[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Beating the game allowed you to unlock cheats to make beating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: capture_001_22092016_012323_984.png (581KB, 503x393px) Image search: [Google]
capture_001_22092016_012323_984.png
581KB, 503x393px
>Beating the game allowed you to unlock cheats to make beating the game again easier.

Why did games do this?
>>
I think it's neat to be able to mess around with a game to make it easier to beat.

I thought that anyway. Then I beat a certain rpg with modified troop stats and didn't find myself having any fun at all.

Theres gotta be a limit to what you can do. Because those rules are what makes the game fun.
>>
>>3514358
For FUN. You remember what that is?

Going back through RE with the unlimited Rocket Launcher is very cathartic.
>>
I like it when there are extra modes that enhance the difficulty, forcing you to use more of the techniques and tactics you learned, or that require the equipment or abilities you carry over to finish.
>>
>>3514358
For a sweet feeling of revenge.

You come back overpowered to something that would usually be difficult, it`s a great feeling.
>>
>>3514358

Because it's fun. And sometime you want to replay a game either for kicks or for story reasons
>>
>it's fun
The first couple of times, yes. Game companies continuing to do it as long as they did was lame.
>>
>>3514358
Why is this a problem?
>>
>>3514840

No, because every games was its own thing. Getting the chainsaw in Silent Hill 1 felt very different than getting the rocket launcher with infinite ammo in RE, for example.

Maybe it isn't fun for you.
>>
>>3514358
what a stupid subject for a stupid thread. Congratulations, youngtard
>>
>>3514358
Resident Evil was fun as fuck when you can go back and kill the first fucking zombie. That goes to same to the rest of the RE games.
>>
>>3515495
Agreed. Even the costumes were fun.
>>
Well it can be fun unlocking a way to power through the game. Or you could have little siblings and they suck, so it's fun for them to be able to win for once.

Or there are also cheats and stuff that make the game more difficult. Remember 007 difficulty in Goldeneye? Playing against perfect aims who die to one shot and kill in one shot was pretty neato.
>>
>>3515660

getting to play as Regina in RE3 was pretty cool
>>
>>3515735
mandatory

https://soundcloud.com/kannibalizer/resident-evil-3-boutique-arachno
>>
>>3514358
Are you serious? It was for those of us who wanted to get the multiple endings. It's from back before every lil thumbsucker just went to YouTube to look them up.

Yes, the unlocks made things easier most of the time, but they were still balanced. Chainsaw is super powerful but short range and slow as fuck. Hyperspray changed based on how you did in the previousame game, but was still mostly useless.

If you want to bitch about easiness, how about the second options menu giving you 4x ammo?
>>
>>3516005
>bitch about easiness
I don't remember reading that in the op, sport.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.