[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>never liked Mario >just bought a NES which came bundled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: 2750608_nuts_and_gum.jpg (56KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2750608_nuts_and_gum.jpg
56KB, 480x480px
>never liked Mario
>just bought a NES which came bundled with four Mario games
>even playing them on the real system isn't that fun or engaging to me

Is something wrong with me? I'm buying more games, but this particular bundled system was the best value.
>>
Nope, you've simply discovered that Mario is overrated, has aged poorly and is mostly fueled by nostalgia.
>>
>>3514564

No, maybe it's just not your cup of tea. If you gave it a fair chance and it doesn't do it for you, what else can you do?

>>3514571
Yes, anon, every game you don't like is overrated and has aged poorly, among other memes.
>>
>>3514564
Mario 3 is one of the NES' top game, if you don't enjoy it then you either just don't enjoy platformers, are a hipster, or will enjoy like 8 games on the system tops.
>>
>>3514581
>Yes, anon, every game you don't like is overrated and has aged poorly, among other memes.
Nope. Consensus is that every game that doesn't have Mario or Zelda in it is overrated. I'm constantly reading that here. You can't even insinuate or hint that a game might have done something better than Mario or improved upon the concept.
>>
>>3514593

Sure thing chap.
>>
>>3514595
Glad you understand. :^)
>>
>>3514593
I think you're confusing here for Reddit. Lots of games improve on Mario, but anyone who tries to claim that Mario or Zelda are shit titles compared to their peers is a shitposter or retarded, much like yourself.
>>
>>3514564
MArio games are fun, they're just way too easy. To be fair, they're made for literal babies to play. If you're looking for a challenge, it's time to graduate from the mario series.
>>
>>3514606
Wasn't my point. It's that people act like Mario and Zelda are god's gift to gaming, anything else is overrated, aged poorly and fueled by nostalgia.

You're simply not allowed to have a differing opinion from that. I merely took it to the other extreme.
>>
File: Contra.png (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Contra.png
3KB, 256x240px
I never really liked Super Mario particularly either, but that entire genre of jump-focused platforming with momentum/inertia wasn't my bag.
I preferred more combat-focused platformers, and with inertia-less movement, like Contra.
>>
>>3514612
SMB3 did have some tricky levels in the second half of the game though. And if those are too easy for you, there's always romhacks.
>>
You've just realized that mario is boring shit overrated by nintendo fanboys.
>>
>>3514571
>>3514593
>>3514613
>aged poorly
Games don't age.
>>
>>3514612
While SMB1 should literally have training wheels bolted on it, I bet 90% of people playing games today on /v/ couldn't beat it
>>
>>3515471
>ACKSHULLY.....
>>
So, how exactly do games age? Do the bits go bad over time and not run properly?
>>
>>3515471

Imagine being so autistic that you refuse to acknowledge the fact that words can have different definitions.
>>
Mario is for babies. You should have got Adventure Island instead, OP.
>>
>>3515792
>play game for years
>new game comes out
>play that one
>newer, more logical control scheme, better graphics
>well that was fun, let's go back to the old one
>hmm, gee, this doesn't seem as good in comparison
>it might have...
Aged poorly.

Alternative;
>little billy, these are the games your old man grew up with
>oh boy dad! I can't wait!
>you mean you control this little man? I see...
>gee dad, I can't believe games used to look like this!
>well son, that's what we had back then, no 3D, no silky smooth cinematic 20fps, no DLC...it was a different time, billy
>just don't take it for granted
>because one day you might find your childhood has...
Matured. Slightly. In an unfavorable way.
>>
>>3515805
It's not a matter of wheither the word can have different definitions, it's the fact that you use the game's age as an excuse for not liking it. It's already been proven on /vr/ a few years ago that no, games don't "age", so no, the post you're answering to isn't """autistic""".
>>
>>3515834
Except that this definition is flawed. The change doesn't come from the game, but the perception you have of it. The game itself is just as good as it used to be -- if the controls were okay, they're still okay, you might not find them that way anymore, but someone else could still enjoy it the way they are. For the graphics, they can still be considered good or bad compared to the what was done back then, same for the framerate, if it was playable back then, it's still nowadays. It's not the game that aged poorly, it's your perception of the game that's different. The fact that there are better stuff out there doesn't make the older stuff bad magically if it was already good. Thus games don't age.
>>
>>3515469
Imagine being so autistic that you refuse to acknowledge the fact that people can like games without entering into your fanboy black and white spectrum of thinking.
>>
>>3514564
I've never been that fond of them either. I don't think they're bad games, I'm just not a big fan of pure platformers.

I could never get into the Sonic games either.
>>
Nintendo was never good. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>3515850

>It's not a matter of wheither the word can have different definitions
>t's already been proven on /vr/ a few years ago that no, games don't "age"

Jesus, your autism is off the charts. You seem to be aware on a superficial level that the same word can have many different definitions and uses, but you are incapable of truly comprehending what that means. Amazing.
>>
>>3515894

Wow, such a cool, contrarian opinion. Can I be your friend anon? I bet you are a really popular kid.
>>
>>3515894
The NX comes out next year
>>
>>3515895
Nice argumentation. I know exactly what you mean by """"aging"""" games, but that definition is plain wrong (if not pure "it's not my fault if I can't enjoy X"-tier escapism bullshit). No amount of namecalling will change that.
>>
>>3515872

It's like you autists don't realise that it's just an expression. Nobody thinks anything has happened to the game itself. Everyone knows it's the subjective opinion of the game, or parts of the game, that's changed.

Holy fuck, there's thousands of expressions in modern english that we all use on a daily basis that are 'inaccurate'. It comes to a point where it doesn't even matter anymore because we all know what it means anyway. Everyone knows exactly what is meant when we say a game or movie or book or whatever has 'aged poorly'. Unless you literally have autism, you should be able to grasp that fact.
>>
>>3514564
It's okay OP. I've never liked Mario either and M3 is the first game I ever played.
>>
>>3515902
A smartphone system is your rebuttal?

Amusing.
>>
>>3515906

It'd be one thing if the idea of a game or other piece of media 'aging' was something that's only been used recently in this shady little corner of 4chan, but it's not. The term has been around for decades. Everyone knows exactly what it means. It's completely absurd to throw a little shitfit over it because you think it's 'inaccurate' or whatever.

Imagine you're talking about video games with someone and you say 'oh man, that boss was pretty hard, he absolutely decimated my party the first time I fought him' and they start sperging out and yelling 'THAT'S INACCURATE! THAT'S NOT WHAT DECIMATE MEANS, IT ACTUALLY MEANS TO REMOVE A TENTH OF SOMETHING NOT THE ENTIRE THING REEEEEE'. You'd probably think they were a raging sperg and never want to talk to them again. And that is exactly how you, or anyone who freaks out over the 'aging' thing, is acting.

I'm not just throwing memes around when I'm calling you autistic. This is the kind of thing autistic people do because their worldview is so rigid that it doesn't allow for words to be used in a non-literal or 'poetic' kinda way. So I seriously do hope you actually are way up there on the sperg spectrum buddy, because otherwise you really have no excuse to be behaving like this.
>>
>>3515923

>tfw you realize a simple smartphone is more powerful and capable than all the /vr/ systems together

Anyway, the guy's got a point, Nintendo are at least still alive... nintendoomed when? since 1889. Hiroshi Yamauchi a oni.
>>
>>3515931
They're more dead than SEGA. A Sonic game was announced for NX before a Mario game, even.
>>
>>3515923
Right? It's amazing how long they've held out in the public eye.

It's almost like people enjoy what they make and you're just opinionated
>>
>>3515938

Damn... Nintendo is really doomed.
>>
>>3515910
>>3515930
You're the one sperging out because people disagree with your use of vocabulary and resort to name calling and goal-post shifting in order to prove yourself right.
I don't think you understand that I criticize that expression because using it is just like blaming cows for not liking milk.
>Imagine you're talking about video games with someone and you say 'oh man, that boss was pretty hard, he absolutely decimated my party the first time I fought him' and they start sperging out and yelling 'THAT'S INACCURATE! THAT'S NOT WHAT DECIMATE MEANS, IT ACTUALLY MEANS TO REMOVE A TENTH OF SOMETHING NOT THE ENTIRE THING REEEEEE'.
Your example is bullshit because "decimate" is an exageration of the term that should have been used for this sentence to be accurate, and thus is acceptable, because that's just a deformation, the sentence isn't plain wrong. On the other hand, the expression "X has aged poorly" is just making up excuses for not liking X game while it can still be enjoyed by other people who aren't as picky as you are.

tl;dr : Games don't age, you're just blaming the game for having acceptable controls that don't fit your own personal definition of good controls, and therefore consider that this game can't be considered good anymore. You might be the one throwing "autistic" here and there, but that behavior of yours might be the most autistic shit in this thread.

Anyway, have fun trying to argue alone.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 465x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 465x498px
>>3515949
>It's almost like people enjoy what they make
Except they don't, Nintendo fanboys are dropping like flies. Enjoy your beloved company eventually becoming mobile-only.
>>
>>3516003
>people don't actually enjoy things

Damn you'e salty. Buyer's remorse?
>>
>>3516003

>australia-kun displaying his autismal traumas with nintendo as usual

I guess nothing changes in good ol' /vr/
>>
>>3516013
>implying stralia

It's time to stop giving the guy so much credit, it's clearly just a buttmad autist from /a/
>>
>>3516013
If by autismal trauma with nintendo you mean superior taste in games, then sure.
>>
>>3516042
>subjective taste in video games

fixd
>>
>>3516042

I dunno, you're constantly talking about Nintendo. Doesn't matter if positively or negatively, you're thinking about them all day.

Also, your tastes are shit.
>>
>>3516076
>I dunno, you're constantly talking about Nintendo.
Can't help that its autistic fanbase always brings them up here.

>Also, your tastes are shit.
Nice counter-argument, cunt.
>>
>>3516086
>Can't help that its autistic fanbase always brings them up here.

It's very, very ironic that you, of all people, call others autistic.
>>
>>3516086
Nintendo? On /vr/? What a rediculous and unexpected premise.

You are a silly person, you should think more objectively by understanding how your opinion is just that: an opinion
>>
>>3515874

Imagine being a grown man and still liking mario and kirby.
>>
>>3516003
I've filtered most of the cancerous memes on this board, I even hid the gackt faggot (or however you spell it), but can't figure out how to filter this shit tier waifu faggot.

Maybe filter image.jpg? Does anything good ever come from iPhone posters?
>>
File: 1434433188645.png (1KB, 120x135px) Image search: [Google]
1434433188645.png
1KB, 120x135px
>>3516120
Who said I have to imagine it?

Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>3514564
So its like, regular chewing gum with nuts attached?
>>
File: what a monogatari mark.gif (63KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
what a monogatari mark.gif
63KB, 1000x1192px
>>3516123
I hope you didn't filter the best /vr/ meme.
>>
>>3516120

Imagine being a grown man (and I mean, a really old ass grown man) and still shitposting with people 20 years younger than you on 4chan

>>3516123
>Does anything good ever come from iPhone posters?

No, especially because they phonepost to evade bans.
>>
>>3514564
>Is something wrong with me?
Yes, Mario 3 is the best mario game in the series and a masterpiece in 2D platforming.
>>
>>3516136
No because it has a point and it doesn't bother me much. Seeing the tomoko fag at least once a day makes me cringe though.
>>
>>3516131

Mario and kirby are about as fun as wearing a diaper and playing in a sandbox.

Why do nintendo fanboys always use the word "fun" like some kind of defense mechanism whenever their baby games are called out for being shit?
>>
>>3516139
Imagine being so butthurt, you must invent a strawman that you apply to any poster that bounces you the fuck out of an argument, because you can't handle someone else's differing views.
>>
>>3516170

Every time someone call you out, you reply the same way "it's just a strawman! I'm not australia!"

Just shut the fuck up. If you're not him then don't even reply, who cares? Your shitposting is the same as his.

>because you can't handle someone else's differing views.

Are you describing your behavior when someone says they don't hate Nintendo like you do?
>>
>>3516175
>Just shut the fuck up.
Take your own advice. Nobody cares about your Australia-kun forced meme.
>>
>>3516156
Uh, because tastes are subjective and you're being a stick in the mud? Why are you being a dick for no reason?

Are you insecure about what people would deem your tastes to be, so you subscribe to the most elitist ones?
>>
>>3516179

>uses australia-kun tomoko pic
>people calls him out
>s-stop using strawman!

autistic as fuck
>>
>>3516175
>Are you describing your behavior when someone says they don't hate Nintendo like you do?
Na, I understand you yanks love your Nintendo games, you can relate to fat plumbers getting their girls cucked away from them by loud niggers.
>>
>>3516192

The whole world is getting cucked at this point, Europe is no better, especially Britain.

You can only make fun of cucks if you're asian, maybe.
>>
What is it with autistic people and their hatred for Nintendo? Is it because Nintendo is too normie-friendly?

But video games are all normie-friendly unless they are some obscure gore hentai game at this point.
>>
>>3515792
It must be hard being unable to grasp figurative language.
>>
>>3515994
Why do you think people need to give a reason why they don't like something? Do you think somebody saying that they don't like something is them attempting to argue, or an attempt to discredit whatever they're giving their opinion on.
>>
Op, you need a reason to dislike.

It doesn't have to be a "good" reason, just one you can articulate.
>>
File: image.jpg (522KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522KB, 1200x675px
>>3516198
>The whole world is getting cucked at this point
Not where I live.
>>
>>3516262

Your boyfriend is probably fucking some fine syrian boypussi while you stuff your old rectum with Amiga diskettes.
>>
>>3516263
Where can I sub to your Australia-kun fanfiction?
>>
>>3514564
It's ok OP, just because people dickride a game doesn't mean you have to.
I consider myself a huge Megaman fan however I hate the Megaman X series
>>
>>3514571
Even back in the day when I was 5 I never found Mario Bros that engaging or interesting.

I always prefered games like Mega Man, or Castlevania. Something about Mario just didn't jive with me

Mario sunshine is comfy as fuck though.
>>
Have you tried Metroid yet, OP? It's a platformer meant for adults, unlike Mario.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.