[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never understood the love for this game. I've heard many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (257KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257KB, 1280x720px
I never understood the love for this game. I've heard many people call this game the best shmup on the PCE/TG16. How good it is and so on.

The first time I tried the game was about a decade ago. Gave it a couple more tries over the years. Gave it another try just right now. And the game is as stale and boring as always.

This game has way too many dead spaces (areas where there's no action of any kind). The music is repetitive. The background scrolling effect is nauseous.

This game is a 7/10 at best. This game is nowhere near the best SHMUP on the system.

That title belongs to Soldier Blade and Air Zonk (tied for the best).

I think the reason why people love this game so much is because of nostalgia, considering that this game was one of the more popular and early releases on the system. One of those games that everyone played, just like everyone with a Duo owned and played Ys 1 & 2, so obviously love that game.
>>
It was just impressive for the time, but it's not the best on the system. It came out fairly early in the console's life.
>>
The game doesn't really get good till zone 4 the first 3 areas are kind of a snooze. Maybe play on a difficulty that isn't dog mode (the games default) try god mode
>>
are there retro shmups that don't have pickups that feel like punishment? with this game and others i have a gay old time until i run into a shitty shot type, die, then die more because my power's gone. i realize that it's mostly because i need to git gud but it would be nice to play something without that kind of thing happening.
>>
>>3555452
if you get weapon 1 and homing missiles you get double the missiles. If you get the 4 weapon and the full fire powerup its pretty god damn beastly. I know having the shield is a nice crutch but if you grab a 1 or a 4 try to get one of those powerups. If you suck with weapons 2 or 3 then you should quit playing.
>>
This game has absolutely nothing to do with the movie it's based on, how the hell did they watch gunhed and come up with THIS?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.