[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ bros. I have a quick question for you guys. I bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (851KB, 2760x1875px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
851KB, 2760x1875px
Hey /vr/ bros. I have a quick question for you guys. I bought this cart around 14 years ago since I didn't need to make any modifications to my SNES or the cart itself to play it. The thing is I can't find similar carts or any info on it. Is this just an elaborate bootleg? Game in question is Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden.
>>
File: image.jpg (505KB, 2194x1831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505KB, 2194x1831px
>>3483536
Here's the front of that helps
>>
Yeah, it's an bootleg, you can tell by the 2 holes on the bottom left and right to fit the american SNES.

I also have a bootleg of Super Butoden 2, very high quality with the back sticker, but it's still a chinese bootleg, from the early 90s when they cared to make them high quality, later on they started being cheaper, cheaper plastics, no sticker, etc.
These old bootlegs even came with the boxes and manuals, you wouldn't tell they're bootlegs unless you compare them side to side with the original.
>>
>>3483548
Thanks, bro. I figured as much. Luckily I only spent 20 dollars at the most for it back then. Definitely still keeping this in my collection since it still works and it's a nice bootleg. Thanks again, bro!
>>
>>3483548
>very high quality with the back sticker, but it's still a chinese bootleg, from the early 90s when they cared to make them high quality, later on they started being cheaper, cheaper plastics, no sticker, etc.

No kidding. This thread made me check my PAL copy of Mega Man X that I traded for 15 years ago at local "reputable" shop and only now realized it's a bootleg. Cart looks and feels like any other title in my collection, but the back of the box uses NTSC box layout. Damn. Though at least I still won that trade (gave Crazy Castle II for GameBoy).

Did Chinese bootleggers back in the 90s also make copies of SNES games that used special chips, like StarFox or Yoshi's Island? Curious.
>>
>>3483635
No, the "super" chip games couldn't be copied then. They only were able to even be made into stable roms around 2002.
>>
>>3483596
>Luckily I only spent 20 dollars at the most on a bootleg back when they were going for $1
Luckily. Indeed.
>>
>>3483963
Ah, had no idea. Figured certain roms didn't work because of the emulators themselves, not because they weren't properly copied/dumped at the time.

How did Chinese SNES bootlegs get distributed before the internet? How the hell did I end up with one?

I saw those NES Dendy "yellow cart" bootlegs in literally every toy store around my city, but they were never masqueraded as legit NES games.
>>
>>3484053
Well fuck. Lemme hop into a delorean and stop my 13 year old self from making the purchase!

Or not give a fuck since 20 bucks ain't shit.
>>
>>3484105
>or not give a fuck
>gives a fuck
Or you could hop in that delorean and tell your 13 year old self to read the rules before posting.
>>
>>3484362
wtf is the point of being such an ass?
>>
File: 1462843908864.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462843908864.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>3484484
Ignore that anon. He is being a bitch.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.