[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What about this game was so terrible that it made everyone call

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (925KB, 1100x863px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
925KB, 1100x863px
What about this game was so terrible that it made everyone call it the worst RPG on the playstation?

It's essentially the prototype to golden sun and I had a lot of fun with it as a kid, and don't really get its reputation, what gives?
>>
>>3508127
Short as fuck and boring. Golden Sun also sucked. Being a prototype for that game isn't good in any way.
>>
>>3508127
It's a massive cliche pileup and has no real difficulty or innovation to speak of. It was just really dull.
>>
>>3508127
>Worst RPG on the Playstation
>Not LoD

Who ARE these people?
>>
You said it OP it's like a prototype or proof of concept. It was the first RPG available in the US though and it's way better than Quest 64 so...
>>
>>3508165
Quest 64 is a good game you gigantic faggot
>>
>>3508165
>quest 64
don't remind me
>>
>>3508163
Legend of Dragoon is bad but BtB is even worse. No joke.
>>
>>3508127
> I had a lot of fun with it as a kid

That's the key. When you play something as a little kid it affects you in a certain way. Likely it was one of your first RPGs so it will naturally stand out. For everyone who played it later on when more experienced it was a turd.
>>
>>3508178
wasn't one of my first rpgs, my first RPG was final fantasy 1, didn't really care much for them until my aunt left FF4 over at my house though.

was the first rpg I played when I got a playstation though, if anything the game is simply mediocre, I just don't think it deserves its reputation as the worst rpg on playstation, there has to be worse, guardian crusade comes to mind for me, but some people like that game so I guess its subjective in the end
>>
>>3508197
Explain the scenario where you played FF1 then 4 and were still a kid by the time Beyond the Beyond came out.
>>
>>3508278
My first videogame was when I was six. Know what it was? Altered Beast. I was born in '89
>>
>>3508127

My friend had this POS.

I told him Mario RPG was superior he disagreed.

Graphics sucked. Massive dungeons with random encounters every 3 seconds.
>>
>>3508282
So if you were 17 when the game was released why did you say you had a lot of fun with it "as a kid"?
>>
>>3508308
I'd cut that off at 12
>>
>>3508282
You were still super young, and likely the main reason why you didn't see it as being as bad as it was. It's a terrible game, there might be a worse RPG on the system but it doesn't make it less bad.
>>
>>3508308
>born in 89
>BtB released in 95
>17 years
>>
>>3508319
I'm a different person from the OP, newfag.
>>
>>3508356
Then why are you replying to me directly asking the OP and not pointing out you're someone else?
>>
>>3508278
I was born in 85, so I was 10 when btb came out, and even then I'd consider anything before 14 a child really
>>
>>3508127
>It's essentially the prototype to golden sun
You just explained why it's terrible.

Golden Sun is literally babby's first JRPG and cool summon/equipment system aside is complete shit. BtB is even worse.
>>
>>3508127
Watch out for those cursed scarfs.
>>
File: 1470252151352.jpg (103KB, 450x586px) Image search: [Google]
1470252151352.jpg
103KB, 450x586px
worst part is samson being cursed for like half the game, and you are basically forced to lug around a useless character, and even then, after he gets uncursed his stat growth is still abysmal for w/e reason, so much for being an unbeatable hero
>>
>>3508127
It doesn't bring much to the JRPG table, and feels more at home on a 16-bit console than the Playstation.

Now, I found it mediocre, just too by-the-book, and very weak compared to the pletora of RPGs on the system. The character design is awful, on the other hand I liked the OST.
>>
>>3508310
I felt like a kid until college started, looking back. Dumb decisions, few responsibilities compared to adult life, no real worries, not fully aware of the world around even though I thought I was, no real money or freedom, other people had control over my life. 19 year old me was vastly different from 16 year old me, but 16 year old me was not that different from 8 year old me, but 16 year old me had anger and bitches.
>>
I hated the last dungeon. The rest of the game wasn't really that fun.
>>
>prototype to golden sun

Well, there's your answer. Golden Sun is fucking shit, so the prototype must be worse.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.