[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be honest /vr/, I have never played a ghost n'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: GnG.jpg (116KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
GnG.jpg
116KB, 500x375px
I'll be honest /vr/, I have never played a ghost n' goblins/ghouls n' ghost (same game?)in my life, where should I start?
>>
>>3502096
There are basically three main /vr/ games in the series: Ghosts'n Goblins, Ghouls'n Ghosts, Super Ghouls'n Ghosts. Try the first one. If it kicks your ass, try Ghouls'n Ghosts instead, which is considered the easiest of the three.
>>
File: arthur-gng.png (489KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
arthur-gng.png
489KB, 1024x736px
Ghosts 'n Goblins is the first game in the series, you should start on that one. Play the arcade version instead of any home ports, as they tend to be bad (NES in particular). Next is Ghouls 'n Ghosts, it's slightly harder and enemies are more complex but you can aim your lance in four cardinal directions now, and also can wear the magic armor which lets you charge up your weapon. Super is arguably the weakest of the retro trilogy but still worth playing, it added a double jump but removed the ability to aim your attacks. When you get to it, play it on Saturn as that version seems to have the least amount of slowdown. The GBA version is also worth checking out as it has a unique remix mode that references all three G&G's. There's also a Wonderswan game but the series' main designer, Fujiwara, had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>3502120
>Next is Ghouls 'n Ghosts, it's slightly harder and enemies are more complex but you can aim your lance in four cardinal directions now, and also can wear the magic armor which lets you charge up your weapon.
It's more complex, but the play enhancements make it easier and more fun overall.
>>
Oh yeah, and play the Japanese versions of the first arcade game. The US and other export versions ramp up the difficulty extremely high.
>>
There should've been a GNG game on the CPS2 board, that would've been awesome.
>>
Ghouls 'n Ghosts is the best. Original Ghosts 'n Goblins is good, too. Super is swamp-butt.
>>
>>3502118
Is ghouls 'n ghosts really easier than super ghouls 'n ghosts?
>>
>>3502264
Yes, quite a bit. A crossbow with upgraded armor can significantly reduce the difficulty through much of Super, but the hazards are still much more challenging.
>>
If you haven't guessed yet, op

the games are gonna kick your ass.

Be prepared.
>>
>>3502120
I liked the NES version. :( Manage to beat it as a child.

Well, I went through it the first time, not the second time.
>>
>>3502860
Then you didn't beat it.
>>
>>3502096
>>3502120
If you play the Arcade version of Ghosts and Goblins (which you should), play the Japanese version. This is one instance Where the American version is harder (probably for quarters). In the American version, the Satan bosses do some bullshit dive move which is near impossible to dodge.
>>
>>3502096
Ghosts n Goblins - Only good version is "Ghosts n Goblins Arcade Edition" on the C64.
Ghouls n ghosts - Best in the series. Play the arcade version
Super Ghouls n Ghosts - Apparently the ps1 version fixes the slowdown issues on SNES

There are a couple of other games in the series, one on GBA and one on PSP, i don't know much about them though.
>>
>>3502271
>A crossbow with upgraded armor can significantly reduce the difficulty
That is the only way I could end that game without getting hit. I think it's the easiest of the three. Gotta try them all again sometime.
>>
>>3504440
You'd still have to give up the crossbow before the end of the second run, and that double boss fight right before the end is a bitch with the goddess bracelet.
>>
I love all these games and they are great but I am too bad to beat one
>>
File: ghosts goblins sprites.jpg (1MB, 2268x2268px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts goblins sprites.jpg
1MB, 2268x2268px
>>
>>3505676
Don't give up, anon! I believe in you!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.