[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep reading on here "Snes emulation on psp has gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
I keep reading on here
"Snes emulation on psp has gotten much much better"
What secret emulators are you using
The ones I use are clunky as hell
>>
Maybe retroarch is better? I'd like an answer to this question as well
>>
They are all shit really. Its not really worth using a PSP for snes
>>
>>3531695
The people who say that are fucking retards who can't tell the difference between 60 fps and 7 fps.
>>
>>3531695
They haven't. Underage who have never used any are simply arriving on the scene, trying them, and accepting them as good because they've never used a real console. They then spread the news. Because, y'know, the opinion of an underage pajama boi who's never used a real console is real important for everyone to hear.

Just give up on it. 10 years ago it was the shit. Today it's just shit.
>>
>>3532551
It was shit 10 years ago too. Snes on psp has never ever been any good. Ever.
>>
>>3531695
I don't get it, PSP can handle CPS2 emulation. Something like raspberry pi can't even handle CPS1, so how can SNES emulation on PSP be so bad?
>>
>>3532649
Because nobody bothers to program an emulator from scratch targeted at the PSP architecture, every SNES emulator on the PSP is a mod of the same single SNES9x port from forever ago.
>>
>>3532537
Ok, retard that can't tell the difference, what emulators are YOU using that you couldn't figure out that "don't do 60fps"?
>>
>>3532676
Are you retarded?
>>
>>3532672
Yet CPS 1 and 2 seem to run fine on PSP, while CPS1 struggles worse on Raspberry Pi than SNES does.
>>
>>3531695
They only got better in the minds of those who don't want you to just buy a chink android device or a N3DS.
>>
PSP is a good little device but not for SNES. When I was using mine for everything eight years ago I was probably making every excuse in the book too, I somewhat understand. Just stick to what it's good at.
>>
>>3531695
Goddamn imagine having to live in that shithole? Hopefully I wouldn't know any better or I would kill myself.
>>
>>3533061
Everyone there is probably so fucked up on a combination of drugs and aids meds that they don't know much of anything.
>>
snes emulation has gotten so much better on old 3ds in the past month or so, feels great man
>>
>>3533127
It's for the best
>>
>>3531695
>smoking inside
>shoes on
>player Spinball

Looks like a good time tBh FaM.
>>
>>3533061
Where do you live the fucking Taj Mahal? And it's a porch
Die in a car fire lol
>>
>>3531695
Drughouse / vidyahouse
Fuckin comfy senpai
>>
>>3533826
>it's a porch
No that's a fucking shack.
>>
>>3531695
Nah the snes emus for psp havent been updated since like 2011.
They were great for the time because not many other portable devices could play SNES games with good speed at 2-3 frameskip but now you're better with Android or a 3DS or something.
>>
File: IMG_2956.png (113KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2956.png
113KB, 640x1136px
>>3534473
>>
>>3533459
>i'm a crack baby
>looks like a good time
FTFYCB
>>
is nes emulation on psp okay?
>>
>>3539289
it's funny but PlayStation 2 and PSP do Genesis perfectly well. Pretty sure PSP does NES pretty well but none of them can pull off SNES up to today's standards.
>>
>>3539289
Yup nearly flawless
>>
File: IMG_2970.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2970.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Loving my psp right now
>>
>>3540265
Can it run that well at all? Like, decent frame rate at all? For comparison I find SNES on PSP unplayable unless it's a turn based game.
>>
>>3540351
It runs super smooth
I can't explain it
Playing alien vs predator rn
>>
>>3531695
Emulation is like having sex with a condom on; feels ok but it will never be as good as the real thing.
>>
>>3540265

Did you just give a handjob to a box of Oreos?
>>
>>3541214
Dirty hands my bad
>>
>>3541207
That's like your opinion man
Enjoy your massive waste of
Time space and money
>>
>>3532649
RPi can handle both 1 and 2 board based games

The fuck are you talking about
>>
File: IMG_2971.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2971.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
We upgraded
>>
>>3541219
>guy has corvette
>anon has geo metro
LMAO enjoy buying gas!
I bet you spent too much money on that
>>
>>3542672
Having a collection is just that
A waste of time, money and space
When flashcarts exist and don't take up a 100th of the time money and space
That collecting does.
Also collectors inflate the market so that people are willing to pay hundreds
Of dollars for games that were produced in the millions
>>
>>3542795
Why Are you typing
Like this?
Real Thing
Is still better though.
I'd own far more
than few non-vr handhelds
if I could afford it.
Becouse why the fuck
not?
>A waste of time, money and space
Ur just poor
lmao.
>>
I use Snes9xTYLmecm on my PSP, supposedly the most recent and "best" version.

I don't think anything runs perfectly. I pretty much only play turn-based RPGs on it and they still run into issues. Basically anything remotely "action-based" is going to be fucked in some way, if they work at all. Still, I've played a lot of SNES games with it and enjoyed it despite all that.

PSP is still a great choice for other reasons, especially since it's cheap, easy to find and easy to work with.
>>
>>3534520
what am I looking at here?

>>3539289
Yeah. Also does Genesis and GBA/GBC very well.

>>3541207
>>3541219
>>3542672
I genuinely prefer emulation to playing on the console.
>>
All I wanted was a decent SNES emulator for PSP, but sadly this never happened. Somehow even my fucking phone struggles with SNES emulation. Fuck, even ZSNES was better than any of the SNES emulators on PSP, and you could run the classic 1.36 version on an original Pentium.
>>
>>3542613
Why is the Genesis easier to emulate if it has a beefier CPU than the SNES?
>>
>>3544464
Genesis has a faster CPU, but the GPU in the SNES is a lot more powerful.
>>
>>3533149

I thought blargSNES stopped updating, and that was the only SNES emulator for 3DS worth shit.
>>
>>3544939
A new one popped up recently
https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/
>>
>>3544943
>>3544939
yup, that's why i said it was fattening recently. blargsnes was way better than what anyone redirected, but the snes9x port has surpassed it in a very short time, speed, compatibility, and options. something about the tiny o3ds screen makes snes games look great.
>>
>>3531695
Isn't that Sonic Spinball? How come Genesis emulation is significantly better?
>>
>>3541771
I meant RPi-1, the one comparable to the PSP.
>>
>>3545956
Genesis has faster CPU snes has faster gpu
>>
>>3531695
Retroarch with bsnes balanced core.
>>
>>3546490
Tell me more
>>
>>3545956
Genesis doesn't use special chips in the carts. SNES emulation shits itself when mode 7 has to be emulated.
>>
>>3546490
HOw does one get retroarch for psp
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.