[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here play the Lands of Lore series? I started paying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lol.png (27KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
27KB, 640x400px
Anyone here play the Lands of Lore series?

I started paying the first one recently, and it's been great so far, but I find that my characters melee attacks miss wayyyyyy too often, so much so that if I run out of magic I may as well reload my last save, because for every 1 hit I land the enemies will land 10.
>>
LOVE Lands of Lore. Can't play the first one for shit lol, sorry I have no advice.
>>
>>3471029
Yeah, I've heard great things about 2 so I'm really looking forward to it once I manage to clear 1.
>>
Throw sticks and stones at 'em
>>
>>3471143
I'll have to give that a shot. Had to start over though due to not picking up the automap item at the beginning of the game and completing the quest that destroys the castle, hurr

Is there any way to sell items in this game, btw?

Also, can anybody recommend any other first person CRPGs that are this good?
>>
>>3470981
Never played the game, but I could tell this is an early nineties Westwood game 'cause of the look

Is it accessible enough for non hardcore types? I'd like to give it a go
>>
>>3472570
Absolutely. Unlike a lot of cRPGs you don't have any stats to manage, outside of picking your starting character (OP pic related) as stats go up automatically, so you can't screw yourself there.

There's a mini map, just don't forget to grab it from the castle library at the very beginning of the game, so getting lost isn't a thing.

And combat isn't too difficult, but definitely challenging, just make sure to save often and avoid encounters with your back and sides against walls so you can run and rest if you need to.
>>
>>3472629
Also, one thing that took me a while to figure out is that to use items you left click to select it out of your inventory then right click it on a character portrait to use it-- even items that you aren't really using on a single character, like if you want to read a note you picked up or something.
>>
>>3472540
Re: selling items-- so on re-exploring the south lands with the minimap I found Buck, but he's an ass and literally does not want to buy any item i'm carrying.
>>
Can I beat the last dungeon (the castle) without a lockpick? I lost mine somewhere a few thousand grids back.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.