[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on these early NES games? (1985-1987)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: NES.jpg (2MB, 3383x4000px) Image search: [Google]
NES.jpg
2MB, 3383x4000px
What are your thoughts on these early NES games? (1985-1987)

Super Mario Bros. was a classic and I do enjoy playing it to this day, despite it being super simple.

Duck Hunt was a fun game, but I hated the dog.

The Legend of Zelda was a game that I never played until last year. I enjoyed playing it and I do think it's a classic. Another thing I liked about the game was the boss battles, they were fun.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out is my all time favorite NES game. I have beaten Tyson multiple times and I never get tired of it. I thought the graphics for the characters were amazing for the time, the music was catchy, and it is very addicting.

I enjoyed Metroid and it's the only game in the series I have beaten.

I liked Excitebike, mostly because you can design your own tracks. It's sad that you can't save it though.

Castlevania was a challenging game and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere in the game was so cool!

I did not like Top Gun. I thought it was boring and I could never land the plane.

I hated The Karate Kid. It was frustrating, boring, and it's made by LJN. It also has a crappy ending.

Overall, I am mixed on the early NES games. There are some I really like and there are some that I am bored with.
>>
Why these nine in in particular, OP? It's an odd assortment - 7 of them which are hailed classics, and two crappy movie tie-ins.
>>
>>3558830

I wanted to mix the good and bad together
>>
>>3558813
You need to include 83 and 84 to get the actual early stuff.
>>
>>3558813
Nice AVGN memes there.
>>
>>3558902

That's the reason I know those two games
>>
File: inafunez.png (9KB, 52x64px) Image search: [Google]
inafunez.png
9KB, 52x64px
>>3558813
Normie shit. The sprites don't have outlines and the games are mediocre. Overrated because they were the most popular and people have nostalgia for them. Gimmick and Recca are better.
>>
File: Layla (J).png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Layla (J).png
4KB, 256x240px
>>3558813
Very experimental stuff, similar to early PS1 stuff from 1994~1996.

I really like Layla, a fairly obscure Famicom game from '86, but I'm not too keen on most early NES/Famicom games outside the classics, like SMB1.
>>
File: img.jpg (23KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
23KB, 340x500px
>>3558813

>SMB

I actually played this one after SMB3. I liked it but it seemed weird at first. Mario's sprite looked like he was some sort of suspicious guy instead of the friendly chubby guy from SMB3. I also thought it was really hard, I couldn't beat it as a kid, Lakitu fucked my shit up. Nowadays I love it, really good platforming game.

>Duck Hunt

My first contact with it was on a multicart, but I didn't have the Zapper. I was confused as the dog laughed at me. Finally when I got the zapper I could properly play it. It's a good light gun game, very simple and arcadey.

>Zelda

Really good game, don't really have anything to say about it that haven't been said already. Great dungeon design and great music. The beginning of a legend.

>Punch-Out

The big sprites wowed kid me. Never beat it, but played it a lot.

>Metroid

idem Zelda.

>Excitebike

Great physics and being able to make your own courses add a lot of replayability. A true classic, I guess.

>Castlevania

One of my favorite games ever.

>Top Gun, Karate Kid

never played.
>>
>>3558813
>and it's made by LJN

it was made by Atlus. LJN didn't make video games.
>>
>>3558913
>avgn babbys
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.