[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /vr/ I know this will sound really stupid but, I just got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Smega Gebesis.jpg (6KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
Smega Gebesis.jpg
6KB, 313x161px
Hey, /vr/ I know this will sound really stupid but,
I just got a Sega Genesis model 2, and I was curious about certain things, for one, does it output in stereo? Because I have it plugged into the coaxial on my TV and so far sound is only coming out of the right speaker. Second, on my TV the coaxial port has notches on it for the coaxial to be screwed onto the TV, however the genesis has no such way as far as I know so I just plugged it straight onto the coaxial, is this going to damage it in any way? I know it sounds stupid but I want to be sure. also lastly, does the model 2 have region locking? I've read conflicting things about being able to fit Japanese cartridges in so I thought It'd be smart to make sure.
>>
All Genesis 2/MD2 motherboards support stereo output, so there's either something wrong with the cable or your receiver's settings.
>>
>>3468016
Shit, do you think it could be the thing I mentioned before or would that not be it?
>>
>>3467996
Yes the MD2 outputs stereo but is probably only mono via RF connection, you really want to be using RGB or mod it for s-video. Composite is okay at a push, depending on the motherboard revision you may get jailbars on the picture. Post a pic of the entire underside of the console and I could better advise what your options are and how to achieve them.

I'm in yurop and we use push fit RF aerial connections over here. I'd imagine it's not an issue though.

Region modding is really easy on these. Again post a pic of the underside and I'll run through your options.
>>
>>3468040
What do you mean exactly though, I assume the bottom of my console is jut like any other one since I haven't changed anything about it.
>>
>>3468189

There are different motherboard revisions. I assume he is trying to get an idea of which one you have.
>>
>>3468189
>>3468195 is correct. Better still would be to open the thing up and check the revision code on the board but you can tell a surprising amount from the exterior.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.