esclusively use just pitch/yaw/roll/throttle.

I have translation mapped to a hat switch, but I never seem to use it, unlike in Descent.
>>
Have you guys played the Battlestar Galactica: Shattered Armistice mod?

I thought it was pretty impressive, and the sounds are on point.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.