[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never really tried any of the Monkey Island games and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Monkey_Island.jpg (71KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey_Island.jpg
71KB, 600x338px
I've never really tried any of the Monkey Island games and I'm wondering if anyone here had any experience with the remakes? If so, which version of Monkey Island is the most definitive one? Should I start from the first and then its sequels? Will it sate my hunger for puzzles?
>>
File: resize.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
Just go download DOSBox and the original game.
>>
>>3458997
Are the remakes that bad?
>>
>>3458993
Play the remaster in classic mode, classic graphics with voice acting.
>>
File: comparison1[1].jpg (525KB, 1600x2079px) Image search: [Google]
comparison1[1].jpg
525KB, 1600x2079px
>>3459016
This if you care about voice acting.
If not you can also play the CD version through DOSBox or ScummVM.

The new graphics from the "remastered" edition aren't anything to write home about, and they goofed the protagonist feel (which is fixed on the sequel's remaster). Playing the remaster you can switch between classic and remastered at any time using F12, so there's no reason not to play it directly.
>>
>>3459016
>>3459024
Which version is the remastered version? Is it the one up on GOG released back in 2009?
>>
File: demo1_2[1].gif (9KB, 320x146px) Image search: [Google]
demo1_2[1].gif
9KB, 320x146px
>>3459027
The remastered version is named Special Edition.

From the original there are only two versions (afaik), the floppy disk one and the cd one. The CD version has inventory graphics and a more complex ost.

Noteworthy to say that there also exists a short demo of the original that happens on the start of the game but has some differences, including a different narrative. I recommend playing it too.
>>
I don't hate Monkey Island and it's quite funny at times, but it's a little overrated/overexposed to the point of being a meme game.
>>
>>3458993
The special edition artwork is pretty shit, the voice acting is better than just reading everything but you can switch to the classic mode. I'm a real sucker for in game commentary and the special edition has some pretty good commentary with some of the original staff.
>>
>>3459039
> Literally nothing: the statement
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.