[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so im planning on playing through pic related blind. How do-able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: mainpage.GIF.gif (6KB, 239x216px) Image search: [Google]
mainpage.GIF.gif
6KB, 239x216px
Ok so im planning on playing through pic related blind. How do-able is this? Id rather not sink hours into it just to realise its not possible and/or shit.
>>
Also, Ultima general I guess...
>>
>>3466408
Do you have any of the documentation that came with the original game, such as the manuals and the map? Even if you have all of that, you'll still need to take a lot of notes and learn as you go. It's a complicated game, but it's well worth the effort to complete.
>>
>>3466408
It's not an especially difficult game, but as >>3466441 said you are going to need the original documentation and a notebook. Preferably with graph paper.
It's a fun time. I'm a young person and I played through it only recently so I don't think you should have to many troubles.
>>
>>3466441
>>3466505
Already got a pdf of the manual and a note book. Finding graph paper when I need some shouldnt be to difficult since im a D&D dungeon master, ive got piles of it.

I also snagged a map off of the official nes shrine.

Is it normal that travelling drains my health or did I do something wrong? Ia that caused by going through the swamps?
>>
>>3466548
>Is it normal that travelling drains my health or did I do something wrong?
Your food supply will drain as you travel. You need to stay stocked up to keep from losing health.
>Ia that caused by going through the swamps?
Swamps can poison party members and cause steady damage. You'll know if it happens.
>>
I strongly advice against playing the NES port. They cut out large amounts of content and made odd changes to the game.
Either play the new xu4, the SMS port or the patched IBM port.
http://xu4.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>3466408
>How do-able is this?
You have to to be a VERY patient man nowadays to sit through the repetitive and tedious encounters while exploring and solving some of this stuff in the later parts of the game.
>>
>>3466948
>food supplies
I havent seen a single place that sells food yet. Are you sure we're talking about the same game?

>>3467126
The main reason I chose the NES port is that I have a physical copy of tje game sitting in my collection. Do all of the NES Ultima games have cut content?
>>
>>3467510
Ultima 3 isn't that bad. The classes are fixed to a binary gender but most of the changes are minor.
http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/NES-Port_of_Ultima_III

Ultima 5 is extremely bad. Not just due to missing content but simply due to its sluggishness. They tried to make the game like Ultima 6 which was way more than the NES could handle.
>>
>I started as a Warrior

How badly did I fuck myself? So far im rocking everything in 1 hit with my regular sword.
>>
>>3467543
You can't cast spells, that's the main flaw.
But you need companions anyway so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>3467510
>I havent seen a single place that sells food yet.
I believe plenty of towns have shops that sell food.
>>
>>3467126
>>3467527

Well so far i'm having a blast to be honest. As long as those "odd changes" arent game breaking then im pretty sure i can deal with them.

>>3467565

I already got iolo in my crew. I was thinking maybe paladin and ranger for the other 2 spots.
>>
>>3467643
>As long as those "odd changes" arent game breaking then im pretty sure i can deal with them.
Removing dialogs in Ultima 4 is extremely game breaking.
I'm not sure if you can even call it the same game any more.
>>
>>3467654
>Removing dialogs
I dunno man, the npcs seem pretty talkative to me and they usually tell me what i need to to do pretty plainly.

>You cannot enter the shrine of compassion without its rune! Check at the foot of the inn's stairs.
>>
>>3467762
Try playing the other versions. They have keyword based dialogs with significantly more text.
>>
>>3467774
Yeah thats what I realised after a bit of research. That doesnt bother me much though. Talking to every npcs is just gonna be less of a time sink.
>>
>>3467790
Not playing the game would be even less of a time sink.
Talking to everyone about everything is the core of Ultima. It would be more appropriate to skip all the dungeons instead since those are almost filler.
>>
>>3467805
Well call me a filthy casual but the core of ultima sounds boring as fuck. Id rather play a streamlined version, comfortably sat on my bean bag, than keep wondering if I told keyword X to jester #5 in town Y at my computer.
>>
>>3467819
Just play a different game. Ultima isn't renown for its complex combat system or challenging dungeons.
Being a casual has nothing to do with it. Ultima 4 was specifically designed with children in mind.

If you want to play on a TV the SMS port is an excellent choice. They properly transitioned the game to a controller and fixed a bunch of issues along the way.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.