[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>planescape torment >fallout 1&2 >BG 1&2 >NWN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Keldorn.jpg (61KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Keldorn.jpg
61KB, 210x330px
>planescape torment
>fallout 1&2
>BG 1&2
>NWN
>Icewind dale series

are there any other must-play isometric crpgs?
>>
>>3565805
Literally in the isometric perspective? Or just angeled/top down in general?
>>
>>3565814
Games that are similar in style to in the OP. I'd even be willing to ditch the isometric/2d/over the top view if it had good DnD mechanics
>>
File: nuviefullscreen.jpg (76KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
nuviefullscreen.jpg
76KB, 640x400px
Would Ultima 4-7 count? 4 and 5 have flat tiles and 6 and 7 have oblique projection.
>>
>>3565825
I've never gotten around to the ultima games, which would you suggest I play first?
>>
>>3565828
Read about what happened in 1-3, play U4 and 5, optionally 6 since it's the weaker one, then 7. Then pretend there are no more Ultima games in the main series. Because they SUCKED.
>>
>>3565816
I guess I should have just paid more attention to what you listed anyway. NWN isn't isometric.

Most of the AD&D games by SSI are good. The goldbox ones are super ugly IBM PC graphics circa 1988, but are actually cool games. Pools of Radiance, etc. Not the 2001 remake.

Shattered Lands is the best of SSI's work, in my opinion. Lots of character options, plenty of things to do and replay value.

The Genie's Curse is a fun, if shallow, Zelda clone.

They also made a bunch of first person RPGs. Not my thing, really, but they aren't bad games, by any means.
>>
>>3565805
If over the top counts then the Exile games since Avernum and Geneforge came out in 2000. Also play Jagged Alliance 2
>>
>>3565828
It doesn't hurt to start with 1. It's so short and simple that you can complete it in a day.
Otherwise 3 as a more complex game.
4 is the start of the real continuity and shouldn't be skipped.
>>
>>3565825
8 is isometric
>>
>>3565840
Would you call 8 a must-play? It's practically a must-not-play.
>>
>>3565843
Worth playing for that intro sequence at least with the execution
>>
>>3565831
How does 5 compare to 6? I always thought that the plot looked cool.
>>
>>3565860
They have big technical differences.
5 was still developed for the Apple II and was similar to 4 with various improvements and additions.
6 was developed for IBM-VGA and therefore had a far more capable hardware to use. The world was completely overworked to a single scale. Items get more complicated with inventories and carrying capacity for every character, there were also far more items to get and use. Combat added the option to let the computer handle your party members according to various settings.

In general 5 is a well designed sequel to 4 while 6 was more revolutionary and tried to connect with all five previous games with a lot of liberties taken.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.