[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a ton of different Final Fantasy Tactics mods out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: lLYHB[1].png (119KB, 475x293px) Image search: [Google]
lLYHB[1].png
119KB, 475x293px
There's a ton of different Final Fantasy Tactics mods out there. Even a site and full community.

Any worth playing?
>>
the 1.3 content patch
laggy fantasy tactics
there's also a patch that lets you avoid random battles
one that lets you recruit different classes from soldier offices, along with monsters and adjust their level for a price
>>
>>3477113

Anyone tried adding the FFTA jobs and races? That'd be the shit man.
>>
>>3477132
doubt it
>>
>>3477192

yo that sucks shit man.

the job classes and races in ffta were golden. real perfect balance.
>>
>>3477217
Those fucking eeyore looking motherfuckers were the shit man. Someone needs to add them in.
>>
>>3477232

You mean the dog people? They were great. Nice mage class.

They would fit nicely in the FFT world if you made it like this:

>Men
>women
>warriors
>mages
>kids

That covers all the FFTA races as just different types of humans.
>>
File: XxWRQsu.jpg (454KB, 3500x850px) Image search: [Google]
XxWRQsu.jpg
454KB, 3500x850px
>>3477045
Hey, as someone who's played a lot of these mods let me help you out.

>1.3/1.3 Content
This mod personally pisses me off, so I wouldn't really recommend it. It's strayed so far from its original idea that it just pisses me off to play it. The creator's fanwank ideas, shoddy new sprites (that he commissioned I may add), and stupid design philosophy has personally ruined it all for me.

>LFT
Laggy Fantasy Tactics is the best patch out there at the moment. While it doesn't have flashy event edits, it makes up for it with amazing balance and improves upon the best part of the original game for me. The flexibility of jobs and how they can combo into one another. Everything feels more like an expansion to the original game would play.

>CCP
Celdia's Class Patch is a mod that focuses on making every job different. Every job is quirky and goes from neat to lolxdrandumb at times. It kind of works and meshes together to be an enjoyable experience.

>Journey of the Five
So this is a crossover hack between the most unlikely combination of characters ever. It used to be trash with really impressive events, but, its' actually gotten a lot better. The gameplay is a lot smoother and things combo into each other a lot better.It's worth a look just for the ridiculous John Wu style events that the creator managed to stick in at times.

>FFT Kind Of
This is actually an okay balance patch to be honest. The creator wanted to try and put everything on roughly the same leveling field. It's an interesting approach that's different from LFT, but, still tries to accomplish the same goal.

>FFT The Lion War
This is the one I'm most excited for since it's a touch up of the original with not that many changes. I suppose it doesn't really count as a 'modification' in the sense you were looking for but it aims to add the content of the PSP version, touch up the original script, and fix bugs while adding quality of life features.

Anyway, hope that helps.
>>
>>3477232
Nu Mou. Those guys were my niggas.
>>
File: MA times 13.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MA times 13.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
Well EZ-8 just got a new release...

Such shilling of one's own work
>>
>>3477863
I'll play it Anon for you, why don't you link me. It's on FFH right?
>>
>>3477863

Never got why staffs should use god damn MA for physical attacks. Total shock when my weak white mage Ramza started whacking people for 150 damage, doing more damage than my knight.

Is it possible to change that shit so everything uses paxwp?
>>
>>3478327
>I'll play it Anon for you, why don't you link me. It's on FFH right?
The FFHacktics version is really old.

This is where the latest version can always be found
https://ontlogy.wordpress.com/fft-ez-8-mod/
>>
>>3478484
>Never got why staffs should use god damn MA for physical attacks
Rods are used by Wizards and Summoners, who rely on their skillset for damage, so Rods are terrible at dealing damage and generally boost the effectiveness of magic.

Staves are used by Priests and Time Mages, whose skillsets trend towards utility, so Staves using an MA x WP formula gives them a damage dealing option,though they are pretty squishy so you probably wouldn't use them as damage dealers, it's mostly for opportunistic self-defense.

Oracles can use them all plus Poles which are basically improved Staves since they have higher WP and can attack from a distance in general. They're flexible like that.

>Is it possible to change that shit so everything uses paxwp?
Sure, pretty easy to do with the current tools.
>>
We need a fucking open source engine for tactics-like games already, so people stop relying on retarded hacks that take forever to get released.
>>
>>3478543

I think so. I was thinking of something like MUGEN but for tactics games.

>>3478541
>Sure, pretty easy to do with the current tools.

That's good, because default game is really dumb like that.

>Have an oracle
>hits more than my fucking lancer
>mage hits more than a fighter

Makes nooooooooo sense.
>>
>>3478557
>Have an oracle
>hits more than my fucking lancer
>mage hits more than a fighter
That's honestly more of the fact that there's a whole bunch more +MA Gear than +PA Gear, especially when Heavy Armor is concerned because it's pretty terrible compare to the Light Armors past Chapter 1.

Given equal PA/MA and WP they would do exactly the same damage.

Besides, the Oracle is themed as a more physical-y kind of Mage anyway.
>>
>>3478543
I think someone over at FFH started making one then tried to kickstart it and got nothing then gave up.
>>
>>3478541
I used to use oracles as melee fighters, that pole damage is awesome. And some of them have interesting effects too, like faith/innocent.
>>
>>3478510
Alright Anon, I'm downloading and patching now. I'll let you know what I think when I get to it.
>>
yo what about fft+? it seems dead but it seems like a rebalance thing
>>
>>3480314
The guy who made it didn't really playtest anything. The creator, Dome, was notorious for not doing that and it ended up being pretty buggy. Then he threw a hissy fit and kind of vanished last I checked. I haven't really kept up with drama since I'm not about that life anymore.

>>3477863
The anon who said he'd play your patch from earlier. I'm playing a little bit of it and I'm seeing some inspiration from some of Eternal's patches. Not really a big deal or anything, just always curious to see how two creators can have similar design philosophies at times.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>3480689
Oh somehow half of my post vanished. Anyway, there's some errors already with the events. What emulator did you test this on? This is on mednafen right now, but, I'm curious to what you did.

Also there's some weird out of place text in some areas. Like when I was going through the spell quotes a lot of them made references to other classes. Zombie comes to mind. I'll make a more indepth list tomorrow when I sleep. Anyway, I'm having fun so far.
>>
>>3478580
You mean Tethical. They never released the source for it. Only an older version is available in github.
>>
>>3477045
Laggy Fantasy Tactics is probably the best. The class ability changes are clever and give you a lot of options to play around with.

It's arguably superior to the base game, which is about the highest praise I can level.
>>
>>3480745
>What emulator did you test this on?
Epsxe but the screenshot isn't really an emulator bug - I wanted to spawn 4 more starting Generics to add to the player's party and the game uses this cutscene to spawn them, so I just made them stand there.

Figured it wouldn't really matter and trying to figure out proper X Y coordinates values always kind of annoys me since I don't know if there's any good tools for that. I can try to make them start to the side or something I suppose...

>Like when I was going through the spell quotes a lot of them made references to other classes. Zombie comes to mind.
Wizard gained Zombie and Don't Move (changed to Whirlwind) and I guess I didn't figure people would notice their description still said "Time Magic" and "Yin-Yang" magic, I guess I could change the description to say "Black Magic" but minor issue I guess.
>>
>>3480689

So there's no rebalance patch that isn't some fank wank like fft 1.3?
>>
>all these ps1 patches

That's gay ass shit. They're lving in the past. the psp version is mostly superior, and should be used as the base.

These tools and patches were made before PSP emulation was even a thing, that's why they focused on the PS1.
>>
>>3477319

I started LFT and it seems to be pretty good. 1.3 is stupid with its difficulty (which the community for it would bash me for saying) and its nice to see one that's balancing but not balls hard.

Monsters with charm and confusion keep kicking my ass though. I hate charm status in every game ever.
>>
>>3480890
>fank wank
That's a term.

Do LFT.

>>3480891
>These tools and patches were made before PSP emulation was even a thing, that's why they focused on the PS1.
The PSP modding tools has less features than the PS1 modding tools and ASM hacking isn't usable for the PSP version yet, so it can't be helped if you want full features.

>>3480914
For Red Panthers, paradoxically, you want to try to remain within Melee Range of them - they'll prioritize using the standard attack and Poison Nail over Charm.

For Pigs... well, no AI tricks I can think of. At least they're really squishy.
>>
File: ffta jobs in fft.png (21KB, 1420x439px) Image search: [Google]
ffta jobs in fft.png
21KB, 1420x439px
thread has inspired me. might try to make my fft patch i always wanted to.

ffta jobs in fft.

is this even possible? I figured you could use dancer/bard as two genders that make each sex its own "race".

Males = Hume + some bangaa
Females = Vierra + some nou mo
>>
>>3481264
>I figured you could use dancer/bard as two genders that make each sex its own "race".
I think there has been some developments in Job Wheel/Tree hacking so you might want to take an ask around in FFHacktics forum to see if there are workarounds.
>>
>>3481264

If I think right, the classes can be done, but not the gender segregation.

Special units would be treated like Squires still, not bard or dancers as you'd prefer. The units you buy at the shops would still be "Squires" too.

Neat idea, but does't work out.
>>
>>3481626
>>3481264

You can change it so that "bard" and "dancer" are second teir jobs, rather than first tier. I think that would fix it.

That would result in females being able to be Soldiers, but whatever.
>>
>>3481626
>The units you buy at the shops would still be "Squires" too.
There's an ASM hack that just deactivates the Soldier Shop and then you can do all your recruitment through events as a workaround.
>>
>>3482271

>asm hack

lol
>>
File: 1473446854984[1].png (697KB, 1056x884px) Image search: [Google]
1473446854984[1].png
697KB, 1056x884px
tactics is neat, but at the same time it's so technically out dated that there's no reason to make "new" content for it.

A lot of these sprites are pretty nice. Though they have a different art style.
>>
>>3486281
>but at the same time it's so technically out dated that there's no reason to make "new" content for it.
I really can't think of many other SRPGs with such comprehensive modding tools though - the GBA Fire Emblems?

Outside of a few oddities like not having Defence stats, I think FFT's core engine is interesting enough to play around with.
>>
>>3487551

The actual engine is trash though. It's a total step back technically from Tactics Ogre.

>5 units max vs 10 units max
>smaller maps

Tactics ogre is actually bigger than FFT.
>>
>>3477045
This game is unplayable after 1000 hours on Disgaea.
>>
>>3488195

Disgaea is unplayable after 1000 hours in FFT.

There's no in depth customization of characters. They just get stronger and maybe some new spells. Too much grinding. It's very simplified character system.
>>
>>3478543
>We need a fucking open source engine for tactics-like games
What about Battle of Wesnoth?
>>
>>3488471
how hard could it really be to just program them from scratch
>>
>>3488523
A little too big of a task for most people to bother, unless they're just making a general framework and not just an engine to make their own game in.
>>
>>3488471

battle of what?
>>
This game is for Asian kids whose houses smell like MSG.
>>
>>3491239

no, those are nippon ichi games
>>
>>3480891
>bad script
>slowdown
>crappy extra content
It's "better" like Saturn SotN is "better."
>>
>>3480745
Did you play any more of the mod? I'm interested in any battles you feel requires toning down because it's too tough even when optimized.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.