[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which retro games implemented good aiming systems without the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Zelda-Level-1-Bow[1].png (2KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda-Level-1-Bow[1].png
2KB, 256x224px
Which retro games implemented good aiming systems without the need of a mouse/joystick/stick? bonus point for 3D games.
>>
Eternal Darkness
>>
File: smash_tv.cover_.front_.jpg (137KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
smash_tv.cover_.front_.jpg
137KB, 400x550px
Mother-fucking double fisted action
>>
True Lies would let you sweep your aim with the Uzi and flamethrower, which did require you to first start shooting, but it would let you shoot at more angles than the pistol (and much greater range than the shotgun).
>>
>>3548621

The Guardian Legend

https://youtu.be/_TvbbJg8CS8

Obviously the normal cannon doesn't have any aim while flying, but take a look at the map levels and the special weapons.
>>
I really like the aiming system of Gungage on PS1.
>>
Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>3548919
Came here to post this.
>>
>>3548919
>>3548920

mmm i'm watching a video, how does it actually work? Does yoshi keep moving while you aim?
>>
>>3548621
Playing Legend of Zelda for the first time ever; the bow and arrow is in the first dungeon? Fuck.
>>
>>3548926
Yeah though I believe there's a way to keep yourself from moving so you can aim manually, and if you press the R button you can lock your crosshair in place.

>>3548934
Isn't it usually an early game item? Even so, you only get the bow. You have to buy the arrows separately, and each arrow takes one of your rupees, so best to conserve until you're fully upgraded and won't need much potion.
>>
>>3548950
>painstakingly progressing without any guide or FAQ
>bought the arrow long ago in anticipation of getting the bow
>oh, I guess peahats are the ones that you need a bow and arrow to kill
>read manual, find this to be false
>now on dungeon 6 and still no bow
>it was in 1 the whole fucking time
Tfw
>>
>>3548919
>Yoshi's Island
>good aiming system
I've always hated the shit out of it and the game itself. So awful.
>>
>>3548991
gotta love Zelda 1, just reading this makes me want to play it again
>>
>>3548991
I'm about 2/3rds through, there's quite a few things so far in the guide that I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to figure out on my own.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/a-link-to-the-past-walkthrough/zeldas-rescue/
>>
File: thatsnice.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
thatsnice.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>3549915
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.