[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all: objectively speakin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: aladdins.jpg (240KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
aladdins.jpg
240KB, 672x372px
Let's settle this once and for all: objectively speaking, what is the superior Aladdin videogame?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11087050
>>
>>3454568
Genesis one sold over twice as much, on a system that had less units sold worldwide (and performed xbox-bad in Japan).

There you go, I settled it for you.
>>
>>3454579
Huh. Well, there you go.

GENESIS WINS.
>>
Both games are good, I think it'd hard to say which one is "objectively" better, as people have different preferences and tastes.
Personally I find the Capcom game to be overall better and more enjoyable to play.
>>
SNES, but both of the games are mediocre to the point that I wonder why this is a hill for anyone to die on.
>>
GENESIS.
>>
>>3454568
Genesis, now move on you fucking cunt.
>>
>>3454568
SNES for the better graphics and gameplay.

>>3454579
>ad populum = argument discarded
>>
The one you played when you were a kid
>>
I hope it's split 50/50, just to spite you all.
>>
>>3454687
>>3454687
>>
>>3454568
Virgin, if only because it doesn't have a boring as fuck carpet autoscroll level with Jasmine like the SNES game.
>>
>>3454709

>not liking the comfy as fuck flight with Jasmine

Are you a literal homosexual?

I bet you didn't even get all the rubi stones on that level, casual.

This is satire anon, don't take it seriously. But really that bonus level was comfy.
>>
>>3454718
>not getting the joke that the virgin that dislikes the dating sequence prefers the Virgin game

Anon, I...
>>
>>3454724
That autism
>>
File: Aladdin cave level.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin cave level.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
Which game was more difficult?
>>
File: 1453675704475.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1453675704475.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>3454668
>better graphics
>better gameplay
>>
>>3454743

>anon realizes people have opinions

I'd argue the gameplay arguments is solid on the Capcom game, Virgin's game has so-so gameplay. You can do a lot more on the Capcom game, despite not having a sword (which, by the way, is mostly useless on Virgin's game, apples are OP)
>>
>>3454748
It's just shitter typical hop and bop platforming genesis Aladdin has good level design.
>>
>>3454823
b-but muh fluid acrobatics
>>
>>3454748
>(which, by the way, is mostly useless on Virgin's game, apples are OP)

Try killing Iago, any of the bats, or the sword jugglers with an apple.

The only single time apple throwing is better than using the sword is against the big guard dude, who can parry sword hits.

(not counting bosses, who can only be damaged by apples)
>>
>>3454568
>once and for all
>implying we haven't had countless threads about this before
>>
>>3454823
>typical hop and bop platforming

There aren't many platformers that implement the parkour mechanics of the SNES game. On the other hand, the Genesis game has very basic platforming controls; it's just your typical generic platformer. Attack, jump, grab. That's it.

>>3454872
>Try killing Iago, any of the bats, or the sword jugglers with an apple.

The apples are better at pretty much everything except the three you mentioned here. The sword hitbox is too short and the physics are too clumsy and imprecise to risk getting near the enemies.
>>
Shithole
>>
File: gbcaladdin.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gbcaladdin.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>3454568
>Not putting the GBC Aladdin on the poll.
>>
>>3454923
why the hell were they still making Aladdin games in 2000?
>>
>>3454926
That's just the GBC era in a nutshell.
>>
>>3454907
Yah but if I want to do that I could just go play Capcoms strider on genesis as its a way better game. The genesis Aladdin just has better level design despite being standard platforming
>>
They're both shit
The movie is shit
If enjoy either of them you're shit
If you have nostalgia for either of them you're blind and you had a shit childhood

Play a real video game like Alien Soldier or Chaos Seed
>>
>>3455093
You win Edgemaster of the Month Award.
>>
>>3454907
>The sword hitbox is too short and the physics are too clumsy and imprecise to risk getting near the enemies.

Translation: You suck at the game.

You can run and slash down any enemy except the big guard dude, who parries you and takes 2 hits to kill. If you don't like getting parried, you can just crouch and poke with the sword.

The only enemy with actual wonky hitboxes is that girl in the cave of wonders and in Jafars palace who throws crap at you.
>>
>>3454568
oh shit dawg! this is from my vg blog i used to update a lot. Glad you're using my graphic!
>>
Mega Drive > Master System > Snes > GBC

The Mega Drive game is so much better than the Snes one. It's not a fair comparison.
>>
I didn't know there was an SNES Aladdin game. Played both of them...I think the genesis version won.
>>
People who love the Genesis game probably think Earthworm Jim is good too.
>>
>>3455154
People who prefer the Snes game probably think Mega Man 7 is good.
>>
>>3455154

EWJ and virgin Aladdin are fine games. I still prefer the Capcom game though, but both games are good.

Virgin game is more visually pleasing due to the actual disney animators doing the characters (and Perry digitalizing them into sprites). Pretty awesome effect.

Capcom's game looks pretty good too, I'd say overall even better than virgin's, but sprite animation is still winner on virgin's.
>>
>>3455125
Okay, I checked it again, I was wrong in 2 parts:
- the thin guard with the staff also takes 2 hits to kill, and they can also parry
- If you run and slash, you'll get hit.

The problem isn't the hitbox, but the fact that all the sword attacks have a windup time. So you need to be good at judging where you'll be once the sword motion enters the slashing part. This applies to the running, jumping, and standing sword slash, which is what makes the hitbox look iffy. But it isn't iffy, it just has a windup on the actual slash that has the larger hitbox.
So again, you need to be good at the game.

You can just use the crouching poke however, that one outranges just about everything, making it a safe move.

Throwing apples allows you to score one or two additional hit while you run forward. If you are a pussy you can also stand in place until you clear any enemies, sure, but that's not fun.

The fastest and safest method to dispatch most enemies you face is throwing an apple as you run, then crouching and poking them with the sword. That'll kill most anything instantly, on Normal difficulty.

Damn, I forgot how satisfying it is to parry crap with the sword in the game... They really nailed that down.

Also, remember that most flagpoles will allow you to do a super jump if you fall on them from the nearest ground above them, and then hold C while being bounced up. It's the only way to reach the Abu bonus level on stage 3, and you can get lots of extra lives like that too.
>>
>>3455164

I never enjoyed the sword on Virgin's Aladdin, but I'm glad to read an anon who loves it explaining it and being passionate about it.

This is what vidya is about people, not console wars, but actually enjoying games.

I would drink a beer with both Mikami and Perry.
>>
>>3454687
basically this.
>>
Genesis version is better because it nails the look and sound of the movie, and the gameplay is more action packed instead of a dodge fest. It also scrolls in more than 1 direction, and the levels aren't so damn short that they'd end before the music could even loop through.

The carpet level is also WAY better. It's a simple concept, yeah, but it has by far the fastest scrolling I've ever seen in a 16-bit game. It makes Sonic look slow... and it has 3 or 4 layers in parallax on top. The music also goes well with it too, it really pumps up the adrenaline.
>>
>>3455170
Do Japs drink beer?
>>
File: Misato_beer.png (262KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
Misato_beer.png
262KB, 640x464px
>>3455195
>>
>>3454568
Genesis easy win for better music and fluid animation
>>
Apples and oranges. They're both good, it just depends on what you value more in a video game. If you value action, the Genesis game is for you. If you value level design, the SNES game is for you.

You should own and play both.
>>
>>3455362

Hmmm been awhile since I played the SNES game, didn't remember that it had oranges.
>>
>>3455362
But the levels are boring in SNES Aladdin.
>>
It baffles me how people pretend that Virgin's Aladdin anything more than just ok.
>>
SNES Aladdin no contest.
>>
>>3455472
Virgin Aladdin is a solid 7/10.

Capcom Aladdin is just a 6/10.
>>
>>3455472
Those are my exact thoughts about the Capcom game tho. This thread is always a muh childhood > your childhood thing.
>>
>>3454568
SNES had better gameplay, Genesis had better graphics and sound. PERIOD. This is not even open to debate.
>>
>>3454568
>SNES had better gameplay
no
>Genesis had better graphics and sound.
and no
>>
>>3455579
who are you quoting
>>
>>3455585

The post right above him.
>>
File: aladdinpoll.jpg (92KB, 714x351px) Image search: [Google]
aladdinpoll.jpg
92KB, 714x351px
good job /vr/
>>
>>3454736
Fuck this part. All the Virgin Disney games have this weird thing about death animations. They don't follow through. As soon as you think "oh shit I'm gonna die" the rips you out into a black void.
>>
>>3455136
For reference: https://thepixelcollective.wordpress.com/2014/07/04/the-great-debate-snes-vs-genesis-aladdin/

Also, Shinji Mikami voted for the Genesis version: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/20/5431778/aladdin-genesis-vs-super-nintendo-shinji-mikami-dave-perry
>>
I voted SNES just to be a contrarian shithead, not realizing that it was so close.
>>
>>3457059
>Also, Shinji Mikami voted for the Genesis version

If you read the article, the reasons why he says that is because of the animation, the sword and that Genie is on the cover of the Genesis game (Genie wasn't on the cover of Capcom's Aladdin for SFC due to some license issues, but he is on the western release).
In the same article you linked to they mention Dave Perry replied to Mikami's kind words by saying he would have bought the Capcom game himself, and admits the credit for the good animation on the Virgin game is due to real disney animators (the guy is too humble though, his digitalizing sprite technique was also a big factor)
>>
>>3457080
Snes babbies just butt blasted Capcom didn't give them strider
>>
>>3457681

Megababbies mad they only got "Wily Wars" while SNES got Mega Man X.

>muh blast processing

Wily Wars on MD has more slowdown than any other Megaman game.
Even worse in the PAL verison.
>>
>>3455148
what about the GBA version
>>
Genesis.
>>
>>3454568
SNES. Genesis has really weird feeling platforming because you'll float through whatever you're trying to land on unless the object is right in the center between Aladdin's feet. Now if we are talking about presentation the Genesis version totally blows the SNES one out of the water with all those great animations.
>>
>>3457685
You can actually reduce most of the slowdowns in Wily Wars on an overclocked M68000.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.