[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is it documented in any way how simultaneous inputs can fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: zoldo.webm (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
zoldo.webm
3MB, 1080x1920px
So is it documented in any way how simultaneous inputs can fuck up games using the directional pad on a Game Boy Advance or SP?

I've been playing Link's Awakening DX lately and I found today that if I press towards the centre of the D pad and walk backwards, perhaps it's that the forward input isn't ending but he looks like he starts to moonwalk and with a few of these inputs and walking around, Link's shield seems to be out even if it isn't equipped, and then things just get weirder and he can get glitchy, his sword becomes corrupted, he disappears, etc and if I'm holding a pot, there's even a chance that the player character is deleted entirely and I have to restart the game in order to move.

This is just the most bizarre shit and it must be because my hardware is putting in inputs that aren't ordinarily possible, right?

Actually, hold on. I'm just going to film it on my phone and and webm it.

Okay, that took a bit longer than I wanted but it's done, thanks for your patience. lol
>>
>resolution

mother fucker
>>
>>3458783
Just turn your monitor sideways so you can see the whole thing.
>>
Neat glitch. Figure out how to exploit it to shortcut fetch obstacles and you'll have something.
>>
>>3458795

Well unfortunately I'm not actually trying to exploit it, it was an incidental find. I had moonwalked before but it didn't seem like a real noteworthy bug until I moonwalked into a pot and started "swimming" on land. Now I'm just annoyed because once shit messes up, it's messed up for a while and I need to leave the area. However, I think this cooould actually have some sort of speedrunning application. Bombs get dropped in ENTIRELY wrong areas of the screen, and I haven't actually tested out all the other items I have yet.
>>
sounds like you're pressing opposite directions at the same time, and the game doesn't handle it in the most logical way. I've got a cheapo chinese SNES controller that lets me press down the entire dpad at once, and doing that makes Mario move faster than his regular top speed in SMAS SMB3.
>>
>>3458878

Woah, that's pretty cool. So it's pretty well recognized that simultaneous directional inputs can fuck stuff up? I'm glad to hear that, I was concerned that it was either a fucked SP or a fucked cart. at least it's reassuring.
>>
>>3458885
well the SP could be a little bit fucked up if it's letting you hit opposite directions. But yeah, some games behave weirdly when given opposite inputs because it isn't supposed to be possible.
>>
>>3458878
I discovered this through emulation before owning a usb controller.
>>
I think you just have a counterfeit Link's Awakening cart.

Notice how when you start up the file it takes a moment for the color to flicker on.
>>
>>3458780
>3458780
Did you film this on a second Gameboy?
>>
>>3458780
Pretty sure simultaneous opposing d-pad inputs are somewhat common in tool-assisted speedruns.
>>
>>3460235
It is. Pretty sure this underage who cant into rules is ignorant of that.
>>
I got a severly damaged gameboy at a garage sale and got a replacement shell for it and you can press the dpad down in the middle I used to always do that when I was playing links awakening to make him moonwalk around.
>>
>>3458780
Did you think we were waiting while you made the webm like you were on stream or something?

You didn't have to say "Hold on." or anything after that, you moron.
>>
>>3460327
lol
>>
>>3460249
What's against the rules you twatmongler?
>>
>>3460442
Surely 'twat mongler' is a compliment?
>>
>>3460235
Cool, I had no idea.

>>3460249
>underage because Im not into TAS
>arbitrarily say i can't into rules
>ignorant like it's an insult

of course i was ignorant of it, if I knew what it was I wouldn't have made this thread. all I had was my best guess as to what was happening, and it's been clarified since the post was made.
>>
>>3460442
Being underage is against the rules you shitrooster. And yes. I mongled your mums twat last night.

>>3460765
It is I mongled his mums twat last night.

>>3461117
This is something that people have known about for decades. The only way you could have not know about this is to be living under a rock for that time or be underage.
>>
>>3461343
>mum
>>
>>3461634
I mongled your mum as well
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.