[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compared to the originals, which of the Sega Ages remakes were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 69852_front.jpg (161KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
69852_front.jpg
161KB, 640x908px
Compared to the originals, which of the Sega Ages remakes were actually better than their originals or are at least worth a look at? Used to hear about this series of remakes a lot back in the days but was in the phase of where I only wanted to play new stuff so didn't have any interest in them until now.

>Favorite?
>Second Favorite?
>Third Favorite?
>Worst in the series?
>>
>>3505343
Galaxy Force II is amazing
>>
I think most of the later ones by M2 are pretty good with lots of options and goodies.
>>
>>3505343
>no McDonald Treasure Adventure
>>
>>3505343
just got off Hokuto no Ken. Even though I don't read or speak a word of JP, it was pretty fucking awesome for a straight up remake even though I never played the original one.

>>3505351
I'm going through the series in order of release, about to hop on Vol. 12 Puyo Puyo. Saw gameplay of it though and can't wait to get to Galaxy Force 2 since it looks like a much more hype Afterburner.
>>
>>3505503

This, HnK is a pretty fun remake for the SMS game (or Black Belt if you're a faggot). I'd recommend Die Hard Arcade, Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtua Racing, and warn you to avoid OutRun and Golden Axe there.
>>
>>3505537
too late, already played OutRun and Golden Axe when I had the disc for Sega Classics Collection; I had no idea it was pretty much Sega Ages localized until today.
>>
Sega Ages vol. 31 is the ideal way to play the original Virtual On.

>>3505537
mild de-recommendation for VR: it looks great, but the handling and collisions are all kind of fucked up
also, the sfx are kind of awful
double-recommendation for Die Hard Arcade, it's brilliant
>>
File: nights004.jpg (142KB, 799x600px) Image search: [Google]
nights004.jpg
142KB, 799x600px
I have the Panzer Dragoon one, and the Nights remake (which was supposed to be part of the Sega Ages series but ended up being its own separate stand alone release), I got the nightopia special pack.
Honestly they're not that good, as neither of them were made by M2, in fact in the credits you can see all the programmers are chinese, not japanese. It kind of shows because the controls aren't really as good as the Saturn originals.
At least the Nights pack included a pretty nice hard cover book, which is a replica of a book that was released with the first edition of the Saturn original in Japan.
>>
>>3505343
Not trying to troll or anything, but this is probably the ugliest character design I've ever seen.
>>
File: dream_delight.jpg (614KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
dream_delight.jpg
614KB, 2592x1944px
>>3505698
Did not know it was part of a first edition Saturn original.

I have the Sega Ages Gunstar Treasure Box, Dragon Force, Virtual On, and Phantasy Star Generation 1. Sadly, I have hardly played them because I spend more time playing the originals on the Saturn.
>>
>>3505856
Like, seriously. I could draw better human beings when I was a preteen.
>>
>>3505537
Oh holy shit, I didn't realize OutRun was remade for this. It looks like shit.
>>
>>3506652
I played Coast to Coast before and really didn't help that I got used to the drifting but had to keep in mind it's really just OutRun with 3D models.
>>
File: marina-what.png (6KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
marina-what.png
6KB, 250x203px
>>3506094
>>3505856
>dissing based HAN
>>
>>3505503
>Even though I don't read or speak a word of JP, it was pretty fucking awesome for a straight up remake even though I never played the original one.
It's not really though. The two versions have a different lineup of stages and enemies, with the PS2 version allowing you to play as Rei and Toki in certain stages. The PS2 versions also uses arranged renditions of the anime's soundtrack (or at least very similar sounding music that's only different enough to avoid paying royalties) and a special move system.
>>
>>3506750
I figured there would be obvious differences but the gameplay remain relatively the same.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.