[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked up a CRT monitor from work they were going to throw away.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: crt.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crt.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
Picked up a CRT monitor from work they were going to throw away.

What systems now look and play better?
>>
A dreamcast?
>>
It looks like you should probably worry about the ostrich in your room first
>>
>>3548471
dreamcast and emulation
>>
>>3548471
DOS/Win9x games.
>>
everything with even a dvdo iscan plus v2 or iscan hd to line double.
>>
>>3548481
Dude, learn your birds

It's obviously a flamingo
>>
>>3548471
>31khz pc monitor
Ya blew it.
>>
>>3548481
>>3548951
>birds

That's obviously ET's retarded inbred cousin that OP let out of his closet. Put that shit back in there op.
>>
>>3548775
Like this guy says, you need a line doubler if you want most console games to look proper. Most (relatively) newer pc monitors are 30khz and up where older consoles are 15khz. Also this
>>3548747
>>
>>3548471
Can I just ask: Where do you work that they are JUST NOW getting rid of CRT monitors? Even the antique store I used to work at had LCDs by 2008
>>
This looks like an IBM P275 (or one of its smaller relatives), which is one of the best CRTs around. It works well enough for emulation but it's best used for PC gaming, both old and new.

It's seriously a really great display, even by modern standards.
>>
>>3549275
Any large company's IT department will probably still have a few CRT monitors stuffed in a server room or a storage closet along with several other 20+ year old PC parts and peripherals

Failing that, you can still find Windows 98 boxes stuffed in a closet and being used to do the accounting at some local nonprofits, some doctor's offices even still rely on Windows 3.1 for keeping patient records
>>
>>3549389
I guess I can dig that. The place I work still has to use some old ass computers because the presses we run use floppy discs, but those screens are straight orange monochrome
>>
>>3548476
>>3548747
>>3549294
If you've got VGA and DVI-A ports, this would leave it's connectors filled up.

Emulation is another option, but that packs in very casually if you have a win98-xp dual boot machine with remotely new hardware. If you have an older system actually running dos, or something with a 3dfx card - something optimized/dedicated for retro-PC games, that's a bit different; same thing with an 86duinno when that gets ironed out!

Or course, it would be possible to have all three with a switchbox, I happened to scoop up a 2 port one for $10. The same thing would be possible with a monitor made with VGA, DVI-A and BNC connectors ... BUT, do any such splendors exist??!??!??
>>
>>3549595
All but the newest cards have DVI-I and with the newest generation it is possible, albeit not optimal, to use a converter with either (mini) DP or HDMI.

I currently have two of these in use at home.
>>
>>3550365
Well, yes, cards have DVI-I/DVI-A support, but then CRTs with VGA and DVI-A are modestly special - like ones with VGA and BNC, and hell, there's even some with just two VGA ports - those all have the same advantage for /vr/ use. I think I might have also seen one with a VGA and a Sparc connector.

Now, a CRT with *three* input plugs would be exceptional. My bias would be to expect some to be out there with 2 VGA and a BNC connector, or including Sparc.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.