[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately, I've been considering selling all of my games and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: everdrive-n8-nes.jpg (29KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive-n8-nes.jpg
29KB, 458x458px
Lately, I've been considering selling all of my games and using the money to purchase a few EverDrives. Is it worth it? Collecting has become so expensive, and I don't think I'm going to reach a point where I'm satisfied with what I own. That being said, I'd still like to play my retro games, which is why the EverDrives are so appealing. This thread is dedicated to those who have sold their collections for one reason or another. What did you sell? What caused the decision? Do you regret it? Have you started collecting again since? What advice do you have for others?
>>
>>3500247
I considered this for a while and decided not to sell my collection. A lot of it has sentimental value to me, and I'll never be able to buy most of these games again at the prices I originally purchased them at. I don't collect as much as I used to but I still buy a few games from time to time. With that being said I've considered getting a TG16 Everdrive just because of how expensive a lot of the games are.
>>
>>3500247

This is what I was going to do too. After buying some of the cheaper ones, I found it hard to justify buying these things instead of just using an emulator. This also helped me realize why I sold my collection in the first place.

I'm also a huge fan of romhacks and translations. These carts are not great for hacks but good for translations.
>>
>>3500247
I sold my entire Dreamcast library because It's cheaper to buy spindles of Verbatims than hoping to at least finds loose disc and haggle the price even lower. I also don't have to pay exorbitant prices to import JP exclusives anymore; Under Defeat and Ikagura. Pirated Quake III Arena and was able to play online back in the day which is what helped me cope with this decision. Did the same for my N64, NES and Genesis collection. I regret nothing because I've been able to play games blockbuster or local vidya stores never carried. My room looks cleaner and now have access to a closet where clothing I had originally thought I lost or assumed accidentally landed in past yard sales have been the whole time. Krikzz is the man for making everdrive. Too bad I can't play 32x and CD roms just with the flashcart alone on my Genesis until I decide to buy the add-ons.
>>
Every few weeks theres threads like this all over.

If your physical collection is causing you stress, whether it's from having to move, being disorganized, financial struggles, etc, then you should -stop buying games-

You don't necessarily have to sell your collection, but you can stop for awhile.

I think a lot of people regret selling their collection. I think honestly, that it's rarely worth it to sell your collection since it's a huge undertaking for the most part. If I were to list all my games individually it would be at least 1200 listings, and to sell it in bulk would basically mean I take probably at least 60% hit on the value. That also involves meeting faggots from craigslist, sifting through hundreds of emails from retards wanting stuff for pennies on the dollar, dealing with online listings and fees from eBay and paypal, getting shipping material, etc.

People don't realize what a massive pain in the ass it is to sell video games. Video game buyers are the fucking worst, especially in this boom. Everyone wants a fucking deal, everyone wants stuff that's mint condition, they'll hound you endlessly then flake on the meetup. People think resellers have it easy, but the amount of bullshit you put up with just selling duplicates is disgusting.

I think if you don't want to play the buying game, then just invest in flash carts. Theres still some shit that's terrible to emulate so I wouldn't go full retard and sell everything.
>>
>>3500247
If you insist on playing on hardware then yeah, it's worth it.
>>
Bought one of these and an AVS. Way worth it if you just want to play. Collecting prices are out of hand now.
>>
>>3500247
There's nothing wrong with flashcarts or emulation but I highly recommend you do not immediately sell any games you are sentimentally attached to.
>>
It's likely that your authentic games will appreciate in value as the supply dwindles from more and more being put into collections while flash carts will likely depreciate as technology progresses barring major legal changes - and the disappearance of most chinese everdrive clones from the import marketplace sites makes me wonder about that (I support Trump but I may order a bunch of EDs if he gets elected)

In the long term though, in five or ten years you will probably find yourself saying "Man just ONE of those games I sold back in 2016 could pay for a flash cart now" so ask yourself if those years of playing hundreds of games on your real hardware will be worth it to you.
>>
>>3500247
Yes. Save the money, time and space.
>>
>>3500247
As long as the price of games are going up. These really help. If I were you I would look for the cheaper clone alternatives (if any) they work just as well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.