[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on Diablo 1&2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: Putriddefiler.gif (32KB, 95x158px) Image search: [Google]
Putriddefiler.gif
32KB, 95x158px
Your opinion on Diablo 1&2
>>
File: 1453327051481.jpg (47KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
1453327051481.jpg
47KB, 992x744px
Diablo 1
>>
File: 1455673549119.png (600KB, 1033x765px) Image search: [Google]
1455673549119.png
600KB, 1033x765px
Diablo 2
>>
Torchlight is better.
>>
>>3533897
>>3533902
>liking Diablo 1 more than 2
Cunt.
>>
>>3533914
It is better, in D2 you need to grind a lot to beat the game on maximum difficulty and by that i mean hell on players 8. When grinding starts the game become boring in D1 you can progress smoothly most of the time.
>>
>>3533914
>getting angry over what is still a positive review.
>>
>>3533912
torchlight (both 1 and 2) has nowhere near as much content, balance or build variation.
>>
>>3533947
Fair point, but the actual gameplay is still better.
>>
File: heros.jpg (25KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
heros.jpg
25KB, 640x430px
Both great games, but Diablo 2 fixes a lot of things that annoyed me with Diablo. Like running, several tiers of belt space, money not taking up precious inventory space, several classes to choose from (instead of 3), Tomes of town portal and identify, and fully fleshed out individual spell trees.

I like Diablo, I love Diablo 2.
>>
>Diablo 2 generals still posted despite being against board rules
>>
>>3534079
Technically, all PC games are retro because the platform was released on or before 1999. :^)
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>3534079
Oh no! we're talking about something that's abrely one year off the cutt off!

Oh gee, oh gosh, I sure hope the mods don't see this
>>
>>3534075
This solves a inventory problem for D1 and more http://khanduras.net/2013/05/hack-torch-for-diablo-v1-09/ it's called a hack but its more of a useful quality of life mod
>>
boring
>>
Diablo 1 is an atmospheric dungeon crawler.
>>
I remember playing 1 as a kid when 2 was out and not knowing what the fuck I was doing and chatting with people online and trading haxxor Armour like something of the whale shit. The music and voice acting still sticks with me evn though I never really got into the game I think I only ever got past the Butcher

>WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
>>
>>3534269
> The music and voice acting still sticks with me
dat Tristram theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8
>>
Hmmm...
No Sir, I don't like it.
>>
>>3533819

I preferred Diablo to the sequel. Diablo II was a good game that I put a ton of hours into, but I felt it was too busy compared to the simplicity of the original, and someow it was even more of a grind.
>>
>>3533819
Had more fun with Baldur's Gate. I really hate click spamming.
>>
>>3533819
I could tell you if you would

stay awhile, and listen
>>
>>3534030
atmosphere in d2 is also incredible the gothic artstyle and magnificent soundtrack
>>
>>3533819
Haven't played any of them in almost thirteen years but I clearly remembered loving Diablo 1 a lot more than 2 mainly because I disliked the stamina system and change in artstyle. Granted I still thought Diablo 2 was fantastic just played 1 a hell of a lot more than 2 online even if I had to deal with cheating cunts on a regular basis.
>>
>>3533897
>>3533902
Swap the pictures, and it's gonna be the truth.
>>
if I had to go play Diablo right now it would be the first one.
I hate 2, the grind, and the infinite number of equally shitty clones it spawned. Literally carrot-on-the-stick for retarded children.
>>
Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 are literally different beasts and are largely incomparable with each other.

Having said that, 3 sucks balls.
>>
>>3533912
Torchlight? You mean that game that finishes itself? You can't feel the failure until you switch to hardcore mode. I've fiished the first one and bought the second. At first I was like 'Hey, more character options!' and then I've died a few times and was like 'Meh'. I've never fiished the second act because of losing only gold when you die. What about Exp? What about loading your gamesave? What about enemies, do they respawn? Both Diablos were magificent for their difficulty and the athmosphere, while Torchlight had that grinding vibe of modern pussygames.
>>
>>3533914
Well, Diablo 1 was way more gloomy than the second one. Also, I love the fact that it's wholly randomized. Diablo 2 has randomized floors, champions and drop, while D1 has randomized floors, champions, enemy groups, drop, colour sets, plot books and quests, meaning that one gameplay through D1 just can't let you know everything about the game. Also, each class gave the player a completely different set of feelings, so yeah, Diablo 1 was just simply better as a game.
>>
>>3534279
Claro que te entiendo, igual yo lo jugaba solo que en PSX ONE ocupa un lugar en mi corazón, el cual amigo me hiciste recordar :)
>>
>>3536691
Why the fuck do you talk in spanish.
>>
>>3535637
3 was fine you cunt. If anything better than the shitfest that was D1 endgame or D2 endgame.
>>
File: qgREp+.jpg (38KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
qgREp+.jpg
38KB, 360x361px
>>3537728
>>
>>3537728
What's wrong with D1's endgame?
>>
Diablo 1 was more atmospheric than 2 and wasn't littered with longwinded boring levels filled with too many variants of equally shitty items
>>
>>3536691
i'm...sorry? What? English is my one and only language friend.
>>
Never understood the appeal. It's just endless clicking to get loot. They're gear treadmills, and I've always hated not being able to move with WASD.
>>
I only ever played the first one. It was great when it came out. I remember finding out I could set a portal and swap save states to duplicate items and restock levels.

The downside is that grinding more that you would normally be allowed to made some of the earlier levels virtually impossible to beat. Somehow it made the enemies stronger.
>>
Diablo 1 and 2 are like Dark Souls 1 and 2 respectively. 1 has less stuff but does it better and is more cohesive in terms of overall design despite being worse in technical aspects
>>
>>3539708
Acid Spitters were so fucking overpowered, the worse part is sometimes they show up a little early on, 2 or 3 dungeon levels before the caves.
Thank fuck for FireWall. Unless you're playing on Hell difficulty and they're immune to it.
>>
>>3533819
is that thing supposed to look like a dismembered dick with hands?
>>
Everyone always ignores Hellfire and it pisses me off.
>>
>>3540046
What's there to say about Hellfire? It's a mod sold as the official addon by Sierra. A lot of the extra content sticks out as unfitting or rehashed.
>>
>>3539936
Best assessment ever. You win the thread.
>>
>>3538972
You can move your character in the psx version. That's how it was meant to be though, with some of those buttons being used for hotkeys.
>>
>>3539942
I think that was the actual problem. Even in spite of cheating I was getting slaughtered.
>>
>>3533819
hot garbage
>>
File: shualy.png (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
shualy.png
5KB, 160x160px
>>3533912
everything visualy or should i say "aestekshually" wrong with D3 is whats wrong with torchlight

ive tried playing it but i just cant handle the rainbow faggotized carnival fest happening on the screen, totally mood killing
>>
Diablo 1 is more fun to play alone, playing D2 alone is a giant slog and grind, and seems like it takes forever for any of the characters to become fun.

Also I hate how in D2 you are pretty much half assed unless you use shit like anni charm and hellfire torch, one of which requires you to spawn a super boss by duping (?????) sojs, why would they make this boss drop fucking items, when its supposed to be a punishment for duping..
>>
>>3537728
I like having a game that's fun to play before reaching the endgame.
>>
>>3540046
Is it really ignoring if most people aren't even aware it exists anymore?
>>
I've spent thousands of hours on Diablo 2...currently playing Median xl
>>
I keep comming back to D1 over and over again last time i tried to do few ironman runs on multiplayer as solo character for the 1st time, i managed to reach lvl 16 with warrior mainly thanks to the protector staff i found earlier. MP is harder the only cons of it is you must have PC runned all the freaking time since theres no option to save the progress.

D2 well i remember playing it without expansion and tought it was complete piece of crap. Then i picked it up again after LoD came out and the game became much better but still not as good as D1, i always lose interest when the heavy grind part starts.
>>
>>3538963
Not him, but he said
>I understand you completely, I played it too but it was the PSX version, which has a place on my heart you, my friend, made me remember :) TL;DR I'm a faggot
>>
>>3543396
My brother felt the same way about LoD.

I'm the complete opposite. I can't stand all the shit added in the expansion, and prefer to play classic.
>>
File: gheeeeee.jpg (141KB, 801x602px) Image search: [Google]
gheeeeee.jpg
141KB, 801x602px
> It is better, in D2 you need to grind a lot to beat the game on maximum difficulty and by that i mean hell on players 8.

You've an issue with there being a setting, like hell 8-player, that is suitable for powergaming? Should it all have stopped at normal? Just get to level 30, put the game down, and move on with your life?
>>
>>3533819

I like Diablo 1 better, for a lot of reasons. I like the atmosphere more, I like the simpler gameplay, spells are much more fun, and it doesn't feel like a godawful slog.

Every time I get to Act III in Diablo 2 I just want to play something else. Act IV is better, but the expansion is a hideous grind I've only ever completed twice.
>>
>diablo thread

stay awhile, and listen
>>
>>3537728
Does anyone still play 3 today?

Because Diablo 1 is eternal.

3 is a joke. A brief stinky fart in wind.
>>
>>3533819
played it on PS1 before the teacher confiscated the game and someone stole a bunch of stuff out of that teacher's desk during the last week of the year.
>>
>>3544152
I think people only play Path of Exile these days.
>>
>>3544187
PoE is really bad though. It's bad at being Diablo and has even more grind along with all the "classes" being pretty much identical.

They claim that "hardcore" Diablo players were involved in its creation. Screenshot of your Kings and Queens, faggots.
>>
>>3544152
What surprised me is how many copies D3 sold compared to 1 or 2.
Did so many people pirate the predecessors?
>>
>>3544203
Do remember that the population has climbed greatly, along with the actual number of PC gamers.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.