[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to watch this with context What's the best way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Wizardry.jpg (64KB, 300x497px) Image search: [Google]
Wizardry.jpg
64KB, 300x497px
I want to watch this with context

What's the best way to get into Wizardry?
>>
>>3479670
>What's the best way to get into Wizardry?
Play Etrian Odyssey and then pretend it's 10x as bullshit and 1/10 as long.
>>
Adventure -> Rogue -> dnd -> Telengard / Oubliette -> Akalabeth -> Ultima/Wizardry
All on original hardware, peripherals and software for the authentic experience obviously.
>>
>>3479670
I watched it without context. Was alright.
>>
>>3480047
Oops, move Rogue after dnd
>>
If you want to watch this with Context, play Wizardry 1? I mean, that's where it got all its references.

Though the subs I watched explain all the in-jokes anyway
>>
I tend to recommend Wizardry 5 for starters. It's challenging but not as unbalanced as 1-3 and offers a bridge to 6-8.
FM Towns or PS1 depending on your preferences.

If you're a bloody beginner start with something simple like M&M3+ first.
>>
>>3480246

I figured, but didn't know if there were remakes that were reccomended etc.

>>3480047
>>3480323

Thank you
>>
>>3479670
I hear the PSX version of the first three games is pretty good and not censored. Wizardry 6-8 are good too even if the japs never played them.
>>
>>3480467
Wiz 6 and 7 got multiple Japanese ports.

The main censorship in Wizardry are the official American Nintendo releases which removed references to death and religion. The only other censorship is removal of nudity in the console ports of 5 and 6.

The SFC port of 1-3 is also notable, it got releases after the PS1 and had some further options such as the hide ability that makes thieves more useful in combat.
There is a translation patch that translates all the extra text for spell descriptions and the like.
All Japanese versions of 1-5 (except the PCE-CD) include the original English text.

There's also a Windows version of 1-3 with translation patch but it seems to have disappeared.
The only port I would advice against is the GBC because it's practically another game with different game system and changed dungeon layout.
>>
>>3479670
The OVA is an alternative take on the first Wizardry, most of the game's story is condensed in the small OVA prologue but as for the rest, it's pretty much its own take on the game, most of the game's iconic stuff like Murphy's Ghost isn't present, the OVA also implies that the MC's group has already explored most of the dungeons since they use the elevator without doing any exploring and the spells used are those of the games, but they don't say the spells' names so you might think they're asspulls, the characters except Werdna are part of their own continuity and most of the lore related to Werdna and one of the OVA's character is not stuff from the game.

Play the first Wizardry, the OVA is all about that, then proceed in release order, careful with IV though.
If you feel like a badass do>>3480047, but it's not really necessary if your purpose is to watch that OVA.
Akalabeth and Rogue could also get pretty addictive so be careful with those.
>>
Does Wiz7 make the franchise better? Because Wiz6 is clunky and compared to its cousin, M&M3, from around the same year, feels just so clunky.
>>
>>3481214
Wizardry 6 is clunky compared to just about everything.
The predecessors had far better controls.
I would recommend the Super Famicom port of 6 over the original IBM game. You can't keep your characters for the sequels but the game itself is less ghastly.

I'm not fond of 7. It still clunky, albeit not as much as 6, and a lot of the changes were for the worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.