[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that game that never fails to make you smile. That fills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 21

File: 1474591174446.jpg (11KB, 229x261px) Image search: [Google]
1474591174446.jpg
11KB, 229x261px
What is that game that never fails to make you smile. That fills you with nostalgia.

I currently sad as fuck and need that feeling.
>>
>>3518407
Original Half-Life?
>>
Dark Forces
>>
Digimon World

When you're just starting a new game, and your Agumon jumps around in happiness.

Then you go out and explore with your animal buddy.

If you want to feel loved asap, get a dog. If you won't get a dog, play Digimon World.
>>
Doom. Thread over. You want the biggest shit-eating grin on your face ever? RIP AND MOTHERFUCKING TEAR.
>>
File: tmp_780-14834_front402445089.jpg (289KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_780-14834_front402445089.jpg
289KB, 640x932px
For me it's good ole Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!

Your brain needs to turn off after a while as you become nothing more than reflexes and motor memory. Very zen.
>>
File: medievalknight.jpg (118KB, 386x600px) Image search: [Google]
medievalknight.jpg
118KB, 386x600px
>>3518407
I guess maybe Extreme Pinball.

Or probably Tyrian.
>>
For me it's gotta be Megaman 3, it never fails to make me happy
>>
rocket knight adventures
>>
>>3518407

I had to put my dog down a couple of weeks ago and after wards I sat down and ate a whole pizza while replaying Final Fantasy Tactics in its entirety in a single sitting.

I'd probably say:
>FFT
>Chrono Trigger
>Mega Man 6 (cause it's easy as heck)
>>
File: namco museum.png (298KB, 645x435px) Image search: [Google]
namco museum.png
298KB, 645x435px
Some good ol' Digimon World 3 alongside Namco Museum vol 1-5 in a rainy night with some coffee.
>>
File: Earthbound.jpg (109KB, 629x500px) Image search: [Google]
Earthbound.jpg
109KB, 629x500px
It's not a very good game, but there are so many points that I couldn't help but smile again replaying it.
>>
Contra
>>
File: Lego_Island.jpg (378KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lego_Island.jpg
378KB, 640x480px
>>3518407
Lego Island. It's an objectively garbage game but everything about it gives me those comfy tingles. The shitty VA/animation and general campiness adds to the charm.
>>
>>3518407
FFVI. That opening sequence...
>>
>>3518407
Tales of Phantasia
Klonoa
Chocobo Racing
MegaMan 4
Faxanadu
Final Fantasy 5
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario Kart
>>
File: c64-stroker-men-s-t-shirt.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
c64-stroker-men-s-t-shirt.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Stroker
>>
>>3518730
The whole fucking game?! Did you just do a straight burn through not fucking with anything? I've never tried a straight run, you have me interested.
Sorry about the dog as well.
>>
>>3519131
This game made me uncomfortable when pizza dude or whatever starts fucking the island to all hell. It got really chaotic and I was a young lad and was alarmed. No thank you.
>>
File: comfy.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.gif
2MB, 480x270px
The music in mario 2 is most comfy of all time. That would be one I return to every few years.
>>
>>3519596
Fuck that brickster guy. As a kid I got so triggered I broke the disc in half
>>
>>3519131
>It's an objectively garbage game

Fuck you. Not only do I like it but I'm looking up the reviews now and it was critically acclaimed. Where the fuck do you get "objectively garbage"? This is the most annoying fucking post I've ever seen on /vr/ because you're all "Heh it sucks but I totally like it, me and my hipster cred." Stop being a contrarian asshole who can't admit when a game is genuinely fucking good.
>>
>>3518730
How long did that take?
>>
File: sp29.gif (48KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
sp29.gif
48KB, 640x448px
>>
>>3519631
I can believe that, shit was just abnormal in a video game.
>>
>>3519596
>>3519631
Same here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNSDo__LPQU
>>
>>3519931
fuck.
>>
File: image.png (172KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172KB, 320x240px
>>3519131
>>3519596
>>3519631
>>3519931
Can we all agree how objectively great this fucking game was though?
>>
>>3518407
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (gba)

Not retro but it makes me smile!!

Hope you get better, anon
>>
>>3518407
None of your damn business.

Jumping Flash
>>
>>3518438

Came her to post this.
>>
Dig dug
>>
>>3518407
Earthbound
>>
Any of the contra games
Sonic CD
Theme Hospital
Rollercoaster Tycoon
>>
>>3519594
>>3519659
like 11 hours, it wasn't exactly "one sitting" I took a few breaks but I had the weekend off work so I decided fuck it.

It's not actually that long. What makes FFT long is the amount of grinding people do to unlock jobs.

I used glitches. I did the JP glitch and item duping.

If you just use BlackMages/Summoners for the early game, you kill shit super fast. Then you avoid doing stuff like Stealing Balk's Gun, Meliadouls perfume and defender, Elmdor's gear, etc, and pace goes way faster. Same thing with having access to things like Teleport. Just makes a lot of battles a lot faster.

I learn Steal Weapon and use it on Gafgarion (in Golgorand Execution site for his Bloodsword) and again at Lionel to make the battle easier.

It's fun, and even though I'm not the best at it I can beat it pretty fast.
>>
DOOM
Super Mario World
any Fire Emblem
Some >NOT RETRO DS and GBA games (Starfy, Scribblenauts, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, WarioWare Twisted, Wario Land 4, Mario & Luigi)
Any of the Wario Land/Ware games really
Kirby
Picross
Super Mario Bros 2
Dragon Quest III
DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest
>>
>>3519646
It's a kids game. It was one of my favorite games as a kid but it just doesn't hold up now.
>>
File: Little_Big_Adventure_2_cover.jpg (21KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
Little_Big_Adventure_2_cover.jpg
21KB, 256x326px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3G5iG0cP-o
>>
Morrowind (add a graphics mod and get lost in it)
Earthbound
FF4
Robotrek (quirky SNES game but I like it)
Super Metroid
Super Mario RPG
FFT
Disgaea
Secret of Mana

Not really retro but..
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (one of my go to games these days) or go retro and play Total Annihilation
>>
>>3518407
Yoshi's Island
Croc
SMB2 (both USA and LL)
DKC 1&2
Sonic SMS/GG
SMRPG
Parasol Stars
New Adventure Island
>>
>>3518407
>I currently sad as fuck and need that feeling.

Actually, nostalgia kind of makes me feel more sad in general. Does anyone else feel that way?

I've always called it 'reverse' nostalgia, it's like whenever it comes to playing again or even seeing a game on say YT or a friend playing, it does remind me of those 'better times' for lack of a better term, and the whole time I'm thinking "As soon as this stops I'm going to be ejected into reality again" which looms over me the whole time. Not only that, but being a retro game enthusiast, I end up thinking "they sure don't make games like this anymore" which just plants a seed of negativity, knowing the old games I love ended and will never come back.

Unfortunately it all sort of feels sad, and playing old games is something I like, yet is something I have to power through.
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 266x185px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 266x185px
>>
Legend of the River King is the only game that made me feel that way, and wasn't a game I played as a kid.
>>
Heiankyo Alien

>Dig holes
>Trap aliens
>Bury them alive

This was my first Gameboy game, before Pokemon. Until today, I thought it was originally a Gameboy game, but there was an Arcade version (Gameboy was a port) and SNES port.

I tried out the SNES version today, and while it was nice to see the character in color and more detail, but it was too slow paced. The Gameboy version is faster and more responsive.

As a kid, I played the FUCK out of it. It's such a simple game, and it just keeps going on and on, but it's fun. It's got great replayability, and the Gameboy version has two different aliens to bury.

I guess you could say that I really dig this game.
>>
File: The Neverhood.jpg (106KB, 800x951px) Image search: [Google]
The Neverhood.jpg
106KB, 800x951px
The Neverhood. This game reminds me of some Claymation TV shows that I loved to watch as a kid.
>>
The best way to get happy again is too play games with the right music to get the nostalgia kickstarted again. Personal favorites are Mega Man (especially 3), Super Mario Bros 2, Castlevania 2 (mediocre game but sweet ass music); Dr. Mario,Tetris, Tetris Attack, etc... also make your brain go into cruisecontrol.
Games like SMW and Zelda alttp is comfy as fuck and gives you enough mini-missions to wrap your head around (try getting all stars in SMW). That was all the Nintendo-nostalgia blubberring up.
A round of Worms can always bring a smile. Dungeon Keeper (&2) lets you be the bad guy, train monsters, smack imps around and has some nice quests.
I'd have to sit down and think a while, there are many good games that can make you smile...

Speaking of Bullfrog's Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital is awesome if you have never tried it before, really strange and amusing game.

And lastly i remember War Hogs for PC/PS1 being tons of fun, imho it's the better version of a 3d worms with soldier-pigs. I'd recommend this to anyone who hasn't played it before, especially if you have some friends over.

>special mentions
90s point and click adventures like Day of the tentacle and Monkey island can bring a smile to your face
>>
>>3518407
Blood. Always brings a fucking smile to my face.

Game that fills me with more nostalgia than any other on the planet will always be super Mario world. Always takes me back to playing it at 7 years old it was magic.
>>
Earth Worm Jim.

Remember the cow loading screen OP???

"MOO0O0O0O0OO0000oooo"

"MOO!"

"moo."

"MOOOOOOOOOO"
Just feel the smiles as you press A,B,X,Y and get different pitches and tones of cow Moo'ing.

Remember the music? Remember the level with eggs and shit?

I member
>>
Star Ocean: The Second Story.
Its the purest form of nostalgia that exists for me, the only game I can play at any time during any mood and enjoy every second of it.
>>
>>3518965
This game for sure has a lot of nostalgia for me, definitely one of my favorite SNES games.
>>
File: 63-Robotrek_(USA)_00156.jpg (150KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
63-Robotrek_(USA)_00156.jpg
150KB, 512x448px
Robotrek is condensed charming nostalgia for me. Even listening to the soundtrack makes me wistful.
>>
>>3518961
namc°
damn you fucking nips
>>
File: 55532_front.jpg (108KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
55532_front.jpg
108KB, 640x468px
>>3518407
Or any of the Mystical Ninja games really.
>>
Twinsen
>>
File: 1459926850312.jpg (181KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1459926850312.jpg
181KB, 900x675px
>>3520235
Love it, played this game so many times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i8FvLNZC8U
>>
FF Tactics is really great for this to me. I make a team full of Ramza and Generics from the recruiting office and name them so as to make them role play a certain way. From there it's just pretty satisfying to have your own little squad of people who become no named heroes through the story line.

Also, I find Megaman Legends really pleasing to play. Whole aesthetic of the game is nice, and running around being megaman exploring is neat in itself. Really easy to zone out playing.
>>
3d pinball on windows xd. no joke
>>
>>3518407
I want to say Mega Man Legends, I have the nostalgia for being able to run/skate around town, high jump onto light poles and then onto houses, those fun upgrades you get. But I went back to it recently and the camera sucks, it's ruined.
but I did have fun in Apple Market again, checking out each store
>>
>>3520235
>>3525593
Mah niggas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGtzVRva40

Oh, if I could play this as a kid again :(
>>
File: 1350277236578.jpg (70KB, 580x496px) Image search: [Google]
1350277236578.jpg
70KB, 580x496px
>>3525745
Oh man the installation music. Literally transports me back to when I was 10 years old. My eyes get watery every time.
Though it is not very well known, I feel that Twinsen is Zelda-tier childhood game.
>>
>>3525593
>>3525750
>tfw played this as a kid without speaking English properly and didn't even understand why the fuck I was beating up those talking sausages
Oh this game was the one that made me feel completely immersed into another world for the first time. It was also the first time I frantically explored every pixel in a game searching for secrets and stuff.
>>
>>3525713
The camera isn't even hard to control?
>>
>>3526121

It was '98, I had 6 years, gained this game.
It was 3D, it had voice acting, it had subtitles in my language, I had all the time in the world... oh the memories
>>
>>3518407
Worms, lemmings zool and james pond robocod
>>
File: qt trans girl fapping.jpg (223KB, 581x645px) Image search: [Google]
qt trans girl fapping.jpg
223KB, 581x645px
>>3525750
>qt trans girls fapping

This is my fetish.
>>
>>3518407
Heroes of Might and Magic 2
>>
File: Star_Trek_text_game.png (1KB, 517x304px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_text_game.png
1KB, 517x304px
>>3518407
Taking command of the Big 'E'.
>>
File: qfg1vga-8.png (31KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
qfg1vga-8.png
31KB, 320x200px
>>
Maximum Carnage. The only good LJN game ever.
>>
Star Tropics does this for me.
>>
Donkey Kong '94 for the gameboy always makes me laugh like a retard when i die. DK grabbing mario by the head, shaking him and then throwing him, that's funny as fuck
>>
File: SMT2Poster.jpg (320KB, 1000x1497px) Image search: [Google]
SMT2Poster.jpg
320KB, 1000x1497px
Its not really an answer to OP and it might make me weird, but I really like to revel in my sadness whenever i feel down or melancholic. I usually play some of the first SMT games if I feel like gaming while in that mood.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.