[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished fallout 1 and 2. I'm going for Fallout tactics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Fallout_Tactics_Box.jpg (25KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_Tactics_Box.jpg
25KB, 250x309px
Just finished fallout 1 and 2.

I'm going for Fallout tactics.
Any tip/something that i should know/good build etc.?
>>
>>3491912
small guns become worthless later on
>>
Sneak is good to have, but can also be considered an early game crutch since late game armors successfully cripple that skill.
First Aid and Doctor are actually good now; keep a Medic around.
This is the only Fallout game where Charisma is worth investing into, as it gives you higher Brotherhood ranks (= better recruits earlier) and an interesting perk choice if you have CH8.
Set melee characters to aim for the left leg. Preferrably though do not have melee characters.
>>
>>3491912
Don't play it, you will end up disappointed.
>>
In spite of being a continuation of the classic Fallouts, it was originally designed for real time with turn based being an afterthought. You can play either just fine, but it's food for thought; real time works a little better.
>>
Don't get your hopes too high up and you should have fun.

Game isn't hard. I remember this one mission that you have to do evac from some supermutant base and are forbidden to attack the base because ERHAGEHERD YOU'LL DIE. I easily cleared the base even though there was some extra HMG fire without a source in turn based mode.
>>
>>3492435

Fighting is easy if you played Fallouts and you won't fuck it up with a wrong build is my point.
>>
>>3492435
Was that the one with the big APC and the trench warfare kinda map?
>>
>>3492657

yes this one you get shit in dialogue for assaulting the mutants but nothing else
>>
>>3492435
>Game isn't hard

The fuck? It turns into a fucking meatgrinder as soon robots show up
>>
>>3493759

Not if you have Energy Weapons. Combine them with the M2HB Browning and Rocket Launchers and they're easy.
>>
I have a question that isn't about Fallout Tactics, but it's about Fallout 1: I went into the Glow to do the Brotherhood quest and recovered everything i could. I used like three Rad-X, but i still got pretty irradiated. I have like 5 Rad-Aways, and i use them before leaving, but still i get killed when i go to the overworld.
Can i fix this or am i fucked and have to restart the game?
>>
>>3494412
If you can get a couple steps away on the map, check your dads,I think the map square itself causes radiation.

Anyway, go to the party view in the middle of the desert and pass an hour at a time until you take damage from radiation, then take a stimpack and use doctor, etc to give yourself more hp.
>>
>>3494431
I literally cannot move from the spot i'm in.
A few hours pass and i'm dead
>>
File: pitch black tactics.jpg (15KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
pitch black tactics.jpg
15KB, 800x500px
>>3491912
That all depends on your answer to this question:

You're not afraid of the dark, are you?
>>
>>3494453
Hope you have backup saves, then
>>
>>3494527
The only backup save i have from before entering The Glow is my Doctor Who easter egg one.
I can't believe that after playing this game two times already i haven't learned to make good backup saves.
>>
>>3494801
This game made me a save scummer for years after.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.