[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Old Lego games pic related is my favorite and also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: lego island 2.jpg (69KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
lego island 2.jpg
69KB, 421x500px
ITT: Old Lego games
pic related is my favorite and also one of my first games
>>
I really like Lego Stunt Rally
>>
It sucks there never was a true LEGO Jump'n'Run game, all we got these days are pay-to-play MMORPGs and mediocre LSW games for several licenses.

>>3542258
Only had the GBC version which I liked a lot because of the track builder.
But the console versions seem to be inferior to Lego Racers, even though both are kind of different games (one being a party racer, the other more about... stunts??).
LR had more variety, though, and was lots of fun. Could you even build your own car or racer in LSR?

Alpha-Team was an interesting game, but it really did not interest me as a child because it was just a fucking puzzle game.
I also had the Legoland Park Builder, I wonder if it still holds up nowadays.
I know that the LEGO Creator series is basically awful, especially nowadays as you can't really do much with it, so you might as well play Minecraft.

What was up with that Train game, how did one even play it?
>>
I don't think lego island 2 is retro. It's also bad.

The first lego island on the other hand...
>>
>>3542203
I used to love lego rock raiders. It was my first RTS.
>>
>>3542398
It was on PS1 and GBC.
>>
>>3542387
Do you mean Lego Loco?
It was more of city sim where you could connect towns through trains, it was okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (409KB, 1280x728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409KB, 1280x728px
Lego Island was and still is my all time favorite Lego game. Rock Raiders being a close second.

I never actually owned the game, my grandmother somehow burning it onto a cd. She burned about 90% of my childhood PC games, including the Fisher Price games and Freddy Fish. Unfortunately with Lego Island for whatever reason, the game always crashed as soon as you let the Brickster escape and it would skip to the credits, and then shut the game down. I never even knew there was anything after that and just figured it was a "bad ending".

Regardless, there was just something about roaming around and interacting with the islanders while just doing oddball tasks at your leisure that I loved so much. There was no time limit, no missions, no real objectives. It was like whenever I just wanted to hang out with old friends I booted up that game.

It still kinda stings that Lego has totally forgotten about these characters and they'll never be brought back in any modern games or sets.
>>
I had Lego Island and later a Lego construction game on PC that was in 3D (I forget the title), it let you define motion for certain objects so I used it to create catapults that would rain dynamite on the Lego houses I built

How was Lego Loco? I only tried it briefly at a cousin's house but I recall it being at least decent for a basic city builder
>>
>>3542460
You're either referring to Lego Creator or Lego Construction Knights Kingdom.
>>
>>3542203
Man i just installed it for my pc. I had the original for ps1 and at the time I didn't have a memory card so I had to start a new game every time. But even when I got a card, it took me FOR EVER to beat it, especially the jousting part. This time around I beat it in around 3 hours lol. Classic game, although a lot shorter than I remembered.
>>
>>3542423
This game aged amazingly well actually. That really was a great title.
>>
Rock Raiders is the best LEGO game, I still occasionally play it.
>>
>>3542203
Where can one download this? I have the cd but it doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>3542423
Best Lego game imo. A good cult community for it too.
>>
>>3542630
What OS anon? I've been trying on Win 7 with no luck
>>
>>3543076
Last time I played was on 7. I would say check out rock raiders united for help, but it seems to be down.
>>
>>3542203
I played the hell out of this.
Sadly I didn´t had memory pak back then, so I never pass beyond the third stage. that levels were hard and creepy enought to my 7 year old me to make me never beat the game,
Fucking Basil the Bat
>>
File: lego-racers-n64.jpg (130KB, 1006x700px) Image search: [Google]
lego-racers-n64.jpg
130KB, 1006x700px
>>3543290
forgot pic
>>
>>3543293
yo lego racers was great
>>
>>3542203
Are you me ? I finished it at least ten times and I still like it today, even if I can understand why people who played the original Lego Island hate it.
>>
>>3543293
Never had Kart as a kid, so this was my go-to racing game. I still enjoy it at least as much as the newest Mario Kart stuff, nothing feels as great as getting three white bricks and a green one then warping from the back of the pack to the finish line.
>>
>>3543348
I played the shit out of it but I've only beaten it twice, I never knew you could actually do stuff and leave the island. I spent all my time running around and messing with people and seeing how long I could avoid the stationmaster after I walked on the tracks.
>>
>>3543293
Had it on pc. Want the cart. How is the n64 version
>>
>>3542423
Hard rock!
Hard rock!
Dirt!
Dirt!
Hard rock!
>>
>>3543293
SCOOTER!!!

SCOOT SCOOT SCOOT SCOOT
>>
>lego island
The cave nearly drove 7 year old me to madness trying to figure out what it was, didn't have internet or friends
>>
File: pepper roni.jpg (180KB, 696x774px) Image search: [Google]
pepper roni.jpg
180KB, 696x774px
>no jp fanart except for this
>>
>>3543501
I don´t know anything about the pc version pal, so I will compare with Mario Kart 64 hoping you played it
the game was fantastic. the graphics were absurdly great for the time (cars are full 3D, not sprites like MK64)
the editor was great and you could test your creations in a couple of practice tracks.
talking about tracks, they were fucking amazing and had a lot of stuff happen on the screen, they look alive. playing MK after this was hard, most tracks looked dead (I still love it)
each world were pretty differentiated between the others, having 4 tracks with simmilar themes (this feels more cohesive than MK cups, IMO)
try to play it anon, you will love it!
>>
>>3543351
same to me anon, it was my childhood karting game. Years later I ended up with a copy of MK64 and I had a crush on that game, but objectivily speaking I still see Lego Racers as a superior game in most of the aspects (I still love both games to dead)
I wonder why anyone copied the white bricks. Having evolving items is fun as fuck and also a pretty tactical thing, specially with yellow and red items.
I played LittleBigPlanet Karting and a bunch of MK´s but never saw that replicated. Why?
Do you know any example?
>>
>>3545047
>>3545068
good taste
>>
>>3543293
>>3543501
That fucking feel when you can open up the coverbox to reveal a two-sided cover with all the racers.

>>3545047
Every track was basically its own world, moreso than Mario Kart. And while MK sometimes created tracks without basing it on anything, you always had a sense of connection or nostalgia towards the race tracks because they were all based on LEGO Themes.

Speaking of which, I think Lego Racers 2 was similiar to it, even had an open world for some reason. How was that game?

>>3545068
Diddy Kong Racing.
>>
File: king.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>3546017
thanks pal!
>>
>>3546253
>Diddy Kong Racing.
never played it! it´s amazing it seeing those mechanics replicated, you made me wanna try DKR now.
Any modern game with that kind of stuff?
>>
>>3544356
Rego
>>
Just found a Lego island CD Rom at goodwill for 2 dollars
Not sure if the ps1 version is better or not
>>
File: lego island jp.jpg (34KB, 274x384px) Image search: [Google]
lego island jp.jpg
34KB, 274x384px
>>3546305
REGO AIRANDO NO DAIBOUKEN
>>
>>3546264
Diddy Kong Racing DS
>>
>>3547151

Never mention that piece of trash ever again
>>
>>3547218
Diddy Kong Racing DS
>>
>>3547489
absolute madman
>>
File: 1284742209590.jpg (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1284742209590.jpg
151KB, 500x376px
>>3542203
THE BRICKSTER'S LOOSE
>>
I remember buying a retail version of >>3542203
somewhere in Vienna, Austria, because it wasn't being shipped to my country. Little did I know it had German language only.

> LEGO INSEL ZWEI

but it was fun, relaxing, and simple for the little german-illiterate me back then.
>>
>>3543039
pls respond
>>
File: LOMN.png (156KB, 273x389px) Image search: [Google]
LOMN.png
156KB, 273x389px
>>
>>3548667
anywhere idiot
>>
>>3548790
That game was canceled though. There's a few alpha demo versions floating around, but no one that has one ever released it online.
>>
>>3542423
Rock raiders more like cock raiders, am I right?
>>
>>3542423
good game but could have been way better if more time was spent developing it

>glitchy as fuck
>laser cutters and hover scout are absolutely useless
>>
The part where you have to fly the helicopter and shoot pizza at the Brickster and donuts at the cops pisses me the fuck off
>no way to aim other than steering
>only so many pizzas or donuts can be on the map at once, if you aim wrong you're fucked
>cops just ride around randomly and never chase the Brickster
>>
>>3546884
AH BLIXSTER SAN, YOU DISHONOR FAMIREE WIF YOUR FEEVERY!
>>
>>3542203
Is there any way to speed up the loading in this game? 15 years later and that dumb spinning pizza is there for at least 3 minutes.
>>
>>3550514
Yep.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Lego_Island_2:_The_Brickster%27s_Revenge#Long_load_times
For some reason on new computers, the game only loads like, a few kilobytes of data per frame on loading screens. Someone found a way to cancel the wait time so they load immediately.
>>
>>3551024
I love you
>>
File: Wiki_Welcome.png (133KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki_Welcome.png
133KB, 625x469px
I remember crashing my parents computer with the lego creator program and the going back to playing Lego Island 2 a lot. I pretty much lived off of Humongous Entertainment and Lego games during the day and played my stepdad's copy of fallout at night when everyone else went to bed.
>>
>>3547536
I had a good laugh at this post.

Good thread OP.
LEGO island, Rock Raiders, and racing were all great games from my childhood.
>>
>>3551024
not him, but is there a no cd patch anywhere? my google-fu is weak
>>
>>3542452
One of these days I will buy the dick and emulate the fuck out of it.
>>
>>3551167
>dick
I fucked up.
>>
File: nocdassembly.png (17KB, 335x650px) Image search: [Google]
nocdassembly.png
17KB, 335x650px
>>3551123
Someone on Lego Rock Raiders United posted a hex edit hack for that. But it was taken down because the site considers it as a form of piracy.

He made it with the information found here:
https://github.com/Iran/LegoIsland2Patches/blob/master/README.md

I have no idea how to translate that into a hack. If someone here knows how please share your knowledge.
>>
>>3551497
thanks meng
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.