[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching Let's Play for retro game that you can download

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: smoothing-8bit-6.jpg (34KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
smoothing-8bit-6.jpg
34KB, 450x402px
>watching Let's Play for retro game that you can download on WiiU/PS4 etc
>person playing turns on smoothing effect and color blend

Why the fuck do people do this on older games? They look like complete shit like this.
>>
File: 1471911526455[1].png (204KB, 783x524px) Image search: [Google]
1471911526455[1].png
204KB, 783x524px
>>
CRT OR BURST
>>
>>3478067
>not wanting your hero to have silky smooth legs
Whatever, OP.
>>
>>3478067
>implying the creatures that do this are people
>>
>>3478067
>Why the fuck do people do this on older games? They look like complete shit like this.

Obviously because they think it looks better. I don't understand why people in 2016 still want to look at the blur and glare of a CRT but around here that's a popular choice.

My advice to you is don't put so much care into how some dude on youtube wants to display the game he's playing.
>>
Don't forget
>Stretching a 4:3 game to 16:9
>>
>>3478067
People enjoy the taste of shit, that's why god made hell.
>>
>>3478689
>People who don't have the same taste as me like shit
>>
File: Naamloos-1.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-1.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>3478067
To be frank it does look pretty decent at some areas: see the folds on clothing, hair, sword, rounder muscle shape, etc.

But some areas look too blurry and lose too much detail, most noticeably face and muscle.

Maybe they should add different algorithm for skin tones.
>>
>>3478067
I didn't know you could also play as Metlman from Action League Now
>>
File: HoshiNoKirbySD.jpg (608KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
HoshiNoKirbySD.jpg
608KB, 2048x1536px
>>3478663
>CRT
>Blur and glare

Pick one dude. The entire idea of playing on CRT's is to get as close to a pixel and color perfect experience as you can.

If it has glare clean your shit and move your light or set. If it's blurry it's either an input side (console) issue or you don't know how to set up your CRT tight.
>>
>>3478731
I'm not talking about glare from an outside lightsource like a window, I'm talking about the light emitted by the screen itself as being glarey. I''m not interested in yet another debate over CRTs, you like them that's great. I don't and that's fine too. I'm just saying different people like different things. I think the filter in OP's pic looks awful, but if someone likes their games to look that way and they're the one making the video more power to them. Expecting everyone else to like the same things, the same way as you is foolish.
>>
>>3478663
>blur and glare of a CRT but around here that's a popular choice
Not really. A few very vocal bandwaggon crtfags may post their battlestations with clapped out old RF only tubes. Most of us have quality crisp CRTs that look great with RGB/Component.
>>
>>3478808
See >>3478742 I know what CRTs look like and have never thought the image quality is good even on very high end ones. You don't have to agree though, which is really the point to all this.
>>
File: dkc2.webm (1MB, 655x553px) Image search: [Google]
dkc2.webm
1MB, 655x553px
My way of avoiding shitty filters is to record footage of a game, open it as a GIF in GIMP, and using anisotrophic smoothing to upscale it without jaggies or other artifacts. I save it as a video, then pretend I'm playing it in realtime. It doesn't take that long, and makes the game look a lot better.
>>
>>3478849
>investing twice the time for a video
obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>3478872
We got a genuine detective over here!
>>
>>3478067
This is unbelievable. Next thing you know people are going to move on to something even worse, modifying the actual game to change the graphics to their liking. It's sickening.
>>
File: yi.webm (833KB, 650x508px) Image search: [Google]
yi.webm
833KB, 650x508px
>>3478872

I seek the best experience possible, and I'm not going to wait 10 years for computers to catch up.
>>
>>3478849
>Pretend I'm playing it in real time.

Okay you had me for a second there.
>>
>>3478067
Make it look more cartoony and normies hate pixels and kids don't care either way.
>>
File: full.jpg (27KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
27KB, 479x639px
>>3478731
>The entire idea of playing on CRT's is to get as close to a pixel and color perfect experience as you can.
The only reason anybody should be playing on a CRT is because of 0ms input delay. Colors and proper scaling are a given [unless it's an HDTV CRT].
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.