[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zalmo has an invisible status ailment which is treated in-game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 18-capture_13022011_112519.png (25KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
18-capture_13022011_112519.png
25KB, 512x480px
Zalmo has an invisible status ailment which is treated in-game as the "Boss" flag, every boss has this. This grants immunity to knockback.

Your memories of knocking Zalmo off the roof are false memories implanted by the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo!
>>
>>3559573
DAMN THE PAYTRIOTHUTS
>>
File: FFTSamuraiMale.png (205KB, 404x553px) Image search: [Google]
FFTSamuraiMale.png
205KB, 404x553px
I mostly remember one-shotting him.

>Conditions for Winning: Defeat Zalmo!
>*teleport*
>"psh, nothin' personnel... zalmo"
>999 damage
>>"oh, god... please punish the wicked."
>VICTORY
>>
>>3559778
same for me, cept with ignore height instead
>>
>>3559573
where is this from?
>>
>>3559801
Sa-Ga Battle Frontier
>>
>>3559778
Samurai aren't that good for that, though. The ideal use of Samurai is to unlock all abilities and then switch to a caster job.
>>
Fun fact but the dreaded Rafa mission has the Boss flag set on Rafa herself, which is why the Assassins never instantly kill her with Stop Bracelet
>>
>>3559815
Also, the best samurai are female or MC because of the higher magic stat.
>>
>>3559815
I just posted a picture of a Samurai for edge effect. Chances are it was Ramza as a base Squire with Two Swords.
>>
>>3559573

I think I remember TRYING this, but I was unsure if I had ever actually accomplished it.
>>
>>3559815
It's FFT, after a point, it doesn't matter what you use. When I first played, I used a two-hand Samurai which worked pretty good until knight swords showed up.
>>
>>3559926
>It's FFT, after a point, it doesn't matter what you use.

You mean if you grind. If you're trying to get through with few random battles, you want a good party composition. Samurai are by no means bad, but they're still far less than optimal at using their own skills, except maybe if having a tanky spellcaster is what you're really after. But in that case you could probably get a white mage with the ability to wear armor to do a better job. It doesn't make sense to invest in both physical attack power and spell power as a samurai, and if you're not going to use katana skills, there is no point in using a samurai since when all is said and done, their weapons aren't even that great.
>>
>>3559801
Tactics Ogre
>>
>>3559815
Ramza is my guts samurai, dual wield, move+3. MA can be pushed insanely high this way, mailing the drawouts insanely damaging, the self buff from guts is the icing on the cake. I'd elaborate but you probably no all this already and phone posting is suffering.
>>
>>3560496
>dual wield

That's not possible. Katanas are 2-handed, and you can't equip one-handed weapons without the corresponding ability, nor can how wield two of them without the dual-wield ability, which uses the same slot as weapon abilities. Are you lying? On the internet?
>>
>>3559818
if youre going to minmax you might as well do the delevel bug
>>
>>3560656
>if you're going to minmax you might as well cheat

???
>>
>>3559817
It's a shame that she's so fragile she gets instantly killed by everything else!
>>
>>3560603
Katana can be dual-wielded, it's Samurai that has innate dual-wield
>>
>>3560603
*innate two-hand, sorry
>>
File: zzzz.png (299KB, 845x621px) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.png
299KB, 845x621px
>>3560662
>playing the game
>cheating
>>
>>3559931
>if you grind
More like you can use at least half of your brain.

>white mage with the ability to wear armor
I see clearly that you are not able to use even half your brain.

Armor in FFT is fucking terrible. You get at best 5-30 extra HP which at end game isn't even an extra hit. The +1 speed, +1 PA, or immunities to various status effects greatly outweigh the HP gains.

Orlandu and Ramza are OP because their stats are insane, but also because they can equip Clothing as their best jobs. Agrias and Meliadoul can't, which is why they aren't nearly as good.

The ability to wear a Thief Hat is basically one of the best things you can have.
>>
>>3559573
tactics ogre was first and is a lot better
>>
>>3560857
>Archers: The Game
>good
>>
>>3560857
archers being so OP and gamebreaking in TO is why they had to suck in FFT
>>
File: LIGHTNING STAB.jpg (294KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LIGHTNING STAB.jpg
294KB, 600x600px
>>3559573
I didn't knock him off the roof. He was SMOTE BY MIGHTY ZEUS, as per Delita's request.
>>
>>3560672
>it's Samurai that has innate dual-wield
>>3560603
>Katanas are 2-handed
You guys played a bit too much FFT mods?
>>
File: LuCT_PSP_Evil_Vyce_Profile.png (67KB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
LuCT_PSP_Evil_Vyce_Profile.png
67KB, 221x200px
>>3560857
Let's Cling Together was decent, but I will never forgive it for not just letting me be evil.

>It's wrong to murder the town! Justice will prevail!
>I am Vyse and I am evil now! I hate you!
>I made the right choice, even if everyone thinks I'm an asshole anyway because I was framed.

>Fuck this town! Let the bodies hit the floor!
>I am Vyse and I am good now! FEEL GUILTY
>I do. I made the wrong choice, how will I ever redeem myself? Bawwww!

They hyped up that decision and to this day I still feel cheated. Hell, if it's going to be like that, just let me play as Vyse.
>>
>>3561339
I never understood why Matsuno didn't make 2 characters so you didn't have Vyse apparently just outside the door waiting for your decision so he can be a contrarian dick and have 1 join you in each path
>>
>>3559801
Final Degeneracy
>>
because assholes like vyse who literally just do the opposite of whatever you do out of jealousy/insecurity and act like it was what they were going to do from the start literally actually exist irl
>>
File: you had better be careful.jpg (37KB, 392x469px) Image search: [Google]
you had better be careful.jpg
37KB, 392x469px
>>3561382
no they dont
>>
>>3561392
they sure as fuck do and if you think they don't that's probably because at some point you were one
>>
>>3561435
i was fucking with you anon
>>
>>3560857
lol ogrefags
>>
I seem to remember steamrolling over half the game with Monk Ramza and 4 Red Chocobos, my solution to problems was just literally hitting everything with Choco Meteor until it died. After Chapter 2, I don't think Ramza got to do much more than punch Wiegraf to death.
>>
>>3561448
My first gut reaction was to laugh because you were satirically pretending to be one of those people but the reaction image threw me off so I just poured on the salt.
>>
>>3561473

Red Chocobos are insanely OP.
>>
>>3561545
Never tried them in random battles after certain part of the game Limberry Castle
But using tiamats and a mediator with the stone gun and teleport seemed equally broken late in the game.
>>
>>3561568
Most broken combo in the game is anything with 10 speed and math skill.
>>
>>3561338
The first guy corrected his typo, fuckwit.
>>
>>3561573
Nah, any given guy with Escutcheon II, Chameleon Robes and Abandon beats your Calculator.
>>
>>3561641
Name an enemy in the game that has those things.
>>
The game was so easy I used only wacky classes to paralyze, chicken, mute, freeze and rob every enemy blind.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.