[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Doesn't require to grind to fight the next boss >Battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: chronotrigger-snes.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
chronotrigger-snes.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>Doesn't require to grind to fight the next boss
>Battle system is simplistic but has depth
>Enemies has varieties
>Side quests aren't bland

This is the first time that I couldn't find a flaw in a video game, I really can't find one thing that is wrong with it
>>
>>3502186
story has plot holes
its a tad bit too easy
>>
>>3502186
Too easy.

Not trying to shit on it, phenomenal game.
>>
>Enemies has varieties

Aren't a lot of the enemies the same just with different color palettes?
>>
even with the various endings the game is too short. that's not a flaw, because a book is not better or worse for its lenght, but yes, I wanted more. I know every little secret this game has, I wish I could play it with for the first time again.
>>
It's nearly perfect, the only weak point of the game I can think of is minimal and is the reptite lair and only when trying to get all the treasure, its just tedious.

A bit easy but it doesn't derail the game.

You should play phantasy star IV as well, that game is essentially the chrono trigger of the genesis
>>
>>3502198
What are the plot holes?
>>
>>3502186
Magus has no real DT or TT, and his best equipment is insanely easy to miss.
>>
>>3502223

>too short even with various endings

What the fuck?
>>
>>3502276
having nearly no DTs or TTs is only of minor concern for him though, as other than crono or ayla is essentially the best individual party member in the game taken on his own merits, and ayla doesn't rise above him until shes level capped anyway.

Yeah it seems pointless to use magus when you can just roll over the game with crono ayla and robo, but that makes every other character pointless too, as their techs pale compared to the output of the above party.

Magus is also really good for his versatility having access to all level 2 magic and his own dark magic being super useful, makes up for his lack of DTs or TTs
>>
>>3502276
What about those obscure items that'll enable Magus TT with certain party combos?
>>
>>3502294

Honestly, the game is easy enough that the party you choose doesn't really matter at all.
>>
>>3502375
yeah that's the games only true flaw, and even turning up the battle speed only makes it slightly harder
>>
>>3502186
>Battle system is simplistic but has depth

HAHAHAHAHA SURELY NO ONE CAN BE THIS DELUSIONAL?!
>>
I have never played this game before but I want to. Is the DS game any good? Should I jist play the original or what
>>
Only beat this game one time. Yet I still recognize it as rightfully being one of the best games ever. It is also very memorable even just that one time.

Is this a respectable opinion to have? Should I beat this game at least one more time?
>>
>>3502186
>>Doesn't require to grind to fight the next boss
>He grinds in RPGs
An the game plays itself, there's no difficulty at all.
>>Battle system is simplistic but has depth
No battle system without any damage modifier besides element has any depth at all
>>Enemies has varieties
90% of mooks can only use simple physical attacks with different multipliers, only a miniscule amount of mooks can use magic, bosses have souped up physical attacks and magical attacks with fancy names but nothing more than higher damage multipliers than mooks, enemy design is hot garbage.
>>Side quests aren't bland
>fetch quests BUT THROUGH FOUR DIFFERENT MAPS
>not bland

When will you stop littering this board with these stupid threads?
>>
>>3502649
>Can beat up a tranny

Not that bad of a game to me.
>>
>>3502697
Considering he's a shapeshifter, I'm sure Flea is like one of those guys who uses female avatars in MMORPGs
>>
>>3502649
Is it wrong to say that CT isn't meant to be a complex game? Just because it lacks a depth in certain areas doesn't make it a bad game, it's just not what you're looking for.
>>
Its really easy. It makes me bored because im not picking it up because its fun to play, its for the story. Since i cant brainwash myself everytime i finish playing this ones a one hit wonder. Good for casual gamers that want a jrpg experience.
>>
>>3502606
the DS version has a better translation and its actually a pretty competent version, it has some extra shit in it that links it to chrono cross, but one of the extra sidequest chains, the reptite one, is insanely tedious.

overall though, it might be the definitive version of the game, go for it.
>>
>>3502617
It's hailed as one of the greatest RPGs for a reason, it really deserves the title, it pioneered lots of things and made them standard too, like new game+, and even though it didn't create multiple endings it made it a thing in JRPGs pretty much.

the game was created by a dream team of developers, there aren't many games that are as near perfect as chrono trigger. It's a shame the game is so easy though, but I guess it helps with the respect it has garnered by being so easy to complete for people.

I don't know on beating it multiple times, I mean I've played it a hundred times it seems like but its at the point where It doesn't do anything for me anymore, you don't really need to play it a bunch of times to fully appreciate it, but a few times wouldn't hurt if you want to do it.
>>
>>3502889
New Game+ was just a natural mutation of an additional adventure mode like Zelda's alternate quest or extra mode in Kirby's Dreamland. Except they actually fundamentally change a lot of things in the game rather than just have items and/or levels carry over.
>>
>>3502226
>the reptite lair and only when trying to get all the treasure

Do you mean the "bonus" dungeon that was added to the DS version? Because yeah that was dogshit.
>>
File: muh-diversity.png (3KB, 204x32px) Image search: [Google]
muh-diversity.png
3KB, 204x32px
>forced piss-easy encounters every other step
>everything is fixed so coming back is nothing but a massive chore
>there are like ten enemies, the rest are recolor or edits
>>
>>3502908
yeah, the one where you go up and down the mountain 750 times, fuck that shit, never again
>>
File: chrono202[1].jpg (249KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
chrono202[1].jpg
249KB, 640x520px
>>3502186
I'll try to help you

>boring characters
>boring plot
>no exploration
>Boring world, time travel did not amend it
>Event system dropped
>Enemy encounters get predictible soon.
>No side quests
>"One of you is close to someone who needs help. Find this person, fast."
>Combat is straightforward/no space for creativity

>Failed expectations of what DQ + FF could have achieved
>>
>>3502851
>Is it wrong to say that CT isn't meant to be a complex game?
Absolutely not, that's precisely what the game is, a light RPG for children.
It's simply not the great game triggerniggers on /vr/ want you to think, it's a watered down RPG with great production values but terrible gameplay, if that's what you like all the better for you, but any of the things OP mentioned are misconceptions, if not blatant lies.
>>3502889
>like new game+
The very first Zelda had New Game+.
>and even though it didn't create multiple endings it made it a thing in JRPGs pretty much.
SaGa already made multiple endings, as in actual multiple endings, not joke checkpoints ending years before CT, on PC Lunatic Dawn already had non linear gameplay with multiple endings as well and many other RPGs in japan had multiple endings way before CT, it didn't innovate or set a damn thing, stop lying on the internet.
>>
>>3503046
>It's simply not the great game triggerniggers on /vr/ want you to think, it's a watered down RPG with great production values but terrible gameplay, if that's what you like all the better for you
Good, I'm glad we can come to a mutual understanding. I'm in no way saying it's the greatest RPG out there. It's not my favorite of the genre either, but I do enjoy it (as do other people) and I can totally get why other's do not, and it shouldn't be held to some excessively high regard.
>>
>>3502949
"This is not tasty fruit"
Bananas aren't tasty either, dumbfuck.
>>
>>3502198
>story has plot holes

yep. and there are a few spots if you decide to save and not play it for a few days you'll have no idea where to go or what to do. some parts of the progression aren't exactly intuitive.

I like chrono trigger. the gameplay itself and presentation is super polished. it's just nowhere near ff6.
>>
>>3502975
holy crap it's Toriyama.
>>
>>3502949
I love CT but that shit made me drop the DS version for good.

SNES4lyfe
>>
>>3502294
Ya know what I would've liked? If Magus could be used as a substitute for some of the DT and TT that he had the spells for. Like, before you get Crono back, you can use Magus, Marle and Lucca to cast Delta Force since he knows Lightning II or Magus and Ayla can cast Blaze Kick since he knows Fire II.
>>
>>3502186
It's boring as shit. A complete beginner's RPG.
>>
>>3503994
I don't understand this, who care if it's a game for a beginner or easy game as long as it's fun?
>>
>>3504001
I'm saying it serves a purpose, in the same way Radiant Silvergun does. It's a good way to get people interested in the genre on the whole. However, it's so simplistic that just isn't particularly interesting, and most of the mechanics are wholly superfluous.
>>
>>3502186
The writing could be better. But overall it's fantastic for a jrpg.
>>
>>3504001
Considering it took the gaming industry 30 years to fully understand what it meant to balance a game's difficulty (protip, relying on RNG or doing very exact things do not count) that's a moot point.
>>
>simplistic but has depth

Fucking kek. No. You use the same moves over and over again.
>>
>>3502920
>forced encounters

son you are fuckin' dumb as hell
>>
>>3502920
>forced piss-easy encounters every other step

There are like, six compulsory non-boss encounters in the game.
>>
It was an average game. Not mad I played it, but I won't play it ever again and that's been my thought for all these years.
I couldn't relate or empathize with the characters, so I wasn't really attached to the story. Combat was way too easy with no real variation to put me on my toes or make me think. I liked some of the art/areas, but the enemies were fairly uninspired in design outside of a few bosses. Lastly I thought the side quests were ass and all together not worth doing since there was no real benefit in that the game was so easy that obtaining anything extra was overkill. Granted I played the game in ~2000, so when it first came out im sure my glasses might've been slightly more rose tinted but from where I stand, it's for beginners of the rpg genre.
>>
>>3502202

Well, you can always do "self-challenges".
>>
>>3504452
>>3504454
Go play the game and report back how many fixed encounters you managed to avoid.
>>
>>3505294
watch a speedrun of the game, they finish 100% in 5 hours and don't fight jack shit, you can avoid fuck tons of things in chrono trigger, jesus christ you are dense
>>
>>3502186

On the story side the game worked for me because its leaves a lot for the imagination to work. The less dialogue and exposition there is ,and the stronger the characters look the better.

Reaching Zeal was one of my best moments in gaming up there with Thief.
>>
>>3505356
Yeah, if you know the exact precise pixel-perfect (likely unintended) point that doesn't trigger a fight
>>
>>3502186
It's fine.
>>
I find the battle system annoying. The enemy attacks even when you haven't. It's some mix of real time and turn based.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.