[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE LAST 3 FUCKING FIGHTS IN THIS GAME WHAT THE FUCK WERE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: skiesofarcadia.jpg (358KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
skiesofarcadia.jpg
358KB, 1024x768px
THE LAST 3 FUCKING FIGHTS IN THIS GAME

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING
>>
>>3455513
I spent 2 hours because of all the fucking dumbass animations and time it takes between attacks, and still died to random chance because the fucking thing decided to use two moves in a row.

Fuck if I am starting that over.
>>
How do you know they're the last three fights if you haven't beaten them yet? There might be more bosses.
>>
>>3455545
The type of people who have problems with post 80's JRPGs are the type of people who look up walkthroughs before playing.

Likely he's backed himself into a corner by knowing exactly where to go without ever exploring, thus ending up too weak. And without using multiple saves. Rookie mistake, that.
>>
>>3455572
Yeah, what an idiot. This never happens to me because I cheat in every jrpg I play. Hooray for gameshark!
>>
>>3455572
What?

I looked up a playthrough because I wanted to see what I was doing wrong.

I used a walkthrough because the game has so many random encounters it cuts off any ability to explore. The moment you walk down the wrong corridor it's 10 random battles to get out.
>>
>>3455515
>and still died to random chance because the fucking thing decided to use two moves in a row.
>Babby can't deal with bosses using more than one move in a turn

Come back when your bosses use up to seven moves in a row then we talk.
>>
>>3456368
Go play Unlimited Saga. The bosses use multiple moves in a single turn.

And they combo with themselves
>>
>>3456373
But I did play it, in fact I was talking about Romancing SaGa 2 since Unlimited isn't retro
>>
OP here.

Sorry for raging.

I successfully beat the game today.

It was great, except for those last fights.
>>
For long animations, try pressing Z on GCN. You can skip your own character animations, so maybe you can skip bosses?

Not sure about Dreamcast.

I love Skies of Arcadia. Possibly one of my favorite games, but I think you generally end up overleveled for stuff in SoA just cause the encounter rate is so high, even when reduced in GCN.

You can also break the game pretty easily by nullifying almost all physical damage and magic spells.
>>
>>3456203
>I used a walkthrough because the game has so many random encounters it cuts off any ability to explore.
This mindset is why you're had so much trouble. It is exactly as I said, you fucked yourself by knowing exactly where to go at all times.
>The moment you walk down the wrong corridor it's 10 random battles to get out.
That is a drastic overstatement. The encounter rate in the dungeons is quite resonable, it's only the overworld where it can be a bit much while you're trying to explore. Even so, you should explore. instead of letting the internet play the game for you.
>>
>>3458012
Not OP but if you're not underage, chances are you have a job, or even worse, a family. These things take time.

I know it's not the exact experience, but I want to play these games, enjoy the gameplay and the story but not waste 10+ hours grinding.
>>
>>3455513
WHAT A SHITLOAD OF FUCK
>>
>>3458012
>That is a drastic overstatement.

You're totally fucking wrong.

One corner I had 3 random encounters in a fucking row. I couldn't even walk out.
>>
>>3458012
>Even so, you should explore. instead of letting the internet play the game for you.

OP here. My total gameplay was 42 hours.
That was over the course of 3 months.

If I hadn't had the walkthrough, there's no way I would've finished it. The random encounters kill exploration.
>>
>>3457750
Enrique and Aika are pretty much necessary for the bounties, particularly Daikokuya who you can fight with Gilder instead...and suffer dearly. The Piastol fights generally lower in difficulty, too, but it's a pain getting all the Moonfish in order to progress that part.

The Gamecube version's encounter rates are okay up until you get White Map from Doc, after which you can sail through the rest of the game easily. Just roaming around the East looking for Discoveries is more fun than it should be, mainly because you get too much money from selling the info.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.