[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk old skool Dragon Quest. I've beaten I-V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Let's talk old skool Dragon Quest.

I've beaten I-V except for II. I'm thinking of emulating the SNES version, how long do you think it'll take?
>>
>>3562768
We already have a DQ thread, check the catalog before making a thread.

For II on snes beware of a nasty game breaking glitch. At one point in tbe game you meet another npc of the prince of cannock WHILE the prince is in your party. Dnot talk to him, your file will be corrupt. II takes around 15-20 hours, kinda short. Do be aware II is the most disliked of the series and for good reason, it'll take commitment. After that I reccomend playing VII, my personal favorite DQ. VI is okay but VII is a real classic, the 3ds version is recommended to in my opinion.
>>
Play the GBC version.
>>
>>3562904
>>3562907
Thanks I think I'll play the GBC version.

I actually have my physical copy of DW I&II somewhere but think I'll emulate.
>>
File: 1457395431831.jpg (132KB, 830x551px) Image search: [Google]
1457395431831.jpg
132KB, 830x551px
>>3562948
Personally I reccomend the snes version for the best music and graphics but the GBC one is fine as well. I've heard some site the IOS version as the best but I forget why. The V engine, which I+II used, is a bit ugly nowadays admittedly.
>>
>>3562904
That only applies to the fan translation. The real Super Famicom release plays fine.
>>
File: worldmap[1].gif (129KB, 760x634px) Image search: [Google]
worldmap[1].gif
129KB, 760x634px
>>3562768
Let's discuss I, because III-V has been discussed to dead. On the other hand, I,II,VI are usually ignored.

I'd argue that I was perfect as it was. The game was defined by:
- Hard dungeons (you need light and it cannot reveal all the map; one vs one combats are harder, you cannot heal and attack at the same time).
- Anticipation and good exploration, because you were required keys to access several parts of the game, but keys are not received until later in game (keys appear on each entry, but they are not as essential as in 1).
- Few spells but they actually are useful.
- Almost completely open world.
>>
>>3563654
Starwyverns are one of the most annoying enemies ever created in any rpg.
>>
>>3562768
About half an hour if you skip the grinding.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.