[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out, /vr/. How do I get into original Mega Man series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mega man.png (79KB, 278x366px) Image search: [Google]
mega man.png
79KB, 278x366px
Help me out, /vr/. How do I get into original Mega Man series? (Mega Man 1-10) There are shitton of ports, re-releases and remakes.
>>
Step 1) Pick a game
Step 2) Play the fucking game

Getting so sick of these threads. It's not like you're learning something that takes actual skill, knowledge, or talent.
>>
The PSP remake of the first game (Powered Up) is a great starting point. From there just play in release order. The first through fourth GB games can arguably be skipped but the fifth is a must play and is often considered one of the best games in the series.
>>
2 -> 3 -> 6 -> 1 -> 4 -> 4minusinfinity -> 5 -> 9 ->10 -> 8 -> 7 (only if you hate yourself)
I never particularly liked the OG Megaman series, X was so much better.
>>
>>3515010
I've played the NES and original gameboy games. Of those, I'd highly recommend Mega Man 1-3 NES and Megaman V for the gameboy. Haven't played 7-10.

Megaman 1-3 are just phenomenal games with tight designs and gameplay that evolves as the series progresses. By four, the formula had gotten stale. 4-6 are good games but feel more like uninspired rehashes compared to the first three.

Mega Man V on the gameboy actually subverts a lot of things you'd expect from an old Mega Man game and surprises the player. It's a wonderful game and in some ways could be viewed as the perfect finale to the series.
>>
just get the legacy collection on steam it icludes the first 6 games.
>>
1 is a bit weird and different from the rest. I personally beat it last, I think it's a bit empty, straight and rough around the edges. But it has cool arcade feel.

2–3 are both great and feel more refined to me, they add most things people remember Megaman for. Both have great level design IMO.

4 was when the series started feeling a bit recycled to me. It's still good, and even adds charge shot, but I thought its levels are boring compared to 2 and 3. And SNES had already come out by that time.

5 and 6… Beautiful games, especially by NES standards, but even more recycled once again. Level design kind of eschewed challenge from previous games, IMO. And they came out when SNES was already out for quite some time.

7–9 were pretty good, 9 especially (I'm talking Rockman Forte/Megaman & Bass). It's a heck of a game, raising the bar for the series once again, and the graphics are amazing. But, you'll have more fun in it if you beat previous games.
>>
Download an NES emulator.
Download Mega Man 1 on NES.
>>
>>3516573
>playing 4MI without having played every other game so you can get all the references
>>
>>3515010
2 and 3 are the best, also special shout out to mm&bass.

As far as versions go just pick whatever you have access too. I've played steam version, 6th gen collection, original hardware, and emulated and they're all basically the same.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.