[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would there be a way to port a game such as shovel knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: downloadfile.png (99KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
99KB, 1000x563px
Would there be a way to port a game such as shovel knight to the nes or snes?
>>
Maybe it could be down for SNES, but for NES it would have to be dumbed down because it has too many colors and too many fancy effects like background parallax.
>>
>>3494787

it's probably be technically possible on the SNES, but it'd be an enormous amount of work
>>
>>3494796
Not to mention how much space it would take up, it's a massive game.
>>
>>3494787
It's not shovel knight, but I think you'll be interested in this, OP: https://github.com/andwn/cave-story-md/
>>
File: tumblr_n9llb2zJdt1ra7znro1_500.png (515KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9llb2zJdt1ra7znro1_500.png
515KB, 500x728px
>>
>>3494787
Ofcourse. You can port everything to anything. Just don't expect it to be the same. Lots of PS1 games got ported to the GBC.

But if you want to know if Shovel Knight is in the actual capabilites of the NES, then no. No, you can no port Shovel Knight to the NES.
>>
NES classic controllers are coming out soon. Usable on the Wii U. You can always pretend.
>>
>>3495779
what, really?
>>
>>3496875
No. It was just a case of making another, similar game with the same name. Graphics and mechanics were different. >>3495779 is just retarded or an underage youtuber. Maybe both.
>>
>>3494787
did you know that sprites can only be 2 colors, on the NES? Yep. Megaman's face is a separate sprite from his body. otherwise, he would be four colors.

fuck no, you can't cram Shovel Knight onto the NES
>>
>>3494787
Maybe the Saturn could run it.
>>
>>3494787
If you're implying a limited effort port, I think you'd be looking more at something like 3do or dreamcast.
>>
>>3497272
>did you know that sprites can only be 2 colors, on the NES?
That's wrong.
They're four colors, where one is transparency, so that gives you 3 visible colors per sprite to work with.

Fuck man, don't talk about about shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>3497208
What kind of idiot are you?
>>
You can demake them but an actual port? No.
>>
>>3498706
Stop being pedantic, you knew exactly what he meant
>>
>>3494787
Well there is Retro City Rampage, where the guy actually did port it to the NES: https://youtu.be/Hvx4xXhZMrU
>>
The devs wrote an article about the ways in which is breaks NES restrictions. You may find it interesting.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/07/breaking-the-nes/
>>
>>3498737
>What kind of idiot are you?
I'm not, or can you post some examples of games where the graphics and mechanics are the same on both the GBC and the PSX? All it takes is posting one video, which should be easy to find for a youtuber like yourself.
>>
>>3501080
Great article! Thanks for posting.
>>
>>3494787
No. I believe there are some articles about where the game adheres to the original hardware requirements and whee it does not.

>>3501080
Woops, here it is.
>>
>>3501080
>there aren’t many shades that work for displaying a character with a darker skin tone
>this was especially problematic
>>
>>3501182
Aw yes Captain Autism strikes again.
>>
I'm too lazy to look for it, but the creator of Retro City Rampage put out a video showing everything he has to do, and why, in order to downgrade his game to the NES port he was also working on. It has some good info that would also apply to Shovel Knight.
>>
>>3501376
>I'm wrong, so I'll part with an insult
Spoken like a true youtube babby.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.