[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way of obtaining/playing this? AFAIK there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Duke-Nukem-3D.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Duke-Nukem-3D.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
What's the best way of obtaining/playing this? AFAIK there's no source port that comes with the actual game like zDoom.
>>
>>3483220
play the saturn version
>>
eduke32
>>
>>3483220
>What's the best way of obtaining/playing this?
retail on MS-DOS on real hardware of course
>>
>>3483223
That requires an actual copy of the game (though now that I think about it, I could probably torrent the GOG version that was taken down).
>>
Since its owners apparently are trying to cashgrab a 20 year old fucking game with some shitty new version, you should have no qualms with downloading the original by any means necessary and playing it with eduke32.
>>
The game is not for sale anymore at the moment because the rights shifted to Gearbox and they're making their own version. It will be released in about 4 - 5 weeks for 20€ and will have a brand new episode by the original devs.

In the meantime, torrent the old GoG version and either play it, in DOSbox, or download EDuke32 which should detect the GoG version files and play using that.

For the add-ons, try to download the .GRP files of the Megaton version somewhere. It's the easiest way to play them in EDuke32.
>>
>>3483220
Im sure you can find the Megaton Edition on g2a or something
>>
>>3483228
So does every other source port.

Descent sourceports need the Descent files to play. Open RA needs Red Alert's files to play, Open RCT2 needs Roller Coaster Tycoon files to play.

The only difference for Doom is that there's free IWAD called Open Doom to take the place of doom1.wad or doom2.wad.
>>
>>3483228
yes do that and don't give money to gearbox
>>
>>3483236
>>3483239
>>3483247
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks.

>>3483245
I believe the OpenRCT website had a download link to a free RCT2 demo (OpenRCT would then unlock the full game).
>>
File: 02.jpg (222KB, 1024x783px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
222KB, 1024x783px
OK, so I got atomic edition with newest eduke 32, but no music plays in game. What gives?
>>
>>3483316
I don't know, maybe something's up with your computer not reading midi files.

Try with this music pack, download the .ogg version and extract it all in EDuke32's main folder.
http://sc55.duke4.net/games.php#duke3d
>>
>>3483316
Old games had funky music options. I've not played it but I would take a look at the options to see if there's a music driver selection like in Doom.
>>
>>3483348
That worked, thank you.
>>
>>3483348
I'd like to thank you as well. I downloaded the last version from the official eduke site about a week ago and the music kicked in and went full schizo mid level in E1M1.
>>
>>3483378
>>3483445
Apparently there was a glitch with midi playback that the EDuke32 guys are currently fixing. It should be fixed in the latest version now, if not, should be in the next version in the few days.

The Roland SC-55 music pack IS superior though, but you might still need midi whenever you play something that doesn't uses the original game's music. Just redownload EDuke32 when that's the case.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.