[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Code Veronica the last good Resident Evil? Or the first bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: claire cv.jpg (36KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
claire cv.jpg
36KB, 400x562px
Is Code Veronica the last good Resident Evil?

Or the first bad?

Is really the true third chapter?
>>
File: residen_terrivel.gif (1004KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
residen_terrivel.gif
1004KB, 500x301px
At that time RE:CV was a blast for me with it's real time graphics.

Nowadays, after all this time, I have to say: I miss pre-rendered graphics way way more. Resident Evil is an horror game that fits it like a glove.

Gif somewhat related.
>>
>>3567976
>Is Code Veronica the last good Resident Evil?
No, REmake is. RE0 was terrible and everything after 4 doesn't even count as "Resident Evil."

All the spinoffs are garbage too. Dead Aim, Outbreak, Umbrella Chronicles, etc.
>>
File: 1406807165706.jpg (16KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1406807165706.jpg
16KB, 231x244px
RE2 was the only "good" RE game
>>
>>3567976
To this day I still cant be bothered to play it for more than 15 mins, I get bored.
>>
>>3568168
I don't agree with you but it is the one I've replayed the most. Fucking lickers jumping through that hall window.
>>
>>3567976

It was the first bad one. The story got irreversibly shlocky and shitty and we lost the pre-rendered backgrounds. That being said, there were good RE games that came after it.
>>
>1
Not if you count REmake as it's own entry (which you should be). Though I found the Revelations games to be quite good too. Rev1 is 50% traditional survival horror gameplay (it's over the shoulder, but it still plays and flows like old RE) and the other half is your post RE4 action shooter.
>2
That would be Zero.
>3
It has more plot relevance than the real 3, but said plot is ludicrous. Also:
>giving a shit about RE mythos
>>
REmake > Raid Mode 1 > 3 > 4 > RE6 (Mercs) > 2 > REv2 > REv1 > 0 > 6 > Raid Mode 2 > Gaiden > 5
>>
>>3568732
>6 Campaign above anything
>le gaiden is bad meme
>>
>>3568745
I didn't say Gaiden was bad.
>>
>>3567976
It was a good game.
>>
>>3568534
This.

Although I did play it all the way through, unlike RE4. Which I played for maybe an hour before saying fuck this gay shit. I still don't get the hype. Shit game.
>>
>>3568534

>it was too hard for me so it's bad
>>
>>3568534
>implying 4 is better than CV

Fuck off underaged faggot
>>
>>3567976
CV is great

The story was always shitty, classic B horror movie plot, so who cares if it is a little bit cheesy.

As a game, is almost as good as 1-3.

4 and after are casual garbage
>>
>>3569368
>>3569380

no one said anything about the difficulty and there was no mention of RE4, you guys are retarded
>>
Code vero & resident evil zero were the last good resident evil games to me. They really started to suck and sell out hard with RE4.
>>
The 3D environments I just hate. I don't like the way this game looks at all.

It's the only RE in the casslic style (besides Outbrrak 1 and 2) with respawning enemies that's a shitload of fuck t. Jim Ralph.

Other than that it's got some redeeming qualities but it's not my favorite.
>>
>>3570282
>evolution=selling out

Fucking retard.
>>
I remember it being the sole reason I needed to buy a Gameshark at the time because I was stuck on the plane part and had no health at all and just kept getting killed after one hit.
>>
>>3570282
I don't think you even know what selling out means.
>>
>>3570282
RE0 had a shit story with a shit main villain, that despite not being a series known for story, still hurts the game and its atmosphere regardless.

The level layout barely looped like (so often) in REmake, even though it gave a little bit of freedom at the start, you had to go through the same branches and usually, you were done with them once you did them. Became linear after the church.

Speaking of the church, the setting was so damn retarded and try hard. The church had no place being in a research facility, as the observatory, given the nature of the research being conducted, as the needless decor for a sort of public building.
>>
>>3570396
This is where I am right now.
I'm not getting around to finishing this game any time soon.
>>
>>3567976
I did like it, yeah. But it does have the distinction of being the game that started to introduce bullshit into the series overall storyline. Bringing Wesker back with all those Matrix-abilities was a huge mistake from a storytelling perspective. I understand that he was popular, but the way his survival from the events of RE1 was explained opened up a giant fucking plot hole that Capcom then spent years trying to explain, only to fail at it badly. And every sequel past that point just had to run with it, which just dragged the series further down, finally culminating to the bullshit we saw in RE5.
>>
>>3570538

Isn't this the choke off point?

Basically if you got no weapons or health items to help you survive the cargo hold, this is where you're supposed to hit the reset button.

I dunno if people can hack it with a knife only but I imagine it would be really fucking difficult.
>>
>>3571040
>>3570396
This is why I always kept multiple saves through new RE games.
>>
>>3570396
>>3570538
I remember having a lot of trouble with this part. Might have had to restart.
>>
File: Claire looking around.jpg (113KB, 732x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Claire looking around.jpg
113KB, 732x1120px
It's a bit of a loaded question because yeah it did introduce a lot of the elements that lead to the downfall of the series but it's not really fair to blame CV for the later games taking it all in the wrong direction.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.