[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pic related the best Famicom-sized flash cart or are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: everdrive-n8-famicom.jpg (41KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive-n8-famicom.jpg
41KB, 458x458px
Is pic related the best Famicom-sized flash cart or are there better options?
>>
yeah. if there's an everdrive for something, it's the best cart, except for the super nintendo.

beware of salty /vr/ posters who don't like krikzz because of his prices.
>>
I've been looking at this one myself OP. The main problem I've heard about it is that certain expansion audio games (FDS games and the various cartridge games that used expansion audio) don't have the full audio when played on this cart. For me that's the reason I'd even buy a famicom flash cart over a normal one, so I dunno about it myself.

If anyone can point out that I'm wrong or can name an alternative I'd be happy to know about it.

I also know about the FDSStick, basically a fancy USB drive that emulates a Famicom Disk System. It's literally like having an FDS, just a tiny stick instead of a finnicky drive, and you can easily fit the entire FDS library on one. You hook it up to the RAM cart and away you go.

So if you had that plus an EDN8, then you'd have everything working normally except for expansion audio carts. If you're happy with paying the price to play Akumajou Densetsu, Lagrange Point, etc. with their original audio, then I'd say buy the cart, cuz it seems an EDN8 won't do the job unfortunately.
>>
>>3550231
The EverdriveN8 can play FDS games though.
>>
>>3550229
>>3550231
>>3550251
Just take a clone Everdrive.
>>
>>3550219
Beware of Krikzz shills. He pays people all over the Internet to advertise his products. Make sure you buy a Chinese clone for half the price, they're better quality and function identically
>>
>>3550251
It fucking sucks at it though. The audio isn't even close. The FDS Stick and a chinese N8 are the perfect solution for FC gaming
>>
>>3550289
where can I get a chinese N8? They seem to have disappeared from Ali sometime over the summer.
>>
>>3550229
Powerpak > Everdrive

NSF playback is a selling point.
>>
>>3550285
So THAT is why his prices are high.
>>
>>3550285
Thank you Mr. Shill 1 for warning us about Mr. Shill 2!
I will definitely buy your shill products instead of shill 2's product now!
>>
>>3550219
Either or works, i stick by krikkzz because i rather not have it break on me because of poor quality and not take the risk.

Upto you OP, i say either is better wasting money.
>>
Sorry if a bit unrelated but I have a question. Recently I was thinking of getting a nes flash cart but I remembered that new nes clone nintendo themeself are sellimg, is it known if one would be able to play roms through that?
>>
>>3551282
The new nes offered by nintendo comes with 30 games and has been confirmed by them to not be capable of further expansion. You might want to wait until reviews of the thing come out, it could have some of the same problems that the Wii U virtual console has. It might be hacked eventually to allow arbitrary rom loading, but I don't see it happening right away. Also consider your display, do you want analog or digital video? If you have more to spend, it might be worth looking at the new AVS instead. Keep in mind NES mini is just an emulator box.
>>
>>3550231
Its terrible for FDS games right now, the audio is worthless. Pick up a ram adapter and an fdsstick.
>>
>>3550219
I have one
plays my mega memes

no complaints
>>
>>3550231
Japanese Castlevania 3 certainly sounds different than the us one on my Famicom n8 but I don't have the original game so I don't know if it sounds exactly right
>>
>>3550293
Would love to know myself
>>
>>3551776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh-vkpjyMTw
If youtube audio is good enough to tell,here ya go.
You could also grab the .nsf files and play them through a pc
>>
>>3550293
>>3551849
Find a seller that used to sell them, and message them directly. They still have thousands of them, and they are more than happy to sell them to you. They'll usually have you buy a 'Custom Game Card' and discuss details with you via email. JACK DIY STORE is honest and reliable.
>>
>>3551902
any idea on what they'd expect for a price before I do that? I might just go with a 150 in 1 for 12 bucks and call it a day, but then again the N8 can't be had from a krikzz distributor for less than $100.
>>
>>3551776
The VRC sound emulation for Akumajou Densetsu is pretty decent, but it's noticeably different from a real cart. It's very much listenable; unlike the FDS audio.
>>
>>3551905
I paid ~$75 for my Chinese N8. It shipped with the newest firmware as well, which I wasn't expecting. Honestly that 150-in-1 is a fucking rad multicart; it's got Recca and Mighty Final Fight, all the Rockmans, etc. For $6 it's worth buying regardless.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.