[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /vr/ i want to build a light gun support/cabinet. with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hi /vr/ i want to build a light gun support/cabinet.
with an LCD fixed on the wall and a wood column with 2x100mm led buttons for start . pedals at the bottom and holsters on the side.

As i love House of the dead 3 i would like to have shotguns too. And recoil is a must have for all guns.

Can someone give me some tips or recommendation for guns i would need for this ? and if i can make convertion of retail light guns.
>>
Do LCDs even work with light guns?
>>
>>3460542
No, this is common knowledge
>>
For what you want, I recommend just buying a HotD3 cabinet.

You're not really going to get the guns separate, and even if you could, the home LCD solutions are bad enough with pistols, if you extend that out to a shotgun they'd be near useless.

Then you're going to need to basically learn how to code an interface and drivers for the guns and hook them up to a PC if you want to play anything else, which would be kind of silly with massive shotguns anyway.

As for recoil, whatever solenoid you put in probably wouldn't deliver enough of a kick without shattering the gun casing with every trigger pull, which is why recoil is generally suited to either pistols or just a simple vibrator in a machine pistol.

If you're crazy enough to actually buy one of these Chink arcade conversion kits targeted at dumb BRs, I'd love to know what's actually included. While the Wii ones are obvious enough, I'm intrigued as to the method they're using for most of the other LCD solutions, it's a long shot but maybe they've got something worth pursuing, and I haven't seen any info online about these things.
>>
>>3460550
I know that retro light gun don't work on LCD that why i am asking in my original post if I can make conversion of retail light guns as there is DIY lcd light gun kit.

>>3460652
I would love to have an HotD3 cabinet as there is conversion kit for new net city cabinet but I want something more compact as my game room gonna collapse under the
weight of all the shit I already have. (3 cabinets already).

Gonna try to search and grab what I can work with. and the Chinese kits even if expensive can be a good solution.

Waiting if someone know others things about all this.
>>
>>3460758
You will never ever ever get accurate absolute positioning without a CRT. Accept this fact. If you're going to use an "LCD light gun" you'd be better off with a mouse.

Theoretically one might have some luck firing actual projectiles at a touch screen like a smartboard but they'd need to be made of the exact right material.
>>
File: photo_01.jpg (81KB, 800x342px) Image search: [Google]
photo_01.jpg
81KB, 800x342px
>>3460771
So all I can do is
1 find a big ass crt to connect my shits too
2 buy a HotD3 cabinet.

So any generic light guns you people can recommend ?
>>
>>3460771
The arcade solutions work fine with LCD, the key is lots of sensors around the screen, with software that knows the exact distances to work out the exact angles and distances involved. These give better than CRT accuracy, the issue is they're very expensive and custom to each cabinet.

Even the home CRT solutions aren't that great for emulation. Guncon has accuracy issues, Act-labs can't handle updating on the fly so it's only good for pistol games (in an ideal world, someone would write a new driver to enable something like a Crisis Zone PS2 mode), and USB2GUN is so expensive you're better off just buying an America's Army cab.
>>
>>3460828
You can use CRT projection. Check Craigslist for one of the big boxy old fashioned "big screen tvs" you should be able to get them free just for hauling them away.
>>
>>3460542
Depends on your definition of "light gun"
>>
>>3460540
use nes zapper
>>
>>3460542
Yes, depending on the light gun design. The very old styles read flashed bright squares at specific times, and will work just fine with an LCD. They are hell on frame rate for games, since it requires displaying a black frame with single white square, once for each target.

The more frame rate friendly types looked for the leading edge of the scaline. Which nothing but a CRT has. This is the type you need for games like House of the Dead, and won't work in any way with an LCD.
>>
>>3460540
>use nes zapper
If someone wrote a plugin for mame to make that work with the arcade light gun games, I'd squeege my pants right now. It would be a horrible hack, but I works be happy.
>>
>>3465235
Not only would such a plugin be insanely complex and pretty useless, you'd still need an adapter and shit.

The real crime is that the Xbox only had a single real light gun game, despite it having a dedicated pin for video sync just for that. Because of that, literally nobody has done any work on it, like writing drivers for Windows, or getting it working over VGA like the Guncon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.