[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing Pacman at the arcade >lose your last life >a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: 2016-09-23-00-14-50-1072583753.jpg (11KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-23-00-14-50-1072583753.jpg
11KB, 249x202px
>playing Pacman at the arcade
>lose your last life
>a mysterious hand appears, placing a quarter on the screen
>"Hey kid, lets play a round. See who gets the highest score"
>turn around
>see this

Wat do?
>>
not worry at all because donkey kong skills dont translate to pac man
>>
Slap his wife's ass and walk off with her to a real man's cabinet like Gradius to show her how a high score is really logged. Fuck that Kenny Loggins looking motherfucker.
>>
>>3516701
https://youtu.be/Ok6kiLK0Idc
>>
>>3516692
Run for your life anon
>>
>>3516692
Plant a flag on his forehead and claim it for America
>>
Tell him he's a cunt and walk off.
>>
challenge him to Donkey Kong instead. At least I'll do better on that
>>
>>3516692

STRANGER DANGER! I NEED AN ADULT! MOMMY! DADDY! OFFICER! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
>>
>>3516692
Oh shit....
>>
BROKEN BOOOOONNEEEEZZZ
>>
>>3516692
>"You're on! Let's move to Street Fighter II though"
>watch him turn pale
>>
>>3516705
this 2bh, play something that isn't broken archaic shit and we'll talk
>>
>>3516692
light his tie on fire
or his beard
or his hair
>>
>>3516692
laugh and ask how amazing it feels to waste your life on petty rivalries over archaic video games. then shake his hand probably, I'm not a goddamned animal
>>
>>3516692
Put a sharpie in his jap eye
>>
accept the challenge, lose miserably and talk about old games with an icon. If he's cool, kick back and bs, if he's a douche, walk away.
>>
>>3516692
take the quarter, put it in the slot and then when I eventually loose go home and post about it on /vr/.
>>
>>3516692
I'd be polite, he is probably a nice dude.
>>
Say "get out.", because he's in my bedroom and I'm in the middle of my daily crying into my pillow routine.
>>
Punch him in the name of Steve Weebee.
>>
I say "Don't call me 'kid.' I'm 31 goddamn years old."
>>
My favorite part of King of Kong is where the daughter of Mitchell's opponent says something like "People really ruin their lives over this kind of stuff, don't they?" or something to that effect. And the guy just isn't sure how to respond. Precociousness can be an amazing thing.
>>
>>3516692
shyly stutter something about how pacman is for losers but shumps and fighting games definitely aren't
>>
Buy some hot sauce
>>
Play a free round.
Who cares if ill lose.

I go first then just leave when im done anyways.
>>
>>3516706
This guy has an ego the size of a planet. Definition of Z-list celebrity
>>
>hurr durr challenge him to a newer game

I don't know why people think Billy Mitchell is stuck in a time warp, the guy spectates modern esports. It's not like he's going to faint because Street Fight 4 has so many buttons.
>>
>>3517375
fucking this. he's the average arcade enthusiast.

>love for arcades has been as high as it's always been
>still partakes in modern gaming
>>
File: ignorant_babby_award.gif (63KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
ignorant_babby_award.gif
63KB, 1000x1192px
>>3516701
>>
>>3517375
He triggers people severely for whatever reason
>>
>>3517534

He's too confident and kind of a dick.
>>
>>3516692
I bet he's voting for Trump
>>
>>3517540
You are too sooooo....

¥
>>
Take him up on his offer.
Try to have a decent conversation with him.
Maybe listen to his side of the story if he wants to talk about it, because that documentary framed him to be a douche, probably using a lot of editing magic.
>>
>>3517539
Yeah he hasn't really proven he's as good as he thinks he is, yet.
>>
Take the quarter and challenge him to a round of Virtua Fighter 2.

>>3517361
>This guy has an ego the size of a planet. Definition of Z-list celebrity

He is actually the best on the planet at something, which is more than any one of us can say. Let him enjoy it I say.

>>3516706
I remember the breakdown on that trick. The hitbox of Pacman does not collide with the ghost while Pacman is facing left and the ghost is facing up, and then it also does not collide when Pacman is facing bottom and the monster is facing right. There's like a 1 frame gap of executing the trick in a corner however.

The fact that he can do it on a whim is pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>3517651
>He is actually the best on the planet at something, which is more than any one of us can say

I'm the best shitposter on the planet. Jokes on you m'boy.
>>
Myself and two buds took a trip to Laconia a few years ago and I actually met Brian Kuh, who was working behind the counter of a arcade on the strip.

He was actually really nice and thanked us for coming to Funspot. The place itself was 'okay' as many of the machines were not working too well with sticky joysticks and such. Still, just being in the atmosphere again, not since the 90's was awesome. I could listen to arcade noise all day.
>>
>>3517757
>Brian Kuh

Did he announce any potential DK kill screen?
>>
>>3516692
man has a nice fivehead
>>
File: How to troll.jpg (102KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
How to troll.jpg
102KB, 800x544px
>>3517716
>I'm the best shitposter on the planet. Jokes on you m'boy.

Son, you are not even close. Observe this picture for example.
>>
>>3517791

>that bullshit step 3

Now check this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-HUgzYPm9g
>>
>>3517774

No, but he did mention that the movie, while great for drawing attention to Funspot, did paint him in an unfairly negative light- that all he was trying to do was let people know that they could potentially witness something rare.
>>
>>3517825

I don't think they painted him negatively during the "there's a potential DK kill screen coming up" part, I thought it was funny. The thing is that it seems that he sided with Billy against Steve, maybe that's what he meant?
>>
>>3516692
Ask for hot sauce.
>>
>>3517757
>Brian Kuh
Brian Kuh is such a faggot.
>>
>gamers in the past were charismatic alpha chads
>gamers nowadays are autistic ugly neckbeards

what went wrong?
>>
>>3517361

And yet you know who he is.
>>
>>3518125
It was a natural progression - you used to have to go out of the house to play video games
>>
I don't get why people hate him. The documentary is pretty retarded, like they tried to make it a Hollywood "Good vs. Evil" movie when it's a fucking documentary.
>>
>>3517361
>ego
He's being fucking funny. Just because that movie made him out to be the villain because they needed LOLCONFLICT doesn't mean he's egotistical or bad, because he's really not.
>>
>>3517019

Turns out he actually is a nice guy and the movie played up his ego to sell the Wiebe underdog story.

>Billy Mitchell
>Doesn't NEED to be there to defend his record.
>Instead spends quality time with his daughter.

>Steve Wiebe
>Neglects taking care of toddler son's hygienic needs to play a videogame.
>>
>>3516692
Trust him more than my parents, no man who wears the flag like that can ever be evil.
>>
>>3517651
>The fact that he can do it on a whim is pretty fucking cool
He's not doing it on a whim, Pacman is all about patterns and that's probably the 5000th time he's done it on that level. Pacman has very simple game logic and the perfect game of pacman has been completed multiple times. It's all about timing.
>>
>>3519351
You're still undermining the incredible skill it takes
>>
>>3516692
Literally who?
>>
>>3518687
What do you mean lolconflict?
>>
>>3516919
Why? He'd probably kill you at that too
>>
>>3519357
I'm just correcting you, he was the very first to do so but it has been done quite a few times since then and, while impressive, is not as outstanding as you are trying to make it sound.
>>
>>3519357
Also, it's more memory than skill. Anyone can do it as long as they know when, and since pacman is a semi-determinate game with absolute logic,
>>
File: walter.jpg (55KB, 699x480px) Image search: [Google]
walter.jpg
55KB, 699x480px
Sing him a gentle song.

bam bam bam bam bing bam bam bam boing teram pam pam pam pam
>>
>>3519360
Not him but he's referring to the apparent necessity for every movie to follow a pattern to the extent that they hamhandedly cram a dramatic conflict into a movie about video games. They wanted it to be some sort of feel-good story with a hero and a villain and drama and a happy ending which doesn't fucking work when it's real people.
>>
>>3517651
>Billy Mitchell has entered the chatroom
>>
>>3516982
what the hell is the context behind this picture
>>
>>3519738
That's T-dub. Best rapper in the game.
>>
>>3517534
King of Kong's framing helps people project themselves onto Wiebe and see Mitchell as the ultimate villain. The bias in the documentary is a bit underhanded, but I appreciate how well they ran with it, because for a middle aged dork with a boring life like Wiebe, Mitchell really does seem like the ultimate rival.

Compared to Wiebe, Mitchell is more successful financially, and with a seemingly frivolous and stupid career inherited through his family, rather than Wiebe's STEM education where he's still just a highschool teacher and firmly middle class. Mitchell's look is more attention grabbing and different; the mullet and beard is bizarre to regular nerds who try to be as nondescript as possible. The american flag tie is point of contempt; since nerds tend to be cynical and somewhat countercultural. To them, such a superficial sign of patriotism comes off as Mitchell being a "sheep". Compared to Wiebe's middle aged dad-ness, Mitchell is also more handsome and charismatic, though Wiebe isn't an ugly basement dweller. Part of that helps the upselling that comes with projection; Steve wiebe has an attainably mundane life but still manages a brief glory thanks to videogames. If you're a steve who's seen Billys eclipse you over and over again in life despite barely trying, you feel something in his plight.

tl;dr, Mitchell and Wiebe is the natural endpoint for the nerd/jock mindset from high school a lot of people still can't get over.
>>
>>3517574
>because that documentary framed him to be a douche, probably using a lot of editing magic.

It's exactly that and it's incredibly obvious considering the director tried to make him sound even worse by lying they edited it to make him not look like an asshole. People are just jealous he managed to be the best at video games, hot sauce and picking up Asian babes.
>>
>>3518697
>Turns out he actually is a nice guy and the movie played up his ego to sell the Wiebe underdog story.

obviously this is 4chan and contrarians have to go against everything, but the reality is that he is more of an ass irl than in that movie.
>>
>>3519380
>Also, it's more memory than skill. Anyone can do it as long as they know when, and since pacman is a semi-determinate game with absolute logic,

Well anyone can also 1cc Ikaruga on Hard, as long as they know when and how to move.
>>
>>3519717
You type like a retard dude
>>
>>3519380
So have you ever played a perfect PAC man game? Anyone can do it.
>>
>>3520012
Shut the fuck up.
>>
is it only a coincidence that mitchell is a lot like billy mays, both in looks and personality
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.