[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else realized this game is actually kinda shit, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: PanzerDragoonSaga_title.png (215KB, 704x448px) Image search: [Google]
PanzerDragoonSaga_title.png
215KB, 704x448px
Has anyone else realized this game is actually kinda shit, and probably was only put on a pedestal because it was so rare?
>>
>>3490676
Describe why?

Carefully.
>>
I like it. Love the soundtrack - one of the best in the industry. Great atmosphere, lore and designs.
>>
File: obama112.jpg (63KB, 508x595px) Image search: [Google]
obama112.jpg
63KB, 508x595px
if you personally don't like it, that's fine. it doesn't mean the game is bad. it only means you don't like it. given how many people have praised the game, over the decades, and have given specific examples of why they love it, I am inclined to believe that you might be the outlier.

and given how popular "contrarian, baselessly arrogant asshole trying to prove his superior taste" threads are... sorry, I meant "overrated games" threads are, I am even less likely to be swayed by your opinion
>>
File: dafuq_nigga.jpg (165KB, 477x455px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq_nigga.jpg
165KB, 477x455px
>>3490676
>didn't like pds
Non rpg guy here. I absolutely loved this game. The battle system alone made this game so enjoyable. Not to mention your flying a fucking morphing Dragon. Your a giant faggot for not liking this game op.
>>
File: 960210_20091221_screen012.jpg (316KB, 1280x2267px) Image search: [Google]
960210_20091221_screen012.jpg
316KB, 1280x2267px
I still gotta play the saga games. I love panzer dragoon 1, 2, and Orta
>>
>>3490676
It was never put on a pedestal. All the praise you see for it online was really from resellers trying to dupe idiots into paying out the wazoo for it thinking they're missing out on the most amazing game ever.
>>
>>3490676
It was pretty meh. This is coming from someone who paid nearly $300 for a copy. It's a decent game, but no where near worth the amount it's going for these days. If you want to play it, then either emulate or mod your Saturn.
>>
>>3490867
>emulate

Yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>3490676
My collector friend who owns this game but has never played it told me it's one of the greatest games ever made!
>>
>>3490949
I've beaten in SSF, it plays fine on an emulator.
>>
The only game at the time that competed with FF7. Even surpassing it is some areas.

It's an amazing game.

Then you have late 90s 2000s babies come in and say it's terrible and usually follow it up with some memes like "clunky", "muh reseller conspiracy", etc.

The only actual con of the game is it has quite a bit of hidden bullshit that you would never find without a guide. But that only matters for the completeness not to actually beat the game.
>>
>>3490965
The hidden stuff isnt really hidden,
>>
>>3491075
That bullshit about going back to the first level after beating it and following a random seagull?
>>
No cow is sacred in good ol' /vr/
>>
OP is just upset that he's too poor to buy the game but too stupid to realize the game runs perfectly fine in SSF.
>>
I really loved this game probably one of the best non Square RPGs made. It's more rewarding if you've played previous games in the series.
But it's not even worth the money to get a US copy just mod or pseduosaturn it.
>>
Saturn owner here who played it back in the day. I was slightly disappointed with it despite the fantastic atmosphere, music and graphics, because there just weren't enough places to go and things to do in the game. I get that it's set in a dying world but it felt a bit empty.
>>
>>3490949
I finished it in SSF last year.
>>
>>3491084
Dont a load of games before and after have the same thing?

Think thats really the only hidden thing, a lot more just needs a bit of brain power to figure out

Dragon not powerful enough to open the door?
Dont destroy the ship now, come back later
>>
>>3490860
>It was never put on a pedestal.

Someone doesn't remember 1998 very well.
>>
>>3491521
>Dont a load of games before and after have the same thing?

Can you name one?
>>
I swear to God if I had a hipster who irrationally loves Earthbound, a hipster who irrationally hates Panzer Dragoon Saga and only one bullet I'd stack them.
>>
>>3491645
How would someone's love or hate for something be irrational? If you like something you like it. If you don't, you don't. How could that be irrational?
>>
>>3491637
>Can you name one RPG with additional "secret" content after the ending?
Yes. Yes he can.
>>
>>3491647
Because there is no logical case to be made that "Panzer Dragoon Saga is shit" any more than to claim that Earthbound is the greatest game ever. Either one of these opinions is worth a kick in the neck.
>>
>>3491648
I was talking about going back to the first level. If you're going to be as broad as post game content then of course.
>>
>>3491653
I see. You're a child who doesn't understand personal preference or individual experience.
>>
>>3491660
No. It's childish to have such strong opinions that you deal in absolutes. I can concede that Earthbound uses solidly established RPG conventions to tell a quirky little story that has a certain "Nintendo" quality to it that might appeal to that type of gamer in hindsight despite how unpopular it was at the time. I can concede that even though I love Panzer Dragoon Saga, the environment is excessively empty and its difficulty curve is way too flat and doesn't require or even reward players for grasping the whole unique combat mechanic but it's certainly not "shit".
>>
>>3491676
>No. It's childish to have such strong opinions that you deal in absolutes.
>Either one of these opinions is worth a kick in the neck.

Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
>>3490676
I like the combat system.
>>
>>3491658
Disgaea? Chrono Trigger? Many modern DQ games, any game with NG+?
>>
>>3491693
Correct answer! You can hate literally everything about PDS despite there having been three rail shooters in the setting preceeding it you would have somehow needed to have missed the setting and tone of, the combat system is still unique and brilliant even if it can be broken by midgame presumably due to inadequate play testing.
>>
>>3491658
So after the ending you did not go "Back to the place where we first met" to find her then shoot everything in sight because you found out you could?

Also a lot of people used to buy magazines back then. Remember Sega Saturn mag mentioning it in part of its guide
>>
>>3490676
Reviews at the time of release didn't take rarity into account, idiot. It was praised because it was one of the better JRPGs from the 5th gen.
>>
>>3491703
The whole magic system is pretty much pointless. I only ever used it just to see what it did.
>>
>>3491645

>being this mad that you need to project your hatred on Earthbound fans

Maybe OP is a Final Fantasy fan. Or a HoMM fan. Or an anti-RPG guy.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.