[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games if any made you sick or ill? After about 30 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: drath_Forsaken_11351684.jpg (93KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
drath_Forsaken_11351684.jpg
93KB, 600x604px
What games if any made you sick or ill?

After about 30 minutes of playing I'd get dizzy and sick feeling as fuck. No other game made me feel that way.
>>
>>3488206
No retrogames made me feel ill. I played Forsaken so much I became unbeatable online. It's the only game where I have a 100% winrate against other people.

The only game that made me feel physically ill is a modern one.
>>
>>3488206
THIS!
>>
The original Phantasy Star made me nauseous in the dungeons or it might have just been the intense guilt that my parents had spent like $100 to get me a Master System and that game but it was too hard for me.

Much more recently I've been amused by reports of people playing King's Field and Shadow Tower on field of vision filing displays because those games have real tunneled FOVs which was fine for their genre and on the tvs they expected people to play them on at the time.
>>
>>3488206
>The only game that made me feel physically ill is a modern one.
This.
Happened to me on multiple titles that use chromatic aberration.
>>
I played Dragon Warrior II until I got what might have been a migraine, and then just kept on playing, if that counts.
>>
BioShock 1 (not 2, weirdly) and Half-Life 2 made me sick, but they're not retro.
>>
>>3488345
PSI makes me a little claustrophobic, but not nauseous. When you fall in trap after trap and know you're four or five stories underground and don't know how to get out? Definitely feel some anxiety. Impressive how visceral it is for such an 8-bit game; says a lot about design and atmosphere.
>>
The original Spyro the Dragon made me nauseous. I looked it up online and it's actually a common occurrence.

Oddly enough, I noticed that if you mute Steve Copeland's soundtrack the nausea will go away.
>>
>>3488397
His must was just that bad
>>
>>3488415
music*
>>
Fucking Spyro The Dragon......

I legit loved that game.....but I specifically remember getting headaches at one point and having to lie down for an hour due to the perceived 'motion sickness'
>>
>>3488437
lots of games with horrible automatic cameras are like that for me
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I've long not had the problem, but Descent (pic related) used to make me very uneasy. I could only play it for an hour or two at a time. It gave me a feeling at the time that current VR with stick-based locomotion gives me.
>>
>>3488397
I used to get diarrhea and vomit simultaneously and pretty quickly 15 minutes in

Only game that's done this to me
>>
Hexen 64.
>>
File: Guardian_of_Steel.png (96KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian_of_Steel.png
96KB, 280x210px
Hexen (PC) and Heretic, I love both games but I`ve been forced to take breaks
while playing. Maybe it's the refresh rate. Hexen also has that strobe level
(Guardian of Steel, pic related) that can be somewhat nauseating.
>>
>>3488212
Whooh back the fuck up. N64 fag here. You mean to tell me Forsaken had online multiplayer on the PS? I always had to play against the bots on my Nintendo.
>>
Doom and Doom-engine games. I was fine when I was in highschool, playing Zdaemon and Skulltag all night. Makes me wicked sick nowadays, though.
>>
File: Forsakencover[2].jpg (36KB, 432x551px) Image search: [Google]
Forsakencover[2].jpg
36KB, 432x551px
>>3488789
Fucking rich kids with their PC master race shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgjorgvFAsw

Seriously though, build yourself a ~2002 gaming PC while it's still cheap to do you'll be glad you did
>>
Sonic 3D blast introduced me to the wonderful world of ocular migraines.
>>
Only game that ever came close was Quake 3, on one of the maps that had a shitload of jump pads.
>>
Jumping Flash and the sequel used to give me vertigo, but I dunno if it still does.
>>
>>3488206
For some reason the homebrew port of Wolf 3D for the Genesis would give me a major headache after about a half hour of playing.
>>
Turok 1 on N64 gave me.motion sickness.
Only game to do so.
>>
File: ultima-005.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px)
ultima-005.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
I personally can't fucking stand this oblique perspective shit

it is the primary barrier to my enjoyment of this series
>>
>>3489127
>it is the primary barrier to my enjoyment of this series
Only a five games in the series use that perspective.
>>
I can only think of a modern game that made me nauseous.

>>3488535
Descent only made me uneasy in the sense of how stressful the whole game is. The entire game is made of cramped hallways, uneven lighting, minor jump scares, and confusing shootouts out of nowhere. That game rattles my nerves every time I play it.
>>
>>3489141
>only five out of eight
>it isn't a big deal
>>
>>3489162
5 out of 15. In the main series it's 2 out of 9.
>>
I have motion sickness very nearly all first person perspective games.
>>
>>3488910
This.
>>
>>3488910

Only entered the thread to post this. This happened with me playing the Genesis version, I haven't tried the Saturn or PC versions yet
>>
>>3488206
awww sheit i started a thread about this game already

>>3489754
never got sick at all from this
>>
>on the ball for snes
>>
>>3489094
It was the same for me with Turok 2. Turok 1 did give me some motion sickness, but with Turok 2 it was even worse.

I honestly wonder when will Night Dive actually release the Turok 2 remaster, on a related note.
>>
>>3488206
Gauntlet Legends on Dreamcast.

>cold Los Angeles Friday after school
>cousin, friends and I pitch in for Gauntlet Legends on Dreamcast at Blockbusters
>about a dozen 2-liter Dr. Peppers and Doritos later it's Sunday evening
>aunt cousin and I drop friends home
>on our way back, aunt accidentally makes a quick turn and I hurl all over myself trying to hold it in my shirt
>the next day was spent in bed having fever dreams about Gauntlet happening on my chest
>>
>>3488206

Silent Hill/ Silent Hill 2

That drunken camera after a while makes me nauseous.
>>
This is actually a documented phenomena. Simulation Sickness. It occurs when there's a disconnect between your brain and body wherein your brain think you're on an alien planet shooting bug-eyed monsters with your doot cannon, but your body knows you're sitting still.

The best thing to do in my case is to take a Dramamine about 20 minutes before palying.

Half-Life 1, the original Mirror's Edge, Brutal Doom. Dark Forces. All do this to me. And Simulation Sickness stays with you for about an hour after playing or more because you are disoriented by the sudden snap back to reality when you stop.
>>
Not retro, but, Katamari Damacy gave me the worst Migraine I've ever had.
>>
>>3492621
>the original Mirror's Edge
Literally designed to induce vertigo but also not even close to retro
>>
>>3492628
but its so fun
>>
>>3492621

>taking Dimenhydrinate just to play vidya

Isn't a bit extreme? Those side effects are nothing to take it "just for fun" when you are in a situation wehre you cannot escape the motion sickness (travel etc), especially that sleepiness (after all that really how that stuff works, dampening all your senses). But at vidya you CAN escape it. Wouldn't it be easier to just like every 30 minutes take a pause and walk around for 5 minutes to recalibrate your senses that you are indeed solid on the ground?
>>
I can't even fiddle with my phone on the bus without getting motion sickness, yet video games have never made me feel sick.
>>
FORSAKEN...fuck. that game made me ill too. I played the n64 version. my friend was hooked on it...I couldn't play multiplayer much because I'd get nauseous.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.