[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit millennials say about retro games >Atari is crap >PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 15

File: 3634157_orig.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
3634157_orig.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
Shit millennials say about retro games

>Atari is crap

>PC gaming is living a golden age right now

>Gen 5 looks like shit therefore is bad

>Digital>Physical

>RE invented the horror genre

>Old FPS are shit compared to Halo

>Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Half Life, [insert popular game here] it's overrated because it doesn't meet my stupidly high standards and I refuse to judge it according to the time the game was released
>>
if you aren't having your midlife crisis or getting your diaper changed right now, chances are you are a millennial
>>
>>3522172
well gen Z is between the ages of 3-21 right now

so theres that
>>
>>3522168
Millennials are people born between roughly 1982 and 1993 or so, OP. You're most likely thinking of kids born after 2000 which is gen Z.
>>
>>3522184
To add to this, I was born in 1982 and I bet I'm a lot older than OP is.
>>
Millennial has always had a stupid definition. It should refer to anyone who never experienced the 20th Century.

That being said, i don't know why you'd want anymore children browsing this board.
>>
>>3522193
You're thinking about it the wrong way. 1982 is generally considered the earliest year to qualify as a millennial because people born that year graduated high school and thus "came of age" in 2000.
>>
I'm 30 and have no nostalgia for Atari. It's quit terrible, I can't pretend to be objective about it.
>>
Atari is crap though. Games didn't even become good until NES and were perfected on the SNES/Genesis.
>>
>>3522221
I know there is an arbitrary figure of 'coming of age' at 18, but you don't become an adult until 21 anyway, and someone born in 1982 has their fondest memories firmly planted in the 90's.

A millennial should be a person of the 21st century.
>>
>>3522241
You're a millennial so deal with it buddy. The generation you're trying to criticize is gen Z until a better term gets applied.
>>
>>3522250
That better term should be millennial. Also i am not the OP.
>>
>>3522258
OP or not, gen Y = millennial regardless of what you think it should be.
>>
>>3522241
>someone born in 1982 has their fondest memories firmly planted in the 90s

Yeah, childhood memories. But their adult life started at the turn of the millennium so the term millennial makes sense there.
>>
>>3522261
Actually the terms are not overlapping, nor is there ever any agreement on which year constitutes which generation.

The reason that OP and many otjer people make the mistake though is because one logically assumes a millennial to refer to a 21st century kid.
>>
>>3522271
Fair enough, but why don't they simply look it up first?
>>
>>3522278
because its a meme
>>
>>3522168
> imagine this
> right here, right now
> a group of people I have no connection to is not right
>>
File: nemo.gif (8KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
nemo.gif
8KB, 500x400px
>>3522241
>not self-actualizing as a 4 year old
It's like you don't even peak experiences. My very first memory is of a solitary walk in 1989. Nothing particularly special about it. A cool autumn morning. Grandparents technically babysitting me. I was just in my head, thinking about thinking -- maybe for the first time. Later that day I was kidnapped.
>>
>>3522168
{you) are part of the cancer.
>>
>>3522168
>B-but Nintendo didn't invent ANYTHING!
>>
>>3522341
w0t
>>
>>3522241
>but you don't become an adult until 21 anyway
by that line of thinking, you'd need to push the birthdate to the left and not the right to come of age by the turn on the century
>>
>>3522168
Atari 2600 games really don't hold up
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 785x757px
>The video game market crashed in 1983 and Nintendo saved it with the Anyess!
>>
File: nerds_17.jpg (36KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
nerds_17.jpg
36KB, 416x600px
>>3522168
>1989
adult gamers are socially maladjusted, entitled weirdos who make ordinary people uncomfortable and parents disappointed.
>2016
>1989
adult gamers are socially maladjusted, entitled weirdos who make ordinary people uncomfortable and parents disappointed.

war never changes.
>>
>>3522442
fuck me. nix that 2nd 1989. i suck cocks.
>>
>>3522168
>Digital>Physical
You know this is true. Cartridges have their batteries break, ports break, games get stolen, CDs get worn out and scratched, hardware breaks down, tapes get chewed, if there's one thing I do not and will never miss about the 90s and 2000s, it's physical game media.

Fuck blowing carts, fuck fixing lasers, fuck scratched disks, fuck broken ports, fuck replacing batteries.
>>
>>3522168
ITT: Ten years ago.
>>
>>3522446
Digital media doesn't have the retro game feel.
>>
>Atari is crap
I have never heard anyone say or imply this.

This is kind of truth, current problems with the PC gaming are related to jewish practices rather than lack of games (or lack of quality)

I'm pretty sure this is an underage statement.

>Digital>Physical
My opinion > your opinion

Again, anyone who believes this is underage or trolling.

You're baiting me, right?

>Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Half Life, [insert popular game here] it's overrated because it doesn't meet my stupidly high standards and I refuse to judge it according to the time the game was released
You're underage, aren't you?
>>
So what happened to the generation X? Why are we calling them millenials now?
>>
File: 1472978832604.jpg (29KB, 327x392px) Image search: [Google]
1472978832604.jpg
29KB, 327x392px
>>3522442
>any place outside of the US
video games are fun
>>
>>3522168
"Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and use the mid-1990s to the early 2000s as final birth years for the Millennial Generation."

Can we stop calling everyone millennials? Everyone I knew from the 80s still loves retro shit and hates the concept of Digital over physical.

Maybe people born in the late 90s believe this shit.
>>
>>3522168
>Atari is crap
I think the 2600 is cool but its a shitty experience. NES onwards are way more interesting and engaging experiences imo.

We absolutely are in the golden age of gaming. Games have -never- been more accessible, you have probably like 50 fucking consoles worth of games to play. Emulation is near perfect, you can torrent various old PC games.

You're a fool if you think this isn't the golden age.

Gen5 was basically the growing pains. It does look like shit. Some more shit than others. But I'd never not play a game because it looks like shit.
Graphics have always been to sell the game.

>Digital>Physical
Digital is robbery. Charging the same MSRP for a digital copy vs. a physical is retarded. That being said, digital is great and it's good for fighting the retarded video game stores.

Never heard anyone say this

>2016
>hating on Halo
Halo is fun, and it's fun to play with a buddy.

>OoT FF7 Halflife is overrated
OoT is overrated but still an OK game
FF7 is over rated but its still a good JRPG
HL1 is over rated
HL2 sucks. It's the only game to ever give me motion sickness.
>>
>>3522168
>>PC gaming is living a golden age right now

Serious question, what is the problem with this statement?
>>
>>3522489
We're in the iron age of videogames right now, actually. Just because you have access to all the classic games doesn't make the present less shit.
>>
>>3522495
I don't understand why you would possibly think the present is shit.
>>
>>3522495
>>3522497
Thats an archaic way of thinking.

When you think "Im going to play a video game" do you go to only the PS4, Xbox One and Wii-U libraries?

I sure as shit don't. I barely follow modern games these days. I play whatever I want. I've been on a PS3 kick these days cause games are dirt cheap right now.
>>
>>3522168
>>Atari is crap

It always has been.
Mostly just bad arcade ports.
We have MAME now.

>>PC gaming is living a golden age right now
In terms of player base and support from Japanese and console devs it is.

In terms of getting innovative games like we did in the late 90s it's definitely gone from the big publishers, but you can still find them from smaller developers. When they're not putting out indie "art" shit.

>>Gen 5 looks like shit therefore is bad

Most of them played like shit with shit framerates. There was a huge amount of shovelware in this generation.

>>Digital>Physical

It is though unless you're reseller scum or still haven't wrapped your head around filesharing.

>>RE invented the horror genre

It popularized it. That was pretty well established a few years after it released.
And it went in its own direction which had a lot of imitators trying to copy its success.

>>Old FPS are shit compared to Halo

Halo was always shit.

>>Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Half Life, [insert popular game here] it's overrated because it doesn't meet my stupidly high standards and I refuse to judge it according to the time the game was released

This is retro discussion in a nutshell. Someone plays a top ten game and finds it overated, even though they're ignoring just how bad the center of gravity most console libraries are.
>>
>>3522497
>>3522515
You're just retreating into the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but you're basically just admitting that the present really is as awful as I'm saying.
>>
>>3522525
So are you one of those people who just keeps repeating that something is a "fact" without providing any reasoning to back this up? I know this is 4chan, where you're used to winning arguments by yelling the loudest, but /vr/ is a pretty slow board. Putting the least effort possible into your posts is only going to make people hate you.

So if you have something to say, fucking say it.
>>
>>3522341
dec 82 here first memory is picking berries with my dad and getting stung by a bee. circa 86, what the fuck does our frst memory have to do with anything.

p.s. the sting was on my butt and my mommy kissed it .
>>
>>3522442
2016 retro gaming adults are socially maladjusted. Chads playing online fps are normies
>>
>>3522547
I got stung into the elbow once when my school class was visiting the Cologne zoo.
I cried for hours. :*(

One of the few memories I have from the 80s.

Oh and that my sister didn't let me play Barbarian on her C64.
>>
>>3522241
>you don't become an adult until 21 anyway
kek
>>
its always funny how many people don't know what a millennial is
>>
>>3522386
>he completely missed the point
>>
>>3522516
>There was a huge amount of shovelware in this generation.
Name one where there wasn't.
>>
>>3522650

Gen 5 was particularly bad.
>>
>>3522658
>90% of the Nes library was shovelware made on the cheap in the 3rd gen
>4th gen had the abortion of cd fmv gaming, tons of shovelware released on the cd-i, sega cd etc.
>6th gen had the ps2 with over 2000 games, 1900 of them shit
>7th gen had the wii
>current gen we have fucking indie and early release not even finished shite

Yeah.
>>
>>3522341
>>3522547

fucking pleb, my first memories started with 2 1/2 in 86. being outside in the garden with the dog and seeing a little snake at the fence.

You have missed out on your life, I ran for govenour that same year... but oh yeah, you can't remember...
>>
File: cool.jpg (69KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
69KB, 685x960px
>>3522679
I fucked your mom in 1983, get her drunk and have her tell you about your real father. I left because you were a dissapointment
>>
>>3522168
But atari IS crap and i ain't no spring chicken.
>>
>>3522676
>4th gen had the abortion of cd fmv gaming, tons of shovelware released on the cd-i, sega cd etc.
Are you fucking retarded? The FMV thing is totally overblown and the CD-i was NOT a game.
>>
>>3522676

>having to pick out the shittiest consoles

Yeah, no.
>>
>>3522687
>calls someone retarded and proceeds to debunk nothing

I think we know who the retard is.
>>
>>3522693
He is retarded. If he wasn't he would know I'm speaking the truth.
>>
>>3522168

I hate that one so much.
>>
>>3522547
August 1982 here.
Earliest memory is also from 1986.

It was around my birthday. I remember going to the bar my family owned and people on the TV making a big deal about finding some really, really ugly picture which I, in later life, realised it was a rediscovered Picasso, which is how I can pinpoint the year. Then, I grew antsy so my brother took me to the big arcade down the street as our bar had an arcade room, but we weren't allowed to play during business hours. He bought me a Popeye balloon. I kept letting it go and catching it and letting it go and catching it. Then we went outside, I let go, couldn't jump up in time to grab it again, the balloon flew up into the sky and I watched it until the light hurt my eyes. Then my brother told me it would reach the sun and explode.
Then I cried and he bought me a pistachio ice cream cone.
>>
You're a millenial unless you were born before 1980. Most people on here are millenials.
>>
>>3522434
This is pretty much true for the US market though.
>>
>>3522683

Already happend, she said you left because you wanted to raise me in your image, as a transgender afro-american woman proud of being an otherkin. She still shows me the pictures with you in the chipmunk-costum from christmas 84 (pic related, plz write me your address so i can send you the rest of the chipmunk-merchandise)
I am sorry I could not follow your ways Dad...
I..I meant to say, Ahanti Theodore Jackson

Also I always wanted to ask:
>why Theodore and not Alvin? Or at least Simon...
>>
File: fishple.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fishple.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>3522168
>pretending generations are a thing
>retard tier bait thread
>>
Millennials for me are born 1995 and up
>>
>>3522824
Well you're wrong, but whatever.
>>
>>3522784
No it isn't. It's only true for the American home console market.
>>
>>3522835
Well... yeah? I don't even understand what you're trying to correct here.
>>
>>3522824
It sounds like the term should apply to people born around 2000 and when most people talk about millennials that's often what they mean, people who are teenagers now. Not people who are in their 30's.

The whole thing is idiotic though.
>>
>>3522839
Home consoles =/= all games
>>
>>3522839
What he means is that pretending the north american market is all that mattered is retarded. In reality it barely mattered in any way outside of the US. Japan and Europe were where most of the games were getting made, America was 95% ports until recently.
>>
>>3522840
>when most people talk about millennials that's often what they mean

By most people you mean 4chan, which largely consists of people born between 1992 and 1997 or so. Very clearly making them millennials since their childhoods were in the 2000s.
>>
>>3522842
I agree but home consoles were far more popular in the US compared to computer gaming at the time.
>>
>>3522850
Arcades also existed.
>>
>>3522854
Fair point. US arcades weren't really impacted by the console market crash.
>>
>>3522848
No actually by most people I mean people in the real world. On 4chan I would say most people at least know what it means.

I'm on the cusp (1980) and hear people around my age routinely complain about millenials and they almost always mean young people, not 20 and 30 somethings.

I honestly think it's just become a buzzword that people toss onto whoever they don't like that's younger than they are.
>>
>>3522850
Not really. At least not in my experience. The two groups were less blended than they are now though. It used to be console players mostly stuck to console and PCs mostly to PC. Both were very popular though.
>>
>>3522864
Yeah, colloquially it's essentially come to mean "anyone 5+ years younger than me. Although on 4chan I get the feeling that it's a lot of kids born in like 1994 complaining about people born in 1997.
>>
>>3522871
>Although on 4chan I get the feeling that it's a lot of kids born in like 1994 complaining about people born in 1997.

Sure, that's just generally 4chan in a nutshell though.
>>
>>3522868
I was born in 82 and can't say I was at all familiar with the PC gaming scene until the late 90s. I guess the Commodore 64 and Apple computers had a decent following in America though.
>>
>>3522875
Exactly. Which is why I said "It used to be console players mostly stuck to console and PCs mostly to PC."
>>
>>3522168
why do you care so much?
>>
>>3522848
This is one of the boards with the oldest average age. Although with the obvious /v/ kiddy influx breaking out of their containment board one does wonder.
>>
>>3522929
/vr/ was the containment board though, it was made after /v/.
>>
>>3522929
>Still believing in the /v/ boogeyman
You are the types of people responsible for making this place even worse than /v/ is now. You and your xenophobic 4chan retardation can eat shit.
inb4 you use the word kiddo and try to imply I must be younger than you because I am pointing out your trolling
>>
>>3522935
I look at /vr/ as more of a have for us old guys that actually enjoy discussing games. I still go to /v/ occasionally but all the SJW/gamergate stuff really killed that board.
>>
>>3522940
more of a haven*
>>
>>3522228
I'm 18, only played the 2600 for the first time last year and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure, the vast majority of games for it are garbage but that's true for any console and doesn't stop it from having some great games like Yar's Revenge.
>>
>>3522935
Containment means you're keeping something out of somewhere else. /vr/ exists to keep modern games and their audience out and on /v/

Also the way /v/ is now, most of them are so young they never even experienced the 6th gen or the ps2.
>>
>>3522939
>xenophobic
That's cute. You tried to use a big word you didn't know the meaning of because you got annoyed. Aww diddums.
>>
>>3522959
Having to listen to bitching about evil invaders from /v/ every day here makes that word fit pretty perfectly actually. Also helps that a lot of the AAA level dipshits here are genuinely xenophobic as well.

Points for at least not using Kiddo again.
>>
>>3522961
Not him but you are misusing that word.
>>
>>3522168

As a millenial:

Golden age of PC gaming was 90s. PC games were way ahead of console games and much more creative.

PC gaming is in a good state due to indie games and kickstarters but nothing like 90s when consoles were vastly inferior.

IMO atari is mostly crap. Just too dated to enjoy the games. I can even enjoy some NES games from my childhood, but Atari not so much.

Alone in the dark preceded RE.

Halo is overrated. Not a bad game, but nothing original about it. FPS before Halo are much better.

I disagree with you. Millenials dont think these things. Maybe the generation after us.
>>
>>3522961
If you used the word wrong the first time it's not going to be right using it in the same manner the second time.

You're getting a big fat F on your English class.
>>
Were there any horror games before Sweet Home? I'm sure there's some obscure European PC game or something.
>>
>>3522940
The mods killed that board. After that the only people who stuck around were too young to know any better or had migrated from r/4chan. Thus you have the current status of /v/.
>>
>>3522964
Did the original AitD games ever get released on Steam or anything? I've always been curious to try the first one since it's the one most similar to RE.
>>
>>3522824
>>3522840

millennial means growing up around the Millennium not being born near it. We came of age around 2000. Most Millennials are in early 30s or late twenties now. The very youngest millennials are in mid/early 20s.

It starts in 82 or 83 and ends 95-2000 for most definitions. First part of life was pre-internet/social media/cell phones/smart phones and second half of life was all this modern facebook, 4chan, shit.

We are best generation. Generation X is cool, anyone before that sucks.
>>
>>3522978
Yeah I left /v/ back when Anita threads were just constantly getting spammed all day every day and drowning out any worthwhile content. I just couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>3522979

Not sure, you could probably play it for free online. I got it for free from PC gamer. It is very dated, and has even worse controls interface than RE. However, you can tell RE copies from it heavily.
>>
>>3522981
82 here and can confirm growing up in the Clinton era was pretty fucking great. Columbine was pretty much the only major event that impacted my life prior to graduating high school.
>>
6th gen is retro
>>
>>3522989
Might as well be at this point. A sizable portion of /v/ were like two when the PS2 launched. I was 18.
>>
>>3522962
>>3522965
>Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.

You are all the same.
>>
>>3523014
Yeah... you misused it, anon.
>>
>>3522971
PCs were not that popular here in Europe. We mostly preferred home computers.
>>
>>3523030
What's the difference?
>>
>>3523031
PCs are IBM compatibles, home computers are not. Home computers like the C64, Atari ST, and Amiga.
>>
>>3523039
Ah okay, gotcha.
>>
File: 1431934090799.gif (954KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
1431934090799.gif
954KB, 400x313px
>>3522341
that's some memory man
>>
>>3523014
What are you trying to say, you're a foreigner?
>>
>>3523017
Certain /vr/ regulars see /v/ as a foreign, strange shitty place and repeatedly complain about them as if they are invading this board. Obviously xenophobia is a hyperbolic word, that's why I chose it to refer to you.

Also racism on this board is off the charts and it wouldn't surprise me if a significant portion of you are genuinely xenophobic, as I said.
>>
>>3523064
>a hyperbolic word
Kek, you misused another big word you picked out the thesaurus.

>racist
I was actually going to make a joke that you'd be using this word next earlier, and you actually did it, you absolute madman.

Now anon, i'm going to have to ask you to leave to reddit from whence thee came before you embarrass yourself even further.
>>
>>3523073
>I was actually going to make a joke that you'd be using this word next earlier

That shouldn't be considered a joke considering I literally called a bunch of you xenophobes. Of course you're racist. That's par for the 4chan course, but /vr/ is especially so.

I used hyperbolic correctly as well. As in, my use of the word xenophobic was purposefully hyperbolic to illustrate how ridiculous you are all being.
>>
>>3523079
No you said
>obviously xenophobic is a hyperbolic word
which is just a nonsense phrase. Also, by the way you feel the need to throw the words racist and xenophobic wildly around in every post, i suggest tumblr is more a website suited to your tastes. Now kindly fuck off.
>>
>>3523182
It was a hyperbolic word in that context, hence pointing out why I chose it to refer to you. Are you pretending to be stupid or is this actually you trying?
>>
>>3523182
>racist and xenophobic wildly around in every post, i suggest tumblr is more a website suited to your tastes.

Also I've been here since before the stormfront raids. I remember when most of the people who came here still mocked the likes of you. Genuine racists are legitimately retarded.
>>
>>3522553
retro gaming adults aren't going to be playing online fps
>>
File: Starsiege_Tribes_3.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Starsiege_Tribes_3.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
>>3523193
I was playing Tribes just last weekend.

and overwatch rocksfight me
>>
>>3523189
4chan was always politically incorrect. Though its bent was more of a politically incorrect libertarian than right-wing politically incorrectness.

Also, go back to NeoGAF.

>tfw those clowns rather celebrate gay marriage for over a month, than mourn Iwata for a single day.
>>
>>3523213
Literally never been to NeoGaf once, and I'll be my own judge of what 4chan is and has been like, thanks though.
>>
>>3523185
Just a quick tip - attempting to change what you said after the fact when your post is clear for everyone to see just a tad higher is a pretty dumb idea.

>>3523189
Oh yes, i'll bet. I'm not really sure what raid you're referring too but then again i'm sure you have no idea what you're talking about either.
>>
>>3523238
I didn't think I'd have to point out that when I used the word xenophobic that I was doing so with some hyperbole. Instead of course, people jumped onto OMGZ U DONT KNOW WUT THAT WURD MEANS!!! So I had to spell it out for them at embarrassing length. All this assuming they weren't just acting stupid for trolling giggles.

In the mid 00's 4chan got in the habit of "raiding" other websites, the Habbo ones being some of the first really big ones. /btards thought it was hilarious but it backfired because every time they raided it always just ended up bringing more people back.

It was when they started raiding stormfront that we got a bunch of them who never left and 4chan started to gain the reputation for the racist shithole it now often is. Before that it was always non-pc and goofy, but not as viciously racist or homophobic as a lot of it is now. Back then and before if you were anywhere on here, especially /b/ it was just assumed you were some sort of weirdo perv. Just being gay was tame. There's your tl;rd history lesson you didn't ask for and probably won't believe. Go fuck yourself, Kiddo ;^)
>>
>>3522468
>>Atari is crap
>I have never heard anyone say or imply this.
Just look at these threads.
>>3521298
>>3520795
>>
>>3523213
Mourning Iwata was a meme that only blind Nintendo fanboys did. The man was solely responsible for killing off the Nintendo we loved in favour of shitty hardware gimmicks and pandering to non-gamers.
>>
>>3522168

being fair most (if not all) console shooters were trash until the advent & implementation of dual analog sticks
>>
>>3523350
>dual analog sticks
enjoy your slow and unprecise as fuck aiming compared to a mouse, consolecuck
>>
>>3523350

Only if you are console fag.

Mouse+keyboard was and still is better than analog. Analog sucks so much cock it needs auto aim. MS was going to make xbox games cross playable with windows, until they realize PC master race would rekt them,
>>
>>3523365
i see reading comprehension isn't your strong point i was clearly talking about console shooters
>>
File: dc-mouse.gif (23KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
dc-mouse.gif
23KB, 300x266px
>>3523375
Are you retarded? You do know you can use kb/m on consoles too, right?
>>
>>3523383
What games did that work with?
>>
>>3522341
I remember the '84 Olympics and I turned 4 shortly before.
>>
>>3523383
>maximum damage control
I don't see that mouse peripherals were mentioned anywhere in the previous posts.
>>
>>3523414
It was implied. There's no reason to use or care about dual analog when it is objectively shit.
>>
>>3523439
analog stick > wasd keys

mouse is cool bro, but the kb is holding us back
>>
>>3522341
my first memory was pissing on my sister outside when i was like 3
>>
>>3522168
Console Atari always sucked. Atari Games arcade games were amazing, however.

Regardless of recent releases good stuff still comes out, barring online pay2win and EA trashyou can play nearly every game ever made on a Windows installation. Maining a console is dumb.

Gen 5 is pretty good despite the rough edges and slowest JRPGs ever.

Eh, I like running everything from a hard drive and don't mind emulation of systems decently emulated.

Nah, the notion of RE inventing the genre is dumb. People are indeed stupid to say that. Do they though...?

Agree with you on Halo, older and newer shooters are both better and generally disregard people who love Halo too.

Those are overrated (but enjoyable) outside of HL

t. 32yo millennial
>>
>>3522184
>born between roughly 1982 and 1993 or so

where are talking those precise numbers from?

generations are coined non authoritatively by writters and sociologists, and certainly dont last just 10 years, more like 20
>>
File: 1472179606483.jpg (34KB, 648x209px) Image search: [Google]
1472179606483.jpg
34KB, 648x209px
>>3522168
Do you even know what a Millennial is you fucking retarded mongoloid faggot?

Seriously, what the fuck is up with this meme where people on 4chan in their 20s-30s deny being millennials and try to graft the "Millennial" term onto Gen Z, even though millennials have been established to be the same as Gen Y for many years?

It's like a black person ranting about how he hates niggers, then is told he is a nigger himself, to which he responds "Wait, I'm a nigger? I thought niggers were white people!"
>>
>>3522168
Those aren't even millennials in your picture those are Gen Z you baiting faggot OP

Put a bullet in your skull
>>
>games used to be better
>gameplay is all that matters, graphics don't
These are the most annoying two.
>>
>>3523616
I'd personally put the cutoff point at 1995 or 96.
>>
>>3523703
I'll respect this autism when they come up with legitimate names.
>>
>>3523247
Ah yes, all those skinheads /b/ brought back from its Habbo hotel raids, who could forget. You don't know anything about 4chan or its history so don't pretend to.

I mean look at you, you're being laughed off the /vr/ board, you wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on the old /b/
>>
>>3523616
>where are talking those precise numbers from?

Just google "millennial" and most of the articles that pop up will be around that time frame.
>>
File: 1473711381427.png (526KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1473711381427.png
526KB, 800x587px
>Theres no point to play pre-NES games

those people deserve a kick in the nuts right away
>>
>>3524125

>Theres no point to play pre-NES games

Arcade games sure.

But Atari?
>>
>>3524225

by your reasoning theres no point to play games from past gens because the newers ones does the same but with better graphics. Telling people to not play Montezuma revenge or River raid because theres 16 bit platformers or shumps is the stupidest thing ever.
>>
>>3522172
>>3522180
>>3522184
>>3522189
>>3522193
>>3522221
A millennial is from 1980~1998. Anything after that is a centennial.

I'm not too sure what OP is complaining about as most people I know say the exact opposite of what he thinks Millenials say. Its just an easy group to pick on.
>>
>>3524225
Atari games are just less technically impressive arcade games.

Let's be honest here, you just need your games to have a shiny coat of paint, don't you?
>>
>>3524275
...then why wouldn't you just play the more technically impressive arcade games? I mean we have easy access so many historical games these days that you couldn't possibly finish them all before you die. So why waste your time with inferior ports?

If you grew up with them then sure i can understand that, although i personally don't know anybody who grew up with an Atari who still plays it.
>>
>>3522469
Generation X is 1961-1981. Generation Y/Millennials is 1982-2000, though when I was a kid growing up in the early 2000s playing my sister's old video game collection, I distinctly remember it being 1980-2000, and that I as a 1997fag only barely made it.
>>
>>3523703
Why would a teenager be self-reliant? This picture is horrible, and I bet it was made by some faggot born in 1993.
>>
File: 2a1.gif (22KB, 207x145px) Image search: [Google]
2a1.gif
22KB, 207x145px
>>3524036
Nice reading comprehension there, genius!
>>
Regardless of dictionary definitions, even if they're really the correct way of speaking, the word "millenial" has at least in slang come to mean people who in the past few years hit 18.
>>
>>3524667
Problem is that no one wants to be referred to as a "millenial" Even without the baggage the word has, it just sounds shitty. But as in any other era, 20 and 30 somethings are frustrated and annoyed by those younger than them. So they look for a convenient label to lump them under. Currently the buzzword is "millenial", but it's ill-defined enough that a 33 year old feels secure calling a 27 year old a millenial scum. And that 27 year old can in turn look down on a 19 year old and think the same thing.
>>
>>3523548
Half Life is fucking garbage
>>
>>3524719
Stop ruining my fun, you millenial.
>>
>>3524771
Your millenial taste is showing
>>
>>3524654
You mistakenly assume you write anything worth reading.
>>
>>3522168
>Shit millennials say about retro games
Everyone who came of age in the 21st century so far is a millenial, fucktard. There hasn't even been a distinct generation since baby boomers because since them a kid could be born to 16 year old parents in the 70s or to 36 year old parents in the 90s. It's a fucking meme word, most people on this board are millenials.
>>
>all these kids getting triggered by OP using the word millennial

OP confirmed for rusemaster.
>>
>>3523336
It's incredibly obvious most of those responses were just from people trying to piss Atari fans off.
>>
>>3522168
I was born late 1992. I play nothing but SNES and NES games with the occasional GB/C/A titles. I have no idea if I'm a mellinial, but I like to think I have better tastes than a lot of my people my age.

TLDR Mellinials grew up on /vr/ too based on common definition you ass hat.
>>
You shouldn't even be allowed to post here if you were born after 1980.
>>
>>3526237
>but I like to think I have better tastes than a lot of my people my age.

Just a note, people who honestly think they have "better" taste than everyone else usually just come across as pretentious twats. There's nothing bad about liking NES and SNES games over everything else, but there's nothing good about it either.
>>
>>3526237
>>3526643

I second this, excluding something and then feeling better about that exclusion sounds a bit superior-complexy... just a bit
>>
>>3526237
>I like to think I have better tastes than a lot of my people my age
So, you believe you were born the wrong generation?
You only play real video games?
>>
File: trannylife.jpg (145KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
trannylife.jpg
145KB, 624x950px
>>3526643
I'm okay with being seen this way. Most the things people my age are into are pure newage cancer. I'm perfectly fine not being a part of that, and do legitimately feel better for it.

>>3527248
Real niggas do real shit, brah.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.