[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am about to start playing through the pic related series, before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: GNG.jpg (169KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
GNG.jpg
169KB, 640x876px
I am about to start playing through the pic related series, before I start I wanted to ask what the best version of Ghosts and Goblins is?
>>
>>3541732
The arcade game, by far
>>
>>3541736

Any idea how hard the arcade version would be to emulate?
>>
>>3541740
not hard at all, just get mameuifx.
>>3541736
arcade is the best one, but a purist like me would play nes first, becouse you gonna credit feed like mad.
>>
All of the console versions are great. The Genesis was my favorite. The SNES had a lot of slowdown at points.

I haven't played the arcade versions.
>>
>>3541732

Amstrad CPC is definitive version mate
>>
>>3542056
>All of the console versions are great.
>I haven't played the arcade versions.
I'm not surprised, console ports that are worth playing are usually very different from the arcade, and"accurate" ports are only good as a tutorial before 1cc'ing the game.
>>
>>3541732
Arcade is the best, if you can emulate it

NES is #2
>>
Ghost n Goblins: Arcade
Ghouls n Ghost: both Arcade and Genesis are worth a shot imo
SGnG: I played the SNES version but I think the Capcom collection one (PSP, PS2) has no frame rate issues

Then play Goku Makaimura Kai instead of Ultimate even if not retro for the most loyal sequel to the classics
>>
There are a few different arcade versions. See the link below for a comparison.

http://insertcoyne.com/ghostsngoblins/versions.html
>>
Ghosts N Goblins: Arcade. The home ports on the C64, NES, CPC etc. are all horrible and not worth playing.
Ghouls N Ghosts: Arcade. The Mega Drive port is alright, the Master System port is a bit different and worth a play for that, but the other ports are rubbish. Just go with the arcade original and maybe play the Master System version.
Super Ghouls N Ghosts. Play the Capcom Generations one on Playstation X and Saturn. The SNES original is horrendous. It is plagued by slowdown and is nearly unplayable. It is the weakest game in the series and, even without the slowdown, is sluggish at best,

I'd suggest you buy Capcom Generations 2 on the Saturn. That will give you the best versions of all the games.
>>
Don't forget about the Wonderswan game, it's not bad and has some interesting levels like where you descend a cave by a rope and have to rotate the handheld and play it from the "TATE" orientation. I'd rank it above the SNES game but below the two arcade games tbqh.
>>
File: retrogamer-x68000-daimakaimura.png (18KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
retrogamer-x68000-daimakaimura.png
18KB, 500x366px
NES is very good for a console but the definitive version is SharpX86000 that beast fuck everything in arcade perfect port, looks awesome and the control with a pad its perfect
>>
>>3541732
arcade versions of the first two

>>3541740
easy as fuck just get MAME dude
>>
>>3541732
Arcade version should be available for the Capcom Arcade Cabinet downloadable title on newer consoles
>>
The NES version is the only one I've ever played. I enjoy it quite a bit for its challenge but it has some serious flaws that a lot of people around here say the arcade version doesn't have.
>>
>>3542162

>C64 port
>awful

the remake is really impressive, not awful at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfS5NUohtM
>>
>>3541732
>>3541759
Arcade, just use mame it's fucking immensely easy, if not you could always pirate the Wii VC .wad file.
>>
>>3542136
>Goku Makaimura Kai
I was unaware that that even existed, thanks for the heads up.
I have regular Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins on vita and it's not that great...
>>
>>3542092
Did you think that somebody asked you a question? Nobody gives a shit if you like arcade games better. His question was, 'which games are good.'
>>
>>3542493
x2 - excellent job.
>>
>>3543268
op said
>best version
>>
>>3541732
Arcade Edition on c64 (not the original) is the best port. NES is the worst. It was so bad that even Capcom noticed and put a stop to handing off their ports to shitty third parties.
>>
File: 1475549083176_1.jpg (27KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
1475549083176_1.jpg
27KB, 386x386px
>>3542162
The SuperGrafx Dai Makaimura port is pretty bloody good m8
>>
Wonderswan version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvnCu9Sk40
>>
>>3542309

you're comparing a Ghosts n Goblins port to a Ghouls n Ghosts port.
>>
>>3542317
>tfw MAME doesn't work on my PC

Any ideas? All I get when I start it is a black screen.
>>
>>3548578
What version are you using? What ROMs did you get? How do you have it configured? If you get a frontend for it and have a good modern ROMset for it, it should just fucking work.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.