[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any retro videogame centered on the history of Buddhism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: es82ae.png (10KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
es82ae.png
10KB, 320x200px
Is there any retro videogame centered on the history of Buddhism or Hinduism? If so, which one do you recommend me?

Please help me. I come from /his/ and I have no idea about what's going on in this board.
>>
File: Skyblazer_(USA)-3.jpg (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Skyblazer_(USA)-3.jpg
149KB, 640x480px
SkyBlazer is based on hinduism
>>
>>3566165
OP here.

That one looks to me like some kind of Hindu crossover of Wrath of the Gods and Castlevania (?). Actually it is on the same line as what I'm looking for. So thanks, anon :)

Any other videogame that you all suggest will be rewarded with positive karma for your afterlife bros.
>>
im interested in this.
>>
File: 1475443241767.jpg (342KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1475443241767.jpg
342KB, 2000x1333px
>>3566181
I was gonna post some suggestions until you got all religious on me.
>>
Terranigma's philosophy is like Buddhism.
>>
File: tao the way.jpg (57KB, 425x298px) Image search: [Google]
tao the way.jpg
57KB, 425x298px
>>3566161
Tao: The Way for Famicon is a JRPG where you journey for enlightenment in a sci-fi-ish world.

Fortunately has been translated http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1603/
>>
File: CrurrYA.png (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CrurrYA.png
61KB, 800x600px
>>3566161
Cosmology of Kyoto for PC isn't about the history of Buddhism per se, but it's centered on Buddhist principles and Buddhist Japanese history (with the expected dose of shinto as well, of course).

Terranigma for SNES has Buddhist themes but it's not about it's history, it's more about all history. While its themes are Buddhist, there's some Jewish mysticism and lore in its world building rather than pure Buddhism, though. It's pretty cool.

Exile for PC Engine (XZR 2 in Japanese) is about a Syrian assassin teaming up with Hughes de Payne to find a holy grail of sorts which will unite all mankind under one religion; a significant portion of the game is spent in India and Japan. In the latter, the Holy grail object turns out to be a Buddhist mandala linked to a tantric Buddhist leader who you need to free and help. This is also a game that mixes a lot of religions and themes, but the Buddhist stretch may be of interest to you.
>>
File: 1_010.png (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1_010.png
73KB, 640x480px
>>3566737
was about to mention cosmology of kyoto, interesting stuff there.

also OP eastern mind and chu-teng is heavily influenced by buddhist philosophy, both of them are incredibly strange games too.
>>
File: Xi_You_Ji_1994_screenshot.gif (3MB, 350x220px) Image search: [Google]
Xi_You_Ji_1994_screenshot.gif
3MB, 350x220px
>>3566161
If Saiyuki counts, then I suppose there's this Korean DOS game which is a quite neat beat-em-up. for a DOS game, anyway.
>>
>>3566161
Yoga pants and vegan diet Buddhism?
Or
If you kill your enemies they win buddhism?
>>
>>3566787
That's a Taiwanese game.
>>
>>3566630
I was joking man. Pls dont take it too seriously anon.
>>
Ankoku Shinwa - Yamato Takeru Densetsu

Mixes japanese history(especially a particular tale from Kyuushuu), hinduism and buddhism.

Don't know it if has been translated.
>>
>>3566925
Wow, that one lookd really nice.
>>3566795
anyone bro
>>3566737
>>3566698
>>3566669
It doesnt matter if it has other religious influences as long as this thread doesnt turn to "every religion in retro video gaming history"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.